Amanita Pantherina, aka, Panther Cap

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Splinters and Shards

Re: Amanita Pantherina, aka, Panther Cap

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:33 pm

Test night one: I tried 0.5 Oz chewed/swallowed at about 5:30pm
@short3gears This was 0.5 grams, correct? I personally would not expect any 'experience' at under 3 grams dry (taken at one time) with caps I harvested and dried myself.

Do you know when the caps you have were harvested? If it was more than a year ago they may have lost a lot of their potency. If you don't know I would ask the seller.

Hope this helps!
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post (total 2):
short3gearsRebis

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:46 pm

@short3gears
I've been told in the past that there is a gene that i may have (no science involved) that I am immune to opioids - they don't seem to have an effect on me (hospital IV and any kind of pills pretty much useless). Amanita isn't an opioid, but i find it very strange i am not affected by either. IDK lol
I've heard this from a redheaded guy i knew who swore many redheads have this resistance, are you by chance red haired as well?

short3gears

Post by short3gears » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:49 pm

mcpato, no, no red hair in the family :)
Splinters and Shards, thank you for pointing out my mistake! yes, 0.5g not Oz. i will go back and edit my post. I have read a few trip reports 4g and the reports were pretty far out there and that cautioned me a bit.

The pantherina could be very old stuff. the seller does sell other stuff still and has good ratings so i won't blame anyone - but i know... it is ebay ;) edit - i just went back and looked at his reviews - mostly amanita.musc and he does sell musc regularly. one poster does say "Seller didn't know what grade they are.I think they are B grade. "

the stuff coming in next week is oregon musc.. fresh (dried) october 2019 hopefully true :)
i think i'll wait and try that before upping the panther dose.
Last edited by short3gears on Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Short3Gears here!
20 Miles East of Raleigh, NC, USA, Americas, EARTH
mid 50's male :geek: just trying to ride the wave home.
Weight 165 lb / 11.8 Stones / 74.8Kg

amanita muscaria

Post by amanita muscaria » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:19 am

please people, give the amanitas at least a year of time. not everything that happens you can feel. when people just use this a dozen times without a noticeable effect, it doesn't mean they didn't have effect. now if you've used them dozens of times throughout a year without a noticeable effect even on the highest dose you climbed to and without any medicinal effect or a psychological or spiritual effect, you can skip. then again, it is hard for me to think nothing would be noticed in that time. use all possible ways, using the tea microdosing, as tincture, try anything, i would find it hard to believe many people wouldn't find a greatly beneficial way to use these mushrooms.
These users thanked the author amanita muscaria for the post (total 2):
short3gearsRebis

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:23 am

@amanita muscaria makes a good point. For me, some effects took time to feel. Those cumulative effects don't seem to change even with old mushrooms. Just because they are not active in the same way as newly harvested mushrooms, I feel they still have amazing properties.

@short3gears, If those mushrooms are old, I suggest doing a simple tincture. I have some dried Amanita Muscaria var. Perscina that I can make some tincture with and document if anybody would like to see how I do it. It is an unconverted tincture and what I use personally. For a converted tincture, check out @Aquavitae's method which is on page one of this thread.

I personally will tincture fresh mushrooms that are washed out, bug eaten, or are impossible to clean (some sandy soils do not clean off well); as well as dried mushrooms that are old or were improperly processed or stored. I've ordered Amanitas online that had little to no effect eaten or in tea but made for good tinctures. Keep in mind this is just my personal experience but that's what I would do. Plus doing a big batch of tincture (or the tea that @amanitadreamer makes) will help even out the variable amounts of constituents in each cap and give a much more reliable dosage for the batch, in my experience.

Hope this helps!
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post (total 3):
amanita muscariashort3gearsRebis

amanita muscaria

Post by amanita muscaria » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:36 am

Splinters and Shards wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:23 am
I have some dried Amanita Muscaria var. Perscina that I can make some tincture with and document if anybody would like to see how I do it. It is an unconverted tincture and what I use personally. For a converted tincture, check out @Aquavitae's method which is on page one of this thread.
i for one would love to see that.
These users thanked the author amanita muscaria for the post:
Mcpato

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:47 am

amanita muscaria wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:36 am
Splinters and Shards wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:23 am
I have some dried Amanita Muscaria var. Perscina that I can make some tincture with and document if anybody would like to see how I do it. It is an unconverted tincture and what I use personally. For a converted tincture, check out @Aquavitae's method which is on page one of this thread.
i for one would love to see that.
Yes, me too. Make a video. :D

Rebis. 8-)

short3gears

Post by short3gears » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:13 pm

short3gears wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:49 pm
mcpato, no, no red hair in the family :)
Splinters and Shards, thank you for pointing out my mistake! yes, 0.5g not Oz. i will go back and edit my post. I have read a few trip reports 4g and the reports were pretty far out there and that cautioned me a bit.

The pantherina could be very old stuff. the seller does sell other stuff still and has good ratings so i won't blame anyone - but i know... it is ebay ;) edit - i just went back and looked at his reviews - mostly amanita.musc and he does sell musc regularly. one poster does say "Seller didn't know what grade they are.I think they are B grade. "

the stuff coming in next week is oregon musc.. fresh (dried) october 2019 hopefully true :)
i think i'll wait and try that before upping the panther dose.

edit 11/24/19 6pm. signing off for the night.

i thought wrong... lol

Wow, interesting!
cat is wagging tail next to me
All is good :D

ok, sorry for no real info at the moment. I did it again and it did work. I will update at a later time. Gently coming down at this time.
Short3Gears here!
20 Miles East of Raleigh, NC, USA, Americas, EARTH
mid 50's male :geek: just trying to ride the wave home.
Weight 165 lb / 11.8 Stones / 74.8Kg