Posts deleted ? Topic closed ? What happened ?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Marv

Posts deleted ? Topic closed ? What happened ?

Post by Marv » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:50 pm

Please, can the moderators explain in this topic what happened with the topic "Ibotenic acid conversion basics" ?

Why some relatively interesting posts from various members have been deleted ? Why the topic itself have been closed ?

For the internal health of this community I think it would be a good thing to put back the posts that have been deleted so everyone can have access to them and make their own opinion on what have been said.

Since the posts that have been deleted included one of mines I am asking here for a clear explanation. Hey people ! What happened ?

Peace and freedom to all of you.
These users thanked the author Marv for the post (total 3):
DonnT36Aquavitae

Amanita Research
Site Admin

Re: Posts deleted ? Topic closed ? What happened ?

Post by Amanita Research » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:05 am

Hey Marv, let me look into this. I've not been around the last few days. I wasn't aware of any topics being deleted. May I ask what sort of topics?

Edit: Never mind, I see them. Let me find out what's going on.

Marv

Post by Marv » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:08 am

Hey !
The original post and a few other posts from different members have been deleted from the topic "ibotenic acid conversion basics" started by amanitadreamer and the topic itself has been closed.

From what I understand a member of the community (maybe more ?) have felt himself attacked by one (maybe more ?) of my posts. That was not the purpose of my participation, I just wanted to express my thoughts and feelings on what had been said.

I can't control peoples susceptibility but I can avoid participating in this forum if people feel bad about the way I think and/or talk. I rarely play the game of confrontation and prefer doing "my things" away from social tensions. Again if my presence generate tensions I will react for the well being of the whole community and accordingly to the great respect I have for the work that is being made here. This community basically does not need me and I prefer to see it working great without my presence than to put my ideas where I don't have to ;)

Please can the persons who feel concerned express their feelings so that unhealthy energies won't stay blocked, for the best of all participants. If that problem can't be solved with open discussion be sure that I would leave without any regrets.

Amanita Research
Site Admin

Post by Amanita Research » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:48 am

Yes, I've always enjoyed your many post on this forum, thanks.

I'm not sure exactly what's happened but I'm just looking into it. I'll get all this straightened out as quickly as possible.

And also, yes, 100%, this forum is for free and open discussion, that's literally why I made it.
These users thanked the author Amanita Research for the post:
Aquavitae

Marv

Post by Marv » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:42 pm

@amanitadreamer

For the respect of the people how have spent time and energy for posting in this forum can you please explain what happened ?!? Why so many posts have been deleted? And why the topic has been closed?
Please don't ignore this message. If you are responsible for what happened then assume it and explain why you did this.

I personaly think that having a closed minded impulsive moderator for administering a public forum is not the best. To me modern science is a great way to understand things but If someone arbitrary wants to impose his belief to others instead of just sharing it then we have an obstacle in our research. I call this dictatorship.

I am pretty sure that we all have a kind of sensitivity that is necessary in order to understand each others, lets use it and talk together instead of teaching to the fool what is right or wrong, lets propose ideas instead of imposing them...
Come on, that is not so hard to listen to what others say even if it looks different from what one says. Be kind, accept the difference and you will realize that we are all one. Where do the atoms that compose your body come from ?? Don't we share the exact same matter and energy ? So why being so hard with others? The only thing that we have learnt from what happened is that you are hard with yourself. That is not a problem because we all have our reasons to be how we are and to act how we do. I just invite you to express yourself so we can continue to participate in honesty.
These users thanked the author Marv for the post:
T36