Rhodocollybia maculata a new legal salvia like psychedelic mushroom containing Collybolide K-Opioid agonist

Feel free to discuss what you want.
T36

Rhodocollybia maculata a new legal salvia like psychedelic mushroom containing Collybolide K-Opioid agonist

Post by T36 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:32 am

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2016 ... 3.abstract
https://www.rintrah.nl/collybia-a-new-s ... -the-world

"In recent years, the κ-opioid receptor (κOR) has become an attractive Therapeutic target for the treatment of a number of disorders including depression, visceral pain, and drug addiction. A search for natural products with new scaffolds targeting κOR has been Intensive. Here, we report the Discovery of a Natural Product (Colly) from the Collybia maculata fungus as a new scaffold that contains a furyl-δ-lactone core structure similar to that of Salvinorin A, another natural product isolated from mint Salvia divinorum. We show that Colly functions as a κOR agonist with antinociceptive and antipruritic activity. Interestingly, Colly exhibits biased agonistic activity, suggesting that it could be used as a backbone for the generation of new Therapeutics targeting κOR with reduced side effects."
"Rhodocollybia maculata (Alb. & Schw.:Fr.) Singer, Schweiz. Zeit. Pilzk. 17: 71. 1939.

Agaricus maculatus Alb. & Schw.:Fries, Syst. Mycol. 1: 45. 1821.
Collybia maculata (Alb. & Schw.:Fr.) Kummer, Führ. Pilzk. 117. 1871.

Agaricus carnosus Curt., Fl. London 5: 71. 1777.
Gymnopus carnosus (Curt.) Murrill, N. Amer. Flora 9: 358. 1916.
Pileus 40-95(-175) mm broad, obtusely convex with an inrolled margin when young, expanding to planoconvex, sometimes with a low, broad umbo, margin becoming decurved; surface glabrous, dry or moist, not viscid, not hygrophanous, pinkish buff to cinnamon buff (pinkish buff, cinnamon buff; 5A3, 5B5) when young and fresh, somewhat paler with age and developing rufescent, ferruginous or reddish brown (7C-D8; 9D8,7) spots; context 8-15 mm thick, whitish; odor none or pungent and fungoid, taste bitter. Lamellae adnate to adnexed, close to crowded, thin, moderately broad (4-8 mm), whitish to pale cream or pinkish buff (4, 5A3, 2), frequently spotted with age (as in pileus) along the sides and edges; edges uneven to eroded, minutely pubescent (with a lens) when dried. Stipe 50-100(-120) mm long, 8-13 mm thick, more or less equal, but subradicating and tapering below the substrate level, fibrous; surface dry, tomentose to pruinose, more rarely subvelutinous, becoming glabrous, striate sulculate, sometimes twisted, whitish, typically developing rufescent spots (as in pileus and lamellae) with age; interior becoming hollow.

Spore deposit pinkish buff to light ochraceous buff (pinkish buff; 73. p. OY; 70. 1. OY). Spores 5.6-6.4(-7) x 4.8-5.6 µm, globose to subglobose or broadly ovoid, smooth, often with a dextrinoid and cyanophilous endosporium. Basidia 21-34.8 x 6.8-8.4 µm, clavate, four sterigmate, not siderophilous, rarely scleroid. Lamellar trama parallel to interwoven, inamyloid; hyphae 3.5-10.5 µm in diam, smooth, thin walled, rarely with oleiferous contents. Pleurocystidia absent. Cheilocystidia 32.2-58.6 µm long, sometimes collapsed on lamellar edge and then inconspicuous, clavate to cylindric or somewhat diverticulate to irregularly lobed. Pileus trama interwoven, inamyloid; hyphae (3.5-)5.6-9.8(-14) llm in diam, smooth, thin walled. Pileipellis a distinct layer of tangled, cylindric hyphae, forming a trichodermium when young, becoming interwoven and repent with age; cells 2.8-5(-5.6) µm in diam, smooth, thin walled, occasionally subgelatinous. Stipitipellis a layer of parallel, vertically oriented hyphae; cells 2.8-4.9 µm in diam, smooth, thin walled, sometimes giving rise to cylindric or flexuous caulocystidia, 3.5-6.3 µm in diam. Clamp connections present in all tissues.
Habit, habitat, and distribution: Scattered to gregarious from buried wood in coniferous forests or in mixed woods with conifers (Picea, Pinus, Tsuga). Occurring in the northeast from July and August into October.

Discussion: The typical form of Rhodocollybia maculata is not uncommon in the northeast, especially during the latter part of the collecting season. Reliable field characters are the pallid colors, rufescent spots on the basidiocarp, thick context, bitter taste, and a subradicating stipe. Microscopically, the dextrinoid, globose spores and the interwoven elements of the pileipellis easily separate this species from others in the genus.

Several varieties of R. maculata have been described. Smith and Hesler (1943) and Lennox (1979) have provided descriptions and keys for the North American variants. The major distinguishing features for these varieties are differences in spore size and shape, color of the lamellae, odor, and the presence or absence of a rufescence. In addition to the type variety, I have found only two others in the northeast. They are R. maculata var. scorzonerea(Fr.) Lennox and R. maculata var. occidentalis (A. H. Sm.) Lennox. Variety scorzonerea is characterized by yellow lamellae (the stipe is sometimes yellow also) and ellipsoid spores measuring 5.6-7 x 3.5-4.2 µm, while variety occidentalis lacks the yellow colors but has the same ellipsoid spores 5.6-7 x 3.5-4.2 µm (see Micro Features). Both of these varieties have a bitter taste."
Abstract The sesquiterpenes of Collybia maculata and C. peronata (Basidiomycetes) have been reinvestigated. In addition to collybolide, isocollybolide and deoxycollybolidol, five new structurally related sesquiterpene lactones have been isolated. The structures have been established by spectroscopic methods. Stereochemical assignments required a detailed conformational investigation, which has been carried out at the AM1 level for all compounds, and at the B3LYP level for some of them. This led to the inversion of the previously proposed C-7 configuration of deoxycollybolidol. The absolute configuration of collybolides could tentatively be inferred from CD studies. Five new sesquiterpenes 1 – 5 have been isolated from Collybia maculata . A study of the stereostructures of collybolides of C. maculata and C. peronata by molecular modelling and CD led to the inversion of the C-7 configuration of deoxycollybolidol and to infer tentatively the absolute stereochemistry of collybolides.
These users thanked the author T36 for the post (total 2):
Haslerthevoluntaryway

Mcpato

Re: Rhodocollybia maculata a new legal salvia like psychedelic mushroom containing Collybolide K-Opioid agonist

Post by Mcpato » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:38 am

I feel like we're entering a period of time where many more of fungi's secrets will be revealed to us. I'm fascinated by this discovery! Have you experienced salvia? I have done it several times a while ago but i haven't felt compelled to in a while. Salvia was my very first entheogen! I'm very curious about how it differs from this new mushroom! Thanks for sharing this discovery! Let me know when we find the ibogain mushroom! Lol
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post:
T36

crikeycrikeys

Re: Rhodocollybia maculata a new legal salvia like psychedelic mushroom containing Collybolide K-Opioid agonist

Post by crikeycrikeys » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:37 pm

I would be careful with anything containing opioid related substances, it's the number one addiction that has a bunch of legal gateway drugs but the need to always go higher on the dose and people end up going from poppy seed tea or hydrocodone they were prescribed for a broken arm up to heroin or fentanyl and then either becoming a full time addict or OD'ing and dying. That being said, the amount of new knowledge of fungi is quite impressive... I'm sure there is plenty of responsible use for this especially if the effect is different from regular opiates in some significant way.
These users thanked the author crikeycrikeys for the post:
T36

T36

Post by T36 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:33 pm

@Mcpato nope she got banned in 2009 here and back then i wasn't interested in psychedelics)
But nowadays im obsessed with it! Read alot of trip reports and forum topics... because cuttings are illegal here and seeds are super rare and pretty much impossible to buy the plant rarely produces em(((( this mushroom is my only hope in experiencing a salvia like trips! Or maybe even get salvia by trading its spores for seeds...

How where your trips? Did you see the reality machine or the lady or the lego people? Some people dont see any of that and are thrown directly in to the eternal-void like the one we see on AM!!! Those people usually never take salvia again after that:D

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:56 pm

@T36 this is awesome! I have seen theses little guys and they have been calling to me, but I haven't tried them yet. Fascinating.

Salvia divinorum was the only thing prior to amanitas that helped with my panic attacks and extreme fear. She also gave me the motivation to work without suicidal thoughts. I would smoke 5 grams of crushed leaf in a waterpipe ignited with a torch. It had to be done in one deep breath, two if I couldn't take it in a single lungful. I would spend the next 15 minutes deep in a crazy dissociative trip where my skin and bones felt like they had turned into ants and were crawling away. The actual trip was different every day.

After 15 minutes I would be more or less normal for the rest of the day. If it wasn't for salvia, I would not have been able to function. The trips themselves were never pleasant and always physically felt extremely unpleasant. The taste also would not go away and I never got used to it, even after years of use.

While I used it habitually, I had to force myself to use it. Some days I honestly had to sit three starting at the pipe debating whether I should just deal with the panic attacks and debilitating fear than have another trip. After my first amanita experience, I did not touch Salvia ever again. It was not something I would call addictive.

I am grateful for her, she kept me alive. Amanitas saved my life, but if not for Salvia there may not have been a life to save.
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post:
T36

T36

Post by T36 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:05 am

@Splinters and Shards i see a connection amanita is the key to understunding salvia dimensions and beings! I can actually see and feel them! With my mentality!
It is very confuising to make sense in words...

Pls post about it if you ever experiment with those new mushrooms) every bit of info will be greatly appreciated)

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:01 pm

T36 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:32 am
https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2016 ... 3.abstract
https://www.rintrah.nl/collybia-a-new-s ... -the-world

"In recent years, the κ-opioid receptor (κOR) has become an attractive Therapeutic target for the treatment of a number of disorders including depression, visceral pain, and drug addiction. A search for natural products with new scaffolds targeting κOR has been Intensive. Here, we report the Discovery of a Natural Product (Colly) from the Collybia maculata fungus as a new scaffold that contains a furyl-δ-lactone core structure similar to that of Salvinorin A, another natural product isolated from mint Salvia divinorum. We show that Colly functions as a κOR agonist with antinociceptive and antipruritic activity. Interestingly, Colly exhibits biased agonistic activity, suggesting that it could be used as a backbone for the generation of new Therapeutics targeting κOR with reduced side effects."
"Rhodocollybia maculata (Alb. & Schw.:Fr.) Singer, Schweiz. Zeit. Pilzk. 17: 71. 1939.

Agaricus maculatus Alb. & Schw.:Fries, Syst. Mycol. 1: 45. 1821.
Collybia maculata (Alb. & Schw.:Fr.) Kummer, Führ. Pilzk. 117. 1871.

Agaricus carnosus Curt., Fl. London 5: 71. 1777.
Gymnopus carnosus (Curt.) Murrill, N. Amer. Flora 9: 358. 1916.
Pileus 40-95(-175) mm broad, obtusely convex with an inrolled margin when young, expanding to planoconvex, sometimes with a low, broad umbo, margin becoming decurved; surface glabrous, dry or moist, not viscid, not hygrophanous, pinkish buff to cinnamon buff (pinkish buff, cinnamon buff; 5A3, 5B5) when young and fresh, somewhat paler with age and developing rufescent, ferruginous or reddish brown (7C-D8; 9D8,7) spots; context 8-15 mm thick, whitish; odor none or pungent and fungoid, taste bitter. Lamellae adnate to adnexed, close to crowded, thin, moderately broad (4-8 mm), whitish to pale cream or pinkish buff (4, 5A3, 2), frequently spotted with age (as in pileus) along the sides and edges; edges uneven to eroded, minutely pubescent (with a lens) when dried. Stipe 50-100(-120) mm long, 8-13 mm thick, more or less equal, but subradicating and tapering below the substrate level, fibrous; surface dry, tomentose to pruinose, more rarely subvelutinous, becoming glabrous, striate sulculate, sometimes twisted, whitish, typically developing rufescent spots (as in pileus and lamellae) with age; interior becoming hollow.

Spore deposit pinkish buff to light ochraceous buff (pinkish buff; 73. p. OY; 70. 1. OY). Spores 5.6-6.4(-7) x 4.8-5.6 µm, globose to subglobose or broadly ovoid, smooth, often with a dextrinoid and cyanophilous endosporium. Basidia 21-34.8 x 6.8-8.4 µm, clavate, four sterigmate, not siderophilous, rarely scleroid. Lamellar trama parallel to interwoven, inamyloid; hyphae 3.5-10.5 µm in diam, smooth, thin walled, rarely with oleiferous contents. Pleurocystidia absent. Cheilocystidia 32.2-58.6 µm long, sometimes collapsed on lamellar edge and then inconspicuous, clavate to cylindric or somewhat diverticulate to irregularly lobed. Pileus trama interwoven, inamyloid; hyphae (3.5-)5.6-9.8(-14) llm in diam, smooth, thin walled. Pileipellis a distinct layer of tangled, cylindric hyphae, forming a trichodermium when young, becoming interwoven and repent with age; cells 2.8-5(-5.6) µm in diam, smooth, thin walled, occasionally subgelatinous. Stipitipellis a layer of parallel, vertically oriented hyphae; cells 2.8-4.9 µm in diam, smooth, thin walled, sometimes giving rise to cylindric or flexuous caulocystidia, 3.5-6.3 µm in diam. Clamp connections present in all tissues.
Habit, habitat, and distribution: Scattered to gregarious from buried wood in coniferous forests or in mixed woods with conifers (Picea, Pinus, Tsuga). Occurring in the northeast from July and August into October.

Discussion: The typical form of Rhodocollybia maculata is not uncommon in the northeast, especially during the latter part of the collecting season. Reliable field characters are the pallid colors, rufescent spots on the basidiocarp, thick context, bitter taste, and a subradicating stipe. Microscopically, the dextrinoid, globose spores and the interwoven elements of the pileipellis easily separate this species from others in the genus.

Several varieties of R. maculata have been described. Smith and Hesler (1943) and Lennox (1979) have provided descriptions and keys for the North American variants. The major distinguishing features for these varieties are differences in spore size and shape, color of the lamellae, odor, and the presence or absence of a rufescence. In addition to the type variety, I have found only two others in the northeast. They are R. maculata var. scorzonerea(Fr.) Lennox and R. maculata var. occidentalis (A. H. Sm.) Lennox. Variety scorzonerea is characterized by yellow lamellae (the stipe is sometimes yellow also) and ellipsoid spores measuring 5.6-7 x 3.5-4.2 µm, while variety occidentalis lacks the yellow colors but has the same ellipsoid spores 5.6-7 x 3.5-4.2 µm (see Micro Features). Both of these varieties have a bitter taste."
Abstract The sesquiterpenes of Collybia maculata and C. peronata (Basidiomycetes) have been reinvestigated. In addition to collybolide, isocollybolide and deoxycollybolidol, five new structurally related sesquiterpene lactones have been isolated. The structures have been established by spectroscopic methods. Stereochemical assignments required a detailed conformational investigation, which has been carried out at the AM1 level for all compounds, and at the B3LYP level for some of them. This led to the inversion of the previously proposed C-7 configuration of deoxycollybolidol. The absolute configuration of collybolides could tentatively be inferred from CD studies. Five new sesquiterpenes 1 – 5 have been isolated from Collybia maculata . A study of the stereostructures of collybolides of C. maculata and C. peronata by molecular modelling and CD led to the inversion of the C-7 configuration of deoxycollybolidol and to infer tentatively the absolute stereochemistry of collybolides.
I have sent a message to Amanita Research about this post. I am also an administrator here. As much as I value your post and the information (And I do very much) this site is devoted to the Amanitas. We are discussing removing the post. Just wanted to give you a head's up in case you wanted to save any of this thread. He may disagree and it may remain, not sure yet.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Hasler
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:51 pm

crikeycrikeys wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:37 pm
I would be careful with anything containing opioid related substances, it's the number one addiction that has a bunch of legal gateway drugs but the need to always go higher on the dose and people end up going from poppy seed tea or hydrocodone they were prescribed for a broken arm up to heroin or fentanyl and then either becoming a full time addict or OD'ing and dying. That being said, the amount of new knowledge of fungi is quite impressive... I'm sure there is plenty of responsible use for this especially if the effect is different from regular opiates in some significant way.
FYI we are keeping this thread, since this is under the general category.
I wanted to say, even though I probably can't make a sweeping statement, I still believe pretty strongly that if we use nature's pharmacy responsibly, I don't think there's a chance of addiction. So far in my life I see that when we part out actives and make them into drugs those become dangerously addictive. But when used in their natural form they are self limiting. They tend to have an opposite adaptive effect where you need less and less over time. This is my take on it.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

Iqbefriad
Has thanked: 0

Post by Iqbefriad » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:19 am

Has anyone managed to find any reports of anyone consuming this mushroom?

I have acess to a good amount of these right now and would like to know how much a report is wanted and some idea on dosage since i would prefer to not be stuck in a salvia trip for days :|

Considering titrating up dose beginning in spring ro establish acute safety profile then see what the substance has to offer!

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Iqbefriad wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:19 am
Has anyone managed to find any reports of anyone consuming this mushroom?

I have acess to a good amount of these right now and would like to know how much a report is wanted and some idea on dosage since i would prefer to not be stuck in a salvia trip for days :|

Considering titrating up dose beginning in spring ro establish acute safety profile then see what the substance has to offer!
You said "stuck in a salvia trip for days". Just making sure others know, these mushrooms are not salvia. If you wind up using these pls make sure to post about it here in this thread. Thank you! I am going to keep my eyes open for some around here too. So far no spring mushies are popping here yet.
YouTube Amanita Dreamer