My First Time. Help!

Feel free to discuss what you want.
MessyEssie

My First Time. Help!

Post by MessyEssie » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:39 pm

This is my very, very first time harvesting and processing Amanita. I found quite a few growing near my house. I've been watching these for years. This season I decided to pick. So please keep in mind I'm new to this and try to be easy on me.... So after picking these I brought them home to process and they were all filthy. So, Here it goes... I rinsed them. After doing so I realized that maybe this wasn't the wisest thing to do. How is this going to affect my ending result? Any help is appreciated ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ˜”
These users thanked the author MessyEssie for the post:
T36
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ„โ˜บ๏ธ

T36

Re: My First Time. Help!

Post by T36 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Did you touch the gills??? If not then its ok)))
Just dry em correctly now :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author T36 for the post:
MessyEssie

Amanita_Muscaria_

Post by Amanita_Muscaria_ » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:17 pm

Just dont dry them in the oven...use dehydrator or dehumidifier
These users thanked the author Amanita_Muscaria_ for the post (total 2):
T36MessyEssie

MessyEssie

Post by MessyEssie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:45 am

I do not touch the gills, So I guess that means I'm going to be ok :) I dehydrated to a cracker crisp in my Nesco. Worked great! I think I got a little buzz while processing them. I felt quite good when I was done handling them, Very euphoric and stress free. I think it might have been from me having to snap some of them in half to fit in my jars. This ever happened to anyone or am I just dreaming? Thank you guys for the response โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ„
These users thanked the author MessyEssie for the post:
T36
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ„โ˜บ๏ธ

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:39 pm

MessyEssie wrote: โ†‘
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:45 am
I think I got a little buzz while processing them. I felt quite good when I was done handling them, Very euphoric and stress free. I think it might have been from me having to snap some of them in half to fit in my jars. This ever happened to anyone or am I just dreaming? Thank you guys for the response โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ„
That was exactly my first experience when handling Amanitas! If I find any on a hike, I'll hold it the palm of my hand as it gives me clean, calm energy and huge mood boost. If I have an Amanita stem in my hand, I feel like I can hike forever and the forest seems to really come alive!

When I first started out (and had bad anxiety) I would wear a dried Amanita button (they dry tough and don't break as easily as fully expanded caps) like a pendant. When I would feel an anxiety attack coming on or just feel scared or lethargic, I would slip the mushroom under my shirt so it rests against my skin. Relief would come in just a few minutes and my panic attacks would be cut short.

The mushroom lasted for about a month before I had to replace it. They are also very pretty and great conversation starter! :D

Hope this helps! May the mushroom be with you!
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post (total 2):
MessyEssieasunnyday

MessyEssie

Post by MessyEssie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:57 pm

Wow! That reply was a totally enlightening experience, Thank you! I will have to try that when I hike and find some, Sounds like a dream๐Ÿ’™ I will also try the necklace idea as well. I am very new to this all and am so excited to start this new chapter in my life with Amanita by my side. Thank you again for all the valuable information it is very much appreciated ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ„
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ„โ˜บ๏ธ