Need Information and Help!

Feel free to discuss what you want.
hoonieboy
Been thanked: 0

Need Information and Help!

Post by hoonieboy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 am

Hey all,

I am new to the microdosing and psychoactive/psychedelic approach to helping with my anxiety and depression. I have tried and looked for multiple solutions but nothing has seemed to work except for CBD.

I am looking for another option and I have been suggested microdosing Amanita Muscaria. I have watched Amanita Dreamers videos and would love to experience this for myself and see if it works for me.

I have purchased 14 grams of dried Amanita which is arriving today but I need some help with the best solution and exactly how I should microdose this. Should I make a tea out of it, and if so how would I go about that?... or should I make capsules containing 0.3mg of Amanita. Is there anything I should know before doing this? I would like to have some knowledge and understanding of what I'm doing before I start medicating with Amanita.

I appreciate any comments helping me get a better understanding of this, thanks :)

amanitadreamer

Re: Need Information and Help!

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:57 pm

hoonieboy wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 am
Hey all,

I am new to the microdosing and psychoactive/psychedelic approach to helping with my anxiety and depression. I have tried and looked for multiple solutions but nothing has seemed to work except for CBD.

I am looking for another option and I have been suggested microdosing Amanita Muscaria. I have watched Amanita Dreamers videos and would love to experience this for myself and see if it works for me.

I have purchased 14 grams of dried Amanita which is arriving today but I need some help with the best solution and exactly how I should microdose this. Should I make a tea out of it, and if so how would I go about that?... or should I make capsules containing 0.3mg of Amanita. Is there anything I should know before doing this? I would like to have some knowledge and understanding of what I'm doing before I start medicating with Amanita.

I appreciate any comments helping me get a better understanding of this, thanks :)
The very first video on my channel is a how to make video in case you wanted to use that.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 2):
Rebishoonieboy
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:18 am

Hi! I suggest watching Amanita Dreamer's video on microdosing because it is a good one, but my favorite way to microdose is with a tincture. I find it much more effective than CBD, which was one of the few things that helped with my own pain, anxiety, depression, and fatigue. The tincture also helps when I am beginning to feel sick, for infected cuts or burns, bruises, chillblains, fungal and yeast (technically a fungus) infection, localized pain, and many other things.

I take a jar and fill it about 3/4 the way with dried mushrooms (or however high you can if the jar is too big). I then add 40% ethanol (80 proof unflavored and clear vodka is my personal favorite) until the mushrooms are completely covered. I let this sit at least overnight before using. The tincture will gain in strength for a week or so. I usually keep the mushrooms in the jar for a month, while using it daily. After a month, I transfer the contents of the jar to a French press and pour the tincture into amber glass bottles. I've also used a cheesecloth for this, but the French press is easier and there's less cleanup. If using fresh mushrooms, I let the tincture sit for a month in a cool, dark place before using it.

I usually save the mushrooms by drying them in my dehydrator. Once cracker dry, they can be eaten or even added to foods. Their effects will be either greatly diminished or nearly gone and they make a good seasoning for soups and stews.

I take the tincture 3 drops at a time, one to four times a day. When I started, I did one drop every hour until I felt the effects I wanted. For me, it is to manage pain, anxiety, excessive hunger, fatigue, muscle spasms, and to give me energy. I usually take about 12 drops a day, but that can change if a new batch is stronger or weaker. Most days it's less, but some days I need more and just take a drop every hour until I feel better. A bigger dose may be required in the beginning if your symptoms are bad, but I've noticed that as my symptoms come under control I end up needing less and less.

If you have never taken a psychoactive substance like THC, keep in mind that at higher doses you may experience some strange effects. Giddiness, feeling superhuman or invincible, an inability to concentrate, everything feeling more vivid or awesome than normal, and feeling almost jittery like having too much coffee are all normal things I have experienced with a slightly higher than microdose level dose. If you experience any of these and don't like it, know that they will pass and stay calm. I wouldn't drive or operate machinery until I know what my threshold level is. It takes me about three days to figure out my threshold when starting up a microdosing regimen.

If I ever accidentally take too much at once, I drink a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of vinegar. This helps me with the unpleasant symptoms of a very high dose and is something I learned from reading One Thousand North American Fungi. It works for me, though I have no scientific evidence to back it up aside my own anecdotal experience.

Since constituents can vary from mushroom to mushroom, I like making as big a batch as I can so they all average out. I've also noticed that the tincture is much more stable over time than just the dried mushrooms. Mushrooms over a year or two old tend to have very little effect, though they do make a tastier seasoning.

I hope this helps!
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post (total 3):
RebisAquavitaeIsan

hoonieboy

Post by hoonieboy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:48 am

The very first video on my channel is a how to make video in case you wanted to use that.
[/quote]

I have checked out your first video but I do not know what to do with the substance once the video finishes. Do I mix it with a tea and drink it?
Thanks for the reply :)

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:50 am

Splinters and Shards wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:18 am
Hi! I suggest watching Amanita Dreamer's video on microdosing because it is a good one, but my favorite way to microdose is with a tincture. I find it much more effective than CBD, which was one of the few things that helped with my own pain, anxiety, depression, and fatigue. The tincture also helps when I am beginning to feel sick, for infected cuts or burns, bruises, chillblains, fungal and yeast (technically a fungus) infection, localized pain, and many other things.

I take a jar and fill it about 3/4 the way with dried mushrooms (or however high you can if the jar is too big). I then add 40% ethanol (80 proof unflavored and clear vodka is my personal favorite) until the mushrooms are completely covered. I let this sit at least overnight before using. The tincture will gain in strength for a week or so. I usually keep the mushrooms in the jar for a month, while using it daily. After a month, I transfer the contents of the jar to a French press and pour the tincture into amber glass bottles. I've also used a cheesecloth for this, but the French press is easier and there's less cleanup. If using fresh mushrooms, I let the tincture sit for a month in a cool, dark place before using it.

I usually save the mushrooms by drying them in my dehydrator. Once cracker dry, they can be eaten or even added to foods. Their effects will be either greatly diminished or nearly gone and they make a good seasoning for soups and stews.

I take the tincture 3 drops at a time, one to four times a day. When I started, I did one drop every hour until I felt the effects I wanted. For me, it is to manage pain, anxiety, excessive hunger, fatigue, muscle spasms, and to give me energy. I usually take about 12 drops a day, but that can change if a new batch is stronger or weaker. Most days it's less, but some days I need more and just take a drop every hour until I feel better. A bigger dose may be required in the beginning if your symptoms are bad, but I've noticed that as my symptoms come under control I end up needing less and less.

If you have never taken a psychoactive substance like THC, keep in mind that at higher doses you may experience some strange effects. Giddiness, feeling superhuman or invincible, an inability to concentrate, everything feeling more vivid or awesome than normal, and feeling almost jittery like having too much coffee are all normal things I have experienced with a slightly higher than microdose level dose. If you experience any of these and don't like it, know that they will pass and stay calm. I wouldn't drive or operate machinery until I know what my threshold level is. It takes me about three days to figure out my threshold when starting up a microdosing regimen.

If I ever accidentally take too much at once, I drink a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of vinegar. This helps me with the unpleasant symptoms of a very high dose and is something I learned from reading One Thousand North American Fungi. It works for me, though I have no scientific evidence to back it up aside my own anecdotal experience.

Since constituents can vary from mushroom to mushroom, I like making as big a batch as I can so they all average out. I've also noticed that the tincture is much more stable over time than just the dried mushrooms. Mushrooms over a year or two old tend to have very little effect, though they do make a tastier seasoning.

I hope this helps!
What is CBD, Splinter?
Do you think gin would work too?
If you leave the mushrooms in the jar while using it, then won't it be more difficult to judge how much you need because the tincture will be stronger than the day before?
Do you take the drops directly in your mouth or on your tongue, or in a drink?

Best.
Rebis. :)

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:26 pm

@Rebis CBD is cannabidiol, one of the many cannabinoids found in Cannabis Sativa var. Sativa, Indica, and Ruderalis. It has a modulating effect on the human cannabinoid system and helps by stimulating that system (which is sometimes called the rest, digest, and repair system). It can also boost mood by causing the body to produce the bliss chemical anandamide (also found in chocolate). It is considered non-psychoactive and has a whole plethora of benefits. New studies and reports come out all the time and new benefits are always being added to the list. Definitely one to check out if it is legal where you are.

I have used gin and it's fine. I just avoid anything that has been sweetened or had extracts added as they lower the effectiveness of the solvent for making tinctures. Using the tincture as it is sitting does mean that over the course of the first week, the tincture will get stronger. I find that if I start with one drop and slowly increase, my tolerance build-up roughly matches the increasing potency of the tincture.

Keep in mind that if I wanted the full muscimol effect I would have to heat up the tincture (to allow the further conversion of ibotenic acid into muscimol). Adding it to boiling water with some honey makes a tea I enjoy (plus boiling removes the alcohol so I don't end up with a tipsy tea in high doses). I also take the tincture under the tongue, on the tongue, in the mouth, and mixed into food or drink. For me, holding under the tongue for about a minute brings pain/anxiety relief (in low doses and psychoactive effects in high doses) faster than the other methods. I also use it externally for bruises, pulled muscles, and overextended joints.

This is all based on my own self-experiments, so your mileage may vary. Hope this helps!
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post:
Rebis

Imagine Medicine
Has thanked: 0

Post by Imagine Medicine » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Between S &S and dreamer you have some really expert and well practiced medicine modalities.
Strength of any particular batch is always a variable. Having background in psychodelics
makes it easier to ride out an occasional miscalculation on dosage for me.
I’m currently able to significantly reduce my micro dose and ride on continuing positive effects. Experimenting with more sporadic dosing and journaling the effects.
We all seem a bit different in our responses to this. Sending blessings.
These users thanked the author Imagine Medicine for the post (total 2):
RebisSplinters and Shards

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:01 pm

@Splinters and Shards
In general cannabis is still illegal in Britain, but for personal use one is hardly ever prosecuted these days. Don’t know if it the same for cannabidol.
Concerning Amanita Muscaria, I've just read (on the internet somewhere, so don't know how true it is), that even possession of AMs is illegal in Britain. I presume that is for personal use, regardless. That's a bit worrying for me; being on this forum and such.

Thanks for the rest of the information. That was helpful.

Rebis :)
These users thanked the author Rebis for the post:
Splinters and Shards

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:04 pm

Imagine Medicine wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:15 pm
Between S &S and dreamer you have some really expert and well practiced medicine modalities.
I'm taking notes, as I go along.

Rebis.
Last edited by Rebis on Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

cookie
Has thanked: 0

Post by cookie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:07 am

Hi
I'm new to the site & to Amanita. I want to make a micro-dosage tea but can't find out how to make it for a single dose. I have never tried it before so I want to start with a low dose. I am male about 260lbs & about 5ft 9in.
I would really appreciate any help & directions on what to do.

Thank you