Amanita Pantherina, aka, Panther Cap

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Rebis

Re: Amanita Pantherina, aka, Panther Cap

Post by Rebis » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:17 am

Aquavitae wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:30 pm
I´ve tried A. pantherina 3 times, more than ten years ago. One small piece of dried cap each time, boiled for more than twenty minutes in spring water.

Felt general physical discomfort. Much more "electric" at nervous system level as many people report. Kind of "feline spirit" fierce feeling. Weird paranoid feelings about liver health concerns. From those experiences also learned that having beer or any carbonated drinks the same day is not advisable. Don Teeter from the Ambrosia Society also mentions that in regards to AM interactions, I found later.

Never picked any panthers since then. Prefer the fly agarics.

If I were to pick them again, I would make a tincture:

1 Cold dry caps

2 Heat them in the oven at 75 Celsius degrees for 20-30 minutes

3 Break them into pieces, not powder, into a glass jar

4 Cover the content of the jar with non denatured 70% ethilic alcohol

5 Let the jar sit and the content macerate in dark cool place for 3-6 months

6 Double boil the opened jar and its contents in gentle heat for volume reduction and water soluble compunds extraction, for 1 hour

7 Filter, bottle and store in cool dark place

If I did this tincture I would only put ONE drop under my tongue and start very cautiously from there, not having more than three drops in one week.
Thanks for the recipe, Aquavitae. :)

Rebis.

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:22 am

Tylerstreetbarber wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:57 am

This is what Paul Stamets thinks on the subject.
:o Oh my god, that must have been a scary :shock: situation, Tyler.
I suppose that is a big lesson for everyone to not mess around with mushrooms with zero knowledge and preparation, as Paul Stamets did, but, always to do one’s research beforehand, and do proper preparations. Get to know your mushroom, and not go on a blind date, so to speak.

Best.
Rebis. :)

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:43 am

Splinters and Shards wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:29 am
I hope this helps!
Yes, it does Splinter. :)
Your local carpet cleaning firm must love you. :lol:

My main purpose will be micro dosing, with possible further mind explorations in the future, depending how I get on with Muscaria or the Pantherina.

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:29 am

Rebis wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:43 am

Yes, it does Splinter. :)
Your local carpet cleaning firm must love you. :lol:

My main purpose will be micro dosing, with possible further mind explorations in the future, depending how I get on with Muscaria or the Pantherina.

I'm glad it helped!

On the second note, I bought my own carpet cleaner early on. Enzymatic spot cleaner for pet messes also works really well! :lol:

When you plan on exploring your mind with these teachers, I'd be more than happy to offer any advice to help you on your journey!

T36

Post by T36 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:17 pm

Im surprised that no1 mentions Stizolobic and stizolobinic acids in Amanita pantherina!?!
As i understand it, Its unknown what they do to u! Amanita Muscaria doesn't have those acids
And i remember reading some forum where Amanita users with science background where talking about panther caps and they where against eating em because of those acids...
These users thanked the author T36 for the post (total 2):
Splinters and ShardsRebis

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:16 pm

T36 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:17 pm
Im surprised that no1 mentions Stizolobic and stizolobinic acids in Amanita pantherina!?!
As i understand it, Its unknown what they do to u! Amanita Muscaria doesn't have those acids
And i remember reading some forum where Amanita users with science background where talking about panther caps and they where against eating em because of those acids...
I have not heard of this before. It is very interesting! Thank you bringing this up. It always amazes me when amino acids and neuron ligand chemicals show up in mycorrhizal fungi. The presence of the nightshade toxin atropine/daturin in many Amanitas is also fascinating to me. I wonder if this acid is a contributor to some of the main differences I experience between Pantherina/Gemmata/Aspera and Muscaria/Regalis. Do you know of any research being done? I'm definitely going to be looking for more info.

Thanks again! :D

T36

Post by T36 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:33 pm

A.pantherina DOES have some infrequent, but nevertheless present reports of memory impairment, and contains considerably more ibotenic acid and muscimol both, than A.muscaria, however, and it is a BIG however, it contains two neurotoxins, stizolobic and stizolobinic acid, which act as kainate receptor agonist type excitotoxins, structurally these are not too far away from the acromelic acids, which are a series of compounds present in certain fungi of the genus Clitocybe, notably C.acromelalga and C.amnoelens, and which cause on ingestion, a severe and persistant allodynia, also notable about the acromelic acids, is the truly shocking potency, acromelic acid-A, exerts toxicity at the fucking attogram level! people were doing evil things to rats with it at 50 aG/kg.

Now that is to me, more than enough reason to avoid A.pantherina entirely, even without any reports I could find of evoked persistent allodynia.
Full thread here:
https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/ga ... 965/page-2
These users thanked the author T36 for the post (total 3):
Splinters and ShardsUrsusSapiensWolf_Metal_Roots

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:53 pm

@T36 Thank you for the link!

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:13 am

T36 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:17 pm
Just wondering aloud, could they be responsible for the really weird feeling in your organs pantherina gives you? For me it felt healing, but it was WEIRD, like my organs were being massaged 4 feet outside my body. Also when Don Teeter made pantherina fleece ambrosia, participants complained of strange sensations in their kidneys, so they stopped using it. Hmm, could be relevant!
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post (total 2):
T36Wolf_Metal_Roots

T36

Post by T36 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:21 am

@Splinters and Shards
NP :) hope it helps you to discover something new and that you will share it with us :mrgreen:
Also i got to warn you that im really far away from science) so dont expect any intelligent replies from me dude :lol: all ive got is 4 years of reading about mushrooms, watching videos and dosing em :lol:
But you seem to be very experienced and interesting))) you must have had the breakthrough? Experienced the death? Seen the void?..

@Mcpato
Hmmm i cant remember reading about Don Teeter making Ambrosia with panther caps :?