Amanita growing season

Feel free to discuss what you want.
DannyD.

Amanita growing season

Post by DannyD. » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Hey Fellow Explorers

Trust this finds you well.
Can anyone share knowledge of growing seasons for fruit in Northern hemisphere but please share your thoughts else where if it helps anyone out there.

UK based I found fruiting esp good in October. Obviously Autumn is key... but main query is will frosts cease fruit from continuing or is it possible to see further pickings during Nov & later?

Positive vibrations :D
These users thanked the author DannyD. for the post:
Rebis

Aquavitae

Re: Amanita growing season

Post by Aquavitae » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:59 pm

I´ve found AM from october to february (north of Spain and Portugal)
These users thanked the author Aquavitae for the post:
Rebis

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:36 pm

DannyD. wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:44 pm
Hey Fellow Explorers

Can anyone share knowledge of growing seasons for fruit in Northern hemisphere but please share your thoughts else where if it helps anyone out there.

UK based I found fruiting esp good in October. Obviously Autumn is key... but main query is will frosts cease fruit from continuing or is it possible to see further pickings during Nov & later?

I was wondering that too, DannyD.
I started looking mid October, and found evidence that there had been a lot of growth because of the discarded stipes I found – I have competition you see.

There is a Brit on YouTube, going by the name of ‘The Original Awakened Brave’, he’s a bit strange, but some of his videos on Amanita Muscaria appear to be made in late August or September, going by how green the leave on the surrounding trees still are.

I hope what Aquavitae says about still finding them up to February also applies to Britain, for I need to find a lot more than I have done already.
I do feel though that I have left it a little bit late this year. Last Saturday I went foraging again, and only found six small ones this time.
Next year I’ll start looking from August I think.

Best.
Rebis. :)

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:30 am

DannyD. wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:44 pm
Hey Fellow Explorers

So it goes by your latitude. The more southerly you are, the later your fruiting season. They need such a narrow temperature range. So they start earlier in the northern latitudes, like in late Sept in the Scandinavian countries but the season is over early too as the freeze sets in. And it just moves its way south. So the southerly countries like Spain won't start their season until late Oct or early Nov and depending on the weather can go until Dec or so, depending.
Make sense?
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 2):
Amanita ResearchRebis
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer