First timer, Help!

Feel free to discuss what you want.
MessyEssie

First timer, Help!

Post by MessyEssie » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:34 pm

Anyone have any pointers for a brand spanking new Amanita user? I have dried my Amanitas and they are sitting patiently in my pantry, Now what?
P.S. I do want to start small and slow, That I know for sure.
💜🍄☺️

T36

Re: First timer, Help!

Post by T36 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:34 pm

Make a lemon tea with 3 grams) should be a small enough dose to start and feel its effects...
Later on you will have to figure out your own dosages because its very personal and inconsistent!
Good luck :D
These users thanked the author T36 for the post:
MessyEssie

Donn

Post by Donn » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:13 pm

I bet it won't take 3 grams dry weight to feel an effect. If you can weigh things down to approximately a gram, you might weigh out 3 grams - and then pick out a quarter of that amount, or so. I'm new to this, myself, but that's a small but noticeable dose for me, just chewed up and swallowed (I'm around 160 lbs.) Of course "dry" is relative, but if you have them real dry they're light as a feather - and hard to weigh precisely on an ordinary kitchen scale, if you're lucky enough to have even that. (Note that you can't very well weigh 1 gram on a scale that reports weights in 1 gram increments - you can weigh out some amount and call it a "gram", but that amount will vary by a factor of two even in the ideal case.)
These users thanked the author Donn for the post:
MessyEssie

MessyEssie

Post by MessyEssie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:10 am

Thanks a bunch for the helpful info. I am going to start my first micro this weekend. Wish me luck!
These users thanked the author MessyEssie for the post:
Global_Ghost
💜🍄☺️

Donn

Post by Donn » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:34 pm

Good luck, let us know how it goes. I see there haven't been as many replies as I expected, so ... it seems to me from what I've been reading here, that T36's lemon tea recipe is a lot more like the common approach, and my method of simply chewing them up could be a little eccentric. (It works for me, and in my defense anyone who eats poisonous mushrooms for a treat has to be a little eccentric anyway!)

The acidity in the lemon has a fairly well understood role in the chemistry, and the active ingredients are water soluble, so there's no mystery why the tea will work. On the other hand, if you don't like the idea, your stomach acid is there to do some of that.
These users thanked the author Donn for the post:
MessyEssie