Muscimol vs. Ethanol

Feel free to discuss what you want.
crikeycrikeys

Muscimol vs. Ethanol

Post by crikeycrikeys » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:00 am

After watching a lot of A'D's videos I come to realize that a lot of amanita's symptoms seem to coincide with those of being thoroughly drunk, but not as sleepy. After drinking a lot, the next day if I'm not hungover, I feel the urge to move almost involuntarily, and often have vivid dreams if I'm not totally wasted, and I'm wondering if this is relating to GABA in the same way Muscimol would. I'll soon be able to answer my own question after ordering some dried muscaria online, but I'm wondering of those who've tried it, how similar muscaria intoxication is to being drunk? I used to just feel sleepy after drinking a lot but recently am feeling a weird, irrational energy that seems in line with the lore of the "berserker" mushroom and given their similar physiology am really curious as to how similar they actually are. Thanks.
These users thanked the author crikeycrikeys for the post (total 2):
UrsusSapiensRebis

UrsusSapiens

Re: Muscimol vs. Ethanol

Post by UrsusSapiens » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:19 am

Well, AM was used instead of the more expensive alcohol until the last century. And locally, there are recipes for AM in spirits, in Germany called "Fliegenpilzschnaps". So there is a tradition of inebriation that puts AM close to alcohol.
BUT: At least in MY experience (your mileage may vary ;) ) the two inebriations are different. Totally different.
Especially in different amounts of the acting agent. To me, the most profound difference is my sleep. Alcohol makes my sleep somewhat "dumb" or "dull" (sorry, hard to describe) with none or no "understandable" dreams and I do not really feel rested afterwards, while AM gives me a sound sleep, and even if I do not (immediately) remember my dreams (which is normal for me, when I take AM), I know I have dreamt (intensely!), I feel rested and especially some inner conflict has been resolved. Usually I notice this later on, while I have never ever experienced something like it with alcohol (here, alcohol usually produces more problems :cry: ).
Of course all of this depends on how drunk / inebriated I get from both substances....
So, let's see, what happens with you...
These users thanked the author UrsusSapiens for the post (total 3):
crikeycrikeysRebisFungo
Nature isn't mute - it's man who is deaf.

T36

Post by T36 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:15 pm

Yeah alcohol intoxication is nothing like AM to me its more like amphetamines without all the negative sh*t...
These users thanked the author T36 for the post:
crikeycrikeys

crikeycrikeys

Post by crikeycrikeys » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:33 pm

RE Ursus | Well sleep is the primary reason I drink anyway so I don't get "drunk," usually just stop at the point I get a bit tipsy as I agree a more thorough inebriation usually messes up the quality of sleep and the dehydrating/metabolite effects of alcohol are such that using it in a medicative way is kind of limited by how much hangover you're willing to tolerate... I almost never drink to the point that I feel bad the next morning. Like I was saying though it's almost like my brain changes the experience on a random basis between being a 'downer' and an 'upper' and when its the latter its counterproductive and I cut way back and just get less sleep cause I don't want to feel like jumping around and making noise at 11 pm. Still I often have a lot of really memorable dreams when I drink just the right amount of ethanol...

RE T36 | I kind of have the uneasy feeling that I might react this way to AM so am certainly planning to 'micro dose' starting with next to nothing... I already have a hyped up personality and don't want to literally go berserk and wreck my stuff up or get in trouble with the law etc, part of the reason I don't go out drinking

T36

Post by T36 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:51 pm

The one and only person who i tried to introduce to AM thinking that she will have the clear minded amphetamines effects like me actually got very sleepy and fall asleep! So yeah who knows how you will react to it :?:
I gave her a 4 grams dose of powdered AM mixed with enough water for 1 shot! 4g was my microdose at the time and she was the same height&weight as me...
Nowadays i need 3 grams to feel anything but others on here need as little as 1 gram! So yeah you will have to figure out ur dosages on your own)
These users thanked the author T36 for the post (total 2):
crikeycrikeysFungo