Need your help!

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Lost1976
Been thanked: 0

Need your help!

Post by Lost1976 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:11 pm

I tried making amanita Tea and was unsuccessful.

1. I took 15 grams of amanita muscaira and simmered in water for 20 mins. Stored the tea and tried 1, 2, 3 and four tea spoons. Zero effect on me

2. Took 2 grams of dried amanita powder. Simmered in water for 20 mins. After cooling added 2 tea spoons of DMSO and kept it overnight. Drank all nothing happened.

3. Took 3 grams of dried amanita powder and added Lemon. Wait for 20 mins. Took the mixture and simmered for 20 mins. Drank all of it, nothing, nada.

Can someone help me if Iam doing anything wrong here?

My goal is to micro dose but even at 3 grams I don't see any effect.

Thanks for your time🙏🙏

UrsusSapiens

Re: Need your help!

Post by UrsusSapiens » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:39 pm

Well, you did nothing really wrong....
Method one produced an ibotenic acid tea. The first pass effect in your liver reduced the amount of active reagents in your body so much, that this result was to be expected.
Method two was actually quite promising, IF the batch size had been bigger.
Method three, a bit complicated, but in itself correct. Just suffered from the same problem as method two.

I guess, your mushrooms are not that potent. With a potency variation of up to 500%, you really should make a larger batch, and establish a reference dosage.
There are just 2 way of finding out:
1. Try in small increasing steps. Start small and work round to your "psychoactive" dose. That is your reference dosage for this batch and only for this batch. You will have to determine your reference dosage for every single batch you produce. This method especially applies to the DMSO route, since it could be quite dangerous to boil DMSO solutions down.
2. Filter the extract as good as you can (at least through a coffee filter), then boil the extract down until you get a weighable dry residue. If you weigh this residue, you could get a good estimation, how potent your extraction is, but you need a decent milligram scale. The dry residue is very storable and could be very easily brought into solution again, and this time, you have a better idea about the potency.
These users thanked the author UrsusSapiens for the post (total 2):
Lost1976Rebis
Nature isn't mute - it's man who is deaf.

Lost1976

Post by Lost1976 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:17 pm

UrsusSapiens wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:39 pm
2. Filter the extract as good as you can (at least through a coffee filter), then boil the extract down until you get a weighable dry residue. If you weigh this residue, you could get a good estimation, how potent your extraction is, but you need a decent milligram scale. The dry residue is very storable and could be very easily brought into solution again, and this time, you have a better idea about the potency.
#2 . do I need to do lemon tek before boiling the Amanita Powder to a weighable dry residue or just boil the powder in water with NO lemon.
Also, how much time do I simmer before I extract through coffee filter, 20 mins or more?

Thanks for your time.

Lost1976

Post by Lost1976 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:12 pm

I saw your other thread. Thanks much🙏