A.Muscaria Guessowii, Muscimol levels.

Feel free to discuss what you want.
NEnglandmushrooms
Has thanked: 0

A.Muscaria Guessowii, Muscimol levels.

Post by NEnglandmushrooms » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:23 pm

Hello all, thank you for having me. This is a great community I've found, I am really excited to have a good discussion with people as intrested in the a. muscaia as I am. My current concern is to inquire any research done on the Guessowii variety of the A.Muscaria, especifically when it comes to the levels of Muscimol & Ibotenic acid found in these mushrooms. I have consumed 3 small caps back in september oven dried at 175 degrees F. Not noticing any effects. And yesterday 11/17/2019, I consumed 2 medium sized caps, (air dried on room temp for about 2 weeks) and had little to no effect... is there any research as to the levels of muscimol found on the Guessowii variety? I am in CT/MASS border in New England so it's really the only one availible (I think). I have only found this yellow/light orange version... I am wondering if anyone can point me to the right direction, mean while I shall be navigating this lovely forum. Thanks for your time gals and guys. Feel free to find me at mushrooms of new england in youtube, Have a blessed week!
These users thanked the author NEnglandmushrooms for the post:
Splinters and Shards

Splinters and Shards

Re: A.Muscaria Guessowii, Muscimol levels.

Post by Splinters and Shards » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:13 pm

Hello! While I do not have any information on the constituent levels of that subspecies (keep in mind that constituents are often quite varied from year to year and mushroom to mushroom even within a single genetic group), I do have experience with using them.

Depending on your baseline level of health and any other substances or pharmaceutical medications you might be taking, your dose for certain benefits (not vendors) and effects can vary greatly. Have you weighed the caps you consumed?

I've also noticed that the most profound experiences I had came not from high doses but from taking moderate doses for longer periods. Also, how you consumed the caps will change the onset, duration, and overall effect of the mushrooms.

I'm excited to hear what you have to say, as I don't get to work with your local variety as much as I would like to! So glad to have you on the forum!
Last edited by Splinters and Shards on Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NEnglandmushrooms

Post by NEnglandmushrooms » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Hello, thank you for your time, I am really curious to see what people have to say about the GuessowiiI variety. I have not weighed them, and I dont buy them, I found them under pine trees, I love to hike and forage for wild edibles, but one batch on summer in CT and another on this fall in MASS. Since I have tried both oven drying and air drying two different batches then My next step I guess is to pulverize this batch and simmer it in the pan on low heat and drink the tea. I dont take any meds, I'm 28. And every time I took them I just threw it in my mouth and ate it, without anything I just chewed it and consumed it. The longest I went taking this Guessowii variety was 1 week. I started yesterday again and I will go for as long as I have caps, I'll let you know how its going.
These users thanked the author NEnglandmushrooms for the post:
Splinters and Shards

NEnglandmushrooms

Post by NEnglandmushrooms » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:51 pm

By the way, here are some pics if you're curious.

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:46 pm

If you can, try to weigh your mushrooms out. I also like to chop up my batches and mix thenm up before weighing doses so that the levels are more constant. I've noticed that fall fruitings are generally (not always) much less potent than spring fruitings (which for me are harder to find anyway).

For me, a good dose for minor psychoactive effects is about 5 grams dried. Depending on the size of the caps, this can be part of one big cap or several smaller ones. I don't go over 14 grams (about half an ounce) as that is usually my memory threshold and I don't remember anything that happens once the effects start. Again, this is my experience and not a guide to follow.

I hope this helps!
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post:
Rebis

NEnglandmushrooms

Post by NEnglandmushrooms » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:26 pm

Thanks.