Amanita Vodka Help!

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Fliegenpilzjunge

Re: Amanita Vodka Help!

Post by Fliegenpilzjunge » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 pm

Amanita cider LOL, if that's what you're going for.

Anyhow i just removed the bottle from the heater, since it's at most 50 degrees celcius on there and now have come to the conclusion that i will do the following:
First strain out the mushrooms with cheese cloth and coffee filter, then put 10ml of this vodka in simmering, destilled water for 20min along with lemon juice.
Then drink half of the tea, wait an hour and see where this takes me :D

Und übrigens UrsusSapiens, bei dir hat sich ein bissl' Deutsch eingeschlichen ;)

UrsusSapiens

Post by UrsusSapiens » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:13 pm

Mcpato wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:01 pm
Would apple cider vinegar work in place of lemon juice?
Well I haven't tried it yet, but I guess: Yes, it would. It' an organic acid, it's food save, it does not produce insoluble salts (usually)... so probably yes. Just keep your pH below 4, and you should be good to go.

Fliegenpilzjunge wrote:
Und übrigens UrsusSapiens, bei dir hat sich ein bissl' Deutsch eingeschlichen
Nix da "eingeschlichen".... Dat gehört so.... In Deutschland ist Everclear eben schlecht zu bekommen. Wir Deutschen haben da aber Ersatz :D deswegen auch mein Hinweis. Aber Heil Dir, Landsmann!
These users thanked the author UrsusSapiens for the post:
Mcpato
Nature isn't mute - it's man who is deaf.

Fliegenpilzjunge

Post by Fliegenpilzjunge » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Nix da Landsmann
Stolzer Eidgenosse :mrgreen:

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:51 pm

There's a lot to unpack on this post so I'll just write..

It's always a good idea to have a plan fully fleshed out before starting a path with amanita. At this point you have many chemicals and ideas going at once. So firstly let me say that raw amanita put in alcohol won't do any conversion of ibotenic acid. There are no fat soluable contents to pull out with alcohol so the only reason for alcohol is long term storage. While they sit they leech out ibotenic acid so now you've got mushrooms with ibo and a fluid solution with ibo.
Most of what Ursus says is correct but he's wrong about needing a dry environment for conversion. It is the opposite. Chemical reactions need a fluid medium. You were correct to assume the heat from your heater isn't doing any conversion. It's not hot enough.
Ibo conversion happens in an acidic environment below 3.5 pH so lemon or vinegar would work.

The solution you have created is going to be very packed with ibotenic acid. My advice is to convert it as you use it or convert it in very small batches. You can use a small bottle to store the converted liquid. You can freeze the stored liquid. You don't need to worry about room temp storage unless you don't have access to a freezer.

Personally I would keep it simple. Pour out some from your bottle into a small pan, add some water and simmer it. Someone said you would degrade ibo and musc by boiling, this is not true. Ibotenic acid's melting point is 150C far above the 100C that water boils at. Muscimol's melting point is 185 C even higher than ibo. Never worry about simmering or boiling these actives.
Since your vodka is going to boil off, just add some water to your pan and simmer it. I would go with 1/3 cup of your vodka solution and 2/3 cups of water to bring you to a full cup. Simmer it for 20 minutes or so. Then put it in 4 parts in 4 separate containers and freeze 3 and use one. When you're ready to use it add an acid. Just squeeze some lemon juice it in. You don't need to measure or be exact. And acid conversion needs no heat as long as you have it in a liquid. I squeeze lemon give it a shake for a minute and use it.
I can't begin to guess on the conversion but low pH can do a good job of decarb.
Sorry about the non-metric use of cups. I'm in a hurry just wanted to come help out. I got your comment on one of my videos.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 3):
FliegenpilzjungeNMNAT2absinthium
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Fliegenpilzjunge

Post by Fliegenpilzjunge » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:02 pm

Many many thanks!!!
that explains all the loose ends this thread had :D
These users thanked the author Fliegenpilzjunge for the post:
amanitadreamer