Dried Amanita muscaria actually tastes good

Feel free to discuss what you want.
crikeycrikeys

Dried Amanita muscaria actually tastes good

Post by crikeycrikeys » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:57 pm

The local A. persicina/guessowi (the pink/orange centered muscaria) is out of season here (although I found it several times before I found A.D.'s site in this state) so I ended up ordering online from a well-reviewed source. Dried caps arrived, still orangish with notable white spots on the top. First day just broke a tiny piece off and ate it to make sure I wouldn't have any kind of reaction, surprisingly tasted excellent, salty umami flavor. Second day broke a couple tiny pieces off (nickel size) and ate them, same good flavor, you could almost make a hipster dried food snack out of just the raw dried caps.

No nausea, no ill effects noted. The most "psychoactive effect" I got was after eating the first tiny piece, white walls looked kind of greenish, but then again, I naturally get those kind of mild perceptual changes without any substance so that's not saying much.

Both the nights after I ate it (and ended up having a couple drinks an hour or two later as it was clear that tiny piece of muscaria wasn't going to rest me) I slept like a log, had multiple memorable dreams but then again, the dreams are not out of the ordinary. The deep sleep til 11 am both days is.

Also I noticed maybe some mild urinary retention/ reduced need for urination... I usually wake up three times a night if I'm sleeping in as I hydrate a lot during the day before... Only got up one time both nights after taking the muscaria.

Any recommendation for what size piece dried muscaria I need to eat to get a similar effect to 2-3 drinks of alcohol? I'm not trying to trip out or go berserk, or sleep for several days either. I have a scale that measures in grams if thats relevant.
These users thanked the author crikeycrikeys for the post:
Fungo

Donn

Re: Dried Amanita muscaria actually tastes good

Post by Donn » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:13 am

Well, more than that! I know only how it has been working for me, doses in the 3-5g range. No craziness or discomfort at all, but stimulating and euphoric.

Yesterday late afternoon I brewed some for a few minutes in nearly boiling water and a little lemon juice, then drank that and ate it. It isn't really clear to me that any of that is necessary - I could have just chewed them up, and my stomach is far more acidic. But it's a pleasing beverage.

My stuff is probably different from yours, and I'm different from you. I learned 40 years ago that I had a better night's sleep after a cup of coffee, that's one thing where I seem to be a little off the center of the statistical curve. Ironically, fly agaric makes it a little hard for me to sleep - I might sleep, but it's shallow and the dreams aren't much. Could be my mushrooms, or my physiology, or the mild doses.

Anyway, I feel sure that your patient approach to dialing in a reasonable dosage will pay off, but feel free to step it up to at least a couple grams. What you're doing at the 2-nickel level may qualify as micro-dosing - I mean, to me, "micro dose" is a level where you really don't notice anything, but it is having some subtle effect - and that's an interesting approach, but it doesn't sound like it's what you're looking for. At the 3-5 gram level, I am guessing you will certainly notice it - and if you're like me, you may start thinking that this really puts alcohol in the shade.

crikeycrikeys

Post by crikeycrikeys » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Cool, thanks for the advice! I am wondering if it will have a unpredictable effect like ethanol does on me, either that it makes me too hyped up or puts me to sleep, people seem to have varied experiences but given that muscaria has a rich history of use by people around the world it at least seems worth experimenting with!
These users thanked the author crikeycrikeys for the post:
Splinters and Shards

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:57 pm

crikeycrikeys wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:57 pm
The local A. persicina/guessowi (the pink/orange centered muscaria) is out of season here (although I found it several times before I found A.D.'s site in this state) so I ended up ordering online from a well-reviewed source. Dried caps arrived, still orangish with notable white spots on the top. First day just broke a tiny piece off and ate it to make sure I wouldn't have any kind of reaction, surprisingly tasted excellent, salty umami flavor. Second day broke a couple tiny pieces off (nickel size) and ate them, same good flavor, you could almost make a hipster dried food snack out of just the raw dried caps.

No nausea, no ill effects noted. The most "psychoactive effect" I got was after eating the first tiny piece, white walls looked kind of greenish, but then again, I naturally get those kind of mild perceptual changes without any substance so that's not saying much.

Both the nights after I ate it (and ended up having a couple drinks an hour or two later as it was clear that tiny piece of muscaria wasn't going to rest me) I slept like a log, had multiple memorable dreams but then again, the dreams are not out of the ordinary. The deep sleep til 11 am both days is.

Also I noticed maybe some mild urinary retention/ reduced need for urination... I usually wake up three times a night if I'm sleeping in as I hydrate a lot during the day before... Only got up one time both nights after taking the muscaria.

Any recommendation for what size piece dried muscaria I need to eat to get a similar effect to 2-3 drinks of alcohol? I'm not trying to trip out or go berserk, or sleep for several days either. I have a scale that measures in grams if thats relevant.
Eating them dried without having been dried with heat you are eating a lot of ibotenic acid. Ibotenic acid is a STRONG stimulant. That should help with most of your musings in these comments. If you have time try to watch my videos on converting it before use. Especially at night.
I strongly discourage using alcohol with amanita. If you want to calmer effects just convert your ibotenic acid before use.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Aquavitae

Post by Aquavitae » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:40 pm

crikeycrikeys wrote:

Amanita muscaria mushroom tissues have a relatively high level of mannitol presence, an alcohol/sugar that may cause urinary retention as a side effect, although it is used for diuresis
Last edited by Aquavitae on Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crikeycrikeys

Post by crikeycrikeys » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:34 am

amanitadreamer wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:57 pm
crikeycrikeys wrote:

Eating them dried without having been dried with heat you are eating a lot of ibotenic acid. Ibotenic acid is a STRONG stimulant. That should help with most of your musings in these comments. If you have time try to watch my videos on converting it before use. Especially at night.
I strongly discourage using alcohol with amanita. If you want to calmer effects just convert your ibotenic acid before use.
That may describe some of the paradoxical effects. I guess your rec is to boil 15 grams in 1 cup water, keep adding water til the water is dark and the caps are bleached? I watched your preparation videos, just too busy/lazy to do it yet. I definitely want calmer effects, like a less liver toxic/fattening alternative to alcohol.

Donn

Post by Donn » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:44 am

I dried mine hot, per AD's instructions ca. 160°F. In the oven, actually - with thermometer and fan, and it seemed to work well. That's the procedure she's referring to, and it's supposed to effect partial conversion of ibotenic acid to muscimol. Just wanted to add that to what I mentioned above, and also reiterate that I won't be doing this before going to bed.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:50 pm

crikeycrikeys wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:34 am
amanitadreamer wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:57 pm
crikeycrikeys wrote:

That may describe some of the paradoxical effects. I guess your rec is to boil 15 grams in 1 cup water, keep adding water til the water is dark and the caps are bleached? I watched your preparation videos, just too busy/lazy to do it yet. I definitely want calmer effects, like a less liver toxic/fattening alternative to alcohol.
Yeah that and make sure to use lemon especially with recreational dosing...that should push decarb to 90% so you'd get very few of the "up" effects.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
crikeycrikeys
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer