Amanita Pantherina, aka, Panther Cap

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Splinters and Shards

Re: Amanita Pantherina, aka, Panther Cap

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:15 am

@T36 I've cut myself off from the internet for a couple of years. I got wrapped up in it years ago and the mushrooms told me to distance myself, so it's awesome having others like you to get me back up to speed!

As for breaking through, I wouldn't call it death. It's more like rebirth. :D
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post (total 2):
T36Mcpato

T36

Post by T36 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:35 am

...Dude :D :D :D
Feels like we're going off-topic here))) but ur something else!!! (No offence intended) eating death caps!?! Ur the craziest of us all!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I vote you to be our leader!!! We need a separate thread devoted to you!!!! You must tell us more about yourself!!!
Im super hyped! And want to know more about you and what the mushroom has shown you!...
These users thanked the author T36 for the post:
Mcpato

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:44 am

T36 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:21 am
@Mcpato
Hmmm i cant remember reading about Don Teeter making Ambrosia with panther caps :?
His friend Terry, who I believe is an administrator (was???) on the ambrosia forum spoke about it on a different forum years ago. Entheogen-network i think? They were arguing its being a mucor and NOT true amanita mycelium.
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post (total 2):
Splinters and ShardsT36

UrsusSapiens

Post by UrsusSapiens » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:59 am

Once again on bluelight.org, a thread on A. pantherina in mammals:
https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/st ... ls.400780/

looks interesting ;)
These users thanked the author UrsusSapiens for the post:
T36
Nature isn't mute - it's man who is deaf.

UrsusSapiens

Post by UrsusSapiens » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:36 am

Here is another paper, comparing the effects of muscaria poisoning to pantherina poisoning - of course behind a paywall :evil:
But the abstract is promising...
Toxicon. 2014 Nov;90:269-72. doi: 10.1016/j.toxicon.2014.08.067. Epub 2014 Aug 27.
Amanita muscaria and Amanita pantherina poisoning: two syndromes.
Vendramin A1, Brvar M2.
Author information

Poison Control Centre, Division of Internal Medicine, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Zaloška cesta 7, Slovenia. Electronic address: vendramin.andreja@gmail.com.
Poison Control Centre, Division of Internal Medicine, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Zaloška cesta 7, Slovenia. Electronic address: miran.brvar@kclj.si.

Abstract

Amanita muscaria contains more excitatory ibotenic acid and less depressant muscimol compared to Amanita pantherina. In this study A. muscaria poisoned patients were more often confused (26/32, p = 0.01) and agitated (20/32, p = 0.03) compared to those poisoned with A. pantherina (8/17 and 5/17). Patients poisoned with A. pantherina were more commonly comatose (5/17) compared to those poisoned with A. muscaria (2/32) (p = 0.03). In conclusion, the so-called ibotenic or pantherina-muscaria syndrome might be divided into two subtypes.
Nature isn't mute - it's man who is deaf.

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Splinters and Shards wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:29 am
Rebis wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:43 am

Yes, it does Splinter. :)
Your local carpet cleaning firm must love you. :lol:

My main purpose will be micro dosing, with possible further mind explorations in the future, depending how I get on with Muscaria or the Pantherina.

Rebis. :)
I'm glad it helped!

On the second note, I bought my own carpet cleaner early on. Enzymatic spot cleaner for pet messes also works really well! :lol:

When you plan on exploring your mind with these teachers, I'd be more than happy to offer any advice to help you on your journey!
Thank you, Splinters, I'll keep your offer in mind. :)

Rebis.
These users thanked the author Rebis for the post:
short3gears

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:22 pm

UrsusSapiens wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:59 am
Once again on bluelight.org, a thread on A. pantherina in mammals:
https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/st ... ls.400780/

looks interesting ;)
Thanks for the link, Ursus.
That does sound a bit worrying though, the memory problems for a while post use, as mentioned in the first post in the link.

Rebis.

Wolf_Metal_Roots

Post by Wolf_Metal_Roots » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:14 pm

Rebis wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:57 am
I have competition from others where I collect my Amanita Muscaria. I see the evidence of discarded stipes.
This is a problem for me, for it leaves very few for me to gather.

But, the area has an abundance of Amanita Pantherinas , also known as Panther Caps, which are left alone and not picked by the competition.
I've read they have the same chemistry as the Muscarias.
Has anyone tried these Pantherinas?

Rebis.
I would definitely make sure they were not death caps, they sometimes can look very similar to the amanita phalloides! I have seen striking specimens that absolutely could fool the best.
These users thanked the author Wolf_Metal_Roots for the post:
Rebis

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Wolf_Metal_Roots wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:14 pm
Rebis wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:57 am
I have competition from others where I collect my Amanita Muscaria. I see the evidence of discarded stipes.
This is a problem for me, for it leaves very few for me to gather.

But, the area has an abundance of Amanita Pantherinas , also known as Panther Caps, which are left alone and not picked by the competition.
I've read they have the same chemistry as the Muscarias.
Has anyone tried these Pantherinas?

Rebis.
I would definitely make sure they were not death caps, they sometimes can look very similar to the Amanita phalloides! I have seen striking specimens that absolutely could fool the best.
Thanks for the warning, Wolf-Metal-Roots.
These Amanitas were brown with white remnants of the volva. If not Pantherinas, then they could have been Amanita regalis, or Amanita rubescens; the last one being edible.
I don't think Phalloides aka 'Death Cap' have white remnants of a volva on their caps, do they?

Best,
Rebis. :)

short3gears

Post by short3gears » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:54 pm

Rainy Saturday here in NC USA. I'm feeling kinda blue. Was hoping for a small 'experience' in prep for microdosing going forward...

So my story so far:
30g dried Pantherina arrived earlier in the week - from Ukraine according to ebay vendor.
Nibbled less than 1/2g right when I opened the package. nothing happened.

Test night one: I tried 1/2g chewed/swallowed at about 5:30pm. ate another 1/2g at 7pm. Not much to report. Slept 2 hours (8pm to 10pm). Slept poorly remainder of night.

Test night two: Made 'tea' with 4g pantherina. Lemon juice for a minute, then simmered in water for 20 minutes. Made 8 Oz of tea. drank 2 Oz and went to bed. a 30 second visual with eyes closed - i watched a plant sprout and grow -it was unusual and I thought the fun would start - but that was it. slept very well remainder of night.

Next morning 8am test 3: drank 2 Oz (if the tea extracts all, it would have been 1g pantherina). Nada. 2 hours later drank another 2 Oz. waited. nothing. 2 hours later finished the liquid and ate the boiled shroom flesh. NADA.

making more tea now and will try again. I suspect i am one of those that this has no effect on. Or, could be the shrooms. I've been told in the past that there is a gene that i may have (no science involved) that I am immune to opioids - they don't seem to have an effect on me (hospital IV and any kind of pills pretty much useless). Amanita isn't an opioid, but i find it very strange i am not affected by either. IDK lol

So 28g amanita muscaria from Oregon should be here next week - fresh and AA quality according to vendor.

Thanks for this site and all the great info!
Last edited by short3gears on Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Short3Gears here!
20 Miles East of Raleigh, NC, USA, Americas, EARTH
mid 50's male :geek: just trying to ride the wave home.
Weight 165 lb / 11.8 Stones / 74.8Kg