The Purpose of Converting Ibotenic Acid Is ...?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Rebis

Re: The Purpose of Converting Ibotenic Acid Is ...?

Post by Rebis » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:13 am

UrsusSapiens wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:34 am
Rebis wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Does that mean then, that the Ibotenic acid is good for pain relief, while the Muscimol is more for the mental effects?
At least I use it that way.... Ibotenic acid for pain relief, Muscimole for psychedelic.... though I haven't figured out yet, what the Muscazone is good for... (You get muscazone instead of muscimole, if you hit your ibotenic acid with UV lights....).
Thanks Ursus. That is just the sort of information I'm looking for. :)

Best.
Rebis.
These users thanked the author Rebis for the post:
UrsusSapiens

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:05 pm

T36 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:50 pm
Muscimole is also 10 times more active/stronger/psychoactive than ibotenic acid...
I think muscarine is mostly responsible for the naunsea stomach upset...
And this:
I would like to know your source for this text. Pls inthe future when you cite something, provide the source. I can tell you that it is full of bad science and wrong information and I can tell it isn't actually a scientific study. But it would help to know the source.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:07 pm

Rebis wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:48 am
Is the purpose of converting Ibotenic acid to muscimol purely so one doesn't get naunsea and a stomach upset?

Rebis.
The purpose of conversion is to utilize the 2 different drugs available in it. Ibotenic acid has uses and muscimol has uses. Depends on what side of it you want to use. See my video on dosing for if you want the muscimol side of things...
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:10 pm

amanitadreamer wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:05 pm
T36 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:50 pm
Muscimole is also 10 times more active/stronger/psychoactive than ibotenic acid...
I think muscarine is mostly responsible for the naunsea stomach upset...
And this:
I would like to know your source for this text. Pls inthe future when you cite something, provide the source. I can tell you that it is full of bad science and wrong information and I can tell it isn't actually a scientific study. But it would help to know the source.
THERE IS NO HYDRAZINE in amanita muscaria. Drying does not remove anything. Aging is a myth.
The amount of muscarine is so miniscule that mention of it is pointless. This idea of muscarine was debunked in the 1970's. I left links to the studies on my FB page a while back if anyone here wants to know what is actually in amanita muscaria.
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:13 pm

Rebis wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:13 am
UrsusSapiens wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:34 am
Rebis wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Does that mean then, that the Ibotenic acid is good for pain relief, while the Muscimol is more for the mental effects?
At least I use it that way.... Ibotenic acid for pain relief, Muscimole for psychedelic.... though I haven't figured out yet, what the Muscazone is good for... (You get muscazone instead of muscimole, if you hit your ibotenic acid with UV lights....).
Thanks Ursus. That is just the sort of information I'm looking for. :)

Best.
Rebis.
Ibotenic acid will actually cause muscle spasms, it's the muscimol that helps with pain relief. It's basic physiology using the GABA pathways. This is why benzodiazepenes are given for pain relief in addition to pain killers or instead of them. I don't know what continent you are on but only the European amanitas will convert ibo to muscazone. I really want to try that! Are you in Europe either of you??? I want to know more about muscazone.
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

amanita muscaria

Post by amanita muscaria » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:29 pm

Splinters and Shards wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:36 pm
Personally, I don't concern myself with converting ibotenic acid to muscimol. I used to, but now I treat Amanita Muscaria like I would any of the edible Amanitas. I dry and cure them if I plan on eating them raw. I cook them if I plan on eating them fresh. I make tinctures either fresh or dried and then dry out the tinctured mushrooms after extraction.
how do you make your unconverted preparations?