Can you really compare A.M. to Benzo’s?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
TrueNaturetarian
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can you really compare A.M. to Benzo’s?

Post by TrueNaturetarian » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:32 am

I’ve recently taken Amanita Muscaria by smoking and also using the method of boiling with 15 grams. I can definitely feel a calming effect, but in terms of pain the other benefits I’m reading about, I just ain’t getting at all. I really don’t see how A.M. could replace benzo’s. I’m intrigued because as I know people re actually swapping benzo’s for these mushrooms.

What is the maximum dosage one can use a day that is considered safe? I’m thinking it could be dosage and potency rather than the fact that A.M. isn’t working for me.

amanitadreamer

Re: Can you really compare A.M. to Benzo’s?

Post by amanitadreamer » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:30 pm

TrueNaturetarian wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:32 am
I’ve recently taken Amanita Muscaria by smoking and also using the method of boiling with 15 grams. I can definitely feel a calming effect, but in terms of pain the other benefits I’m reading about, I just ain’t getting at all. I really don’t see how A.M. could replace benzo’s. I’m intrigued because as I know people re actually swapping benzo’s for these mushrooms.

What is the maximum dosage one can use a day that is considered safe? I’m thinking it could be dosage and potency rather than the fact that A.M. isn’t working for me.
Keep in mind that what the pharm companies do is they isolate out a single component from a highly complex organism just to get the single effect from it. They keep tweaking it until they get something powerful in high concentrations then put that out into the world. Yes it will work, but it basically hijacks your body and a single system and forces it into compliance. This is good if you're desperate and need relief. But what I keep seeing over and over again is when they do that, you wind up with serious side effects like toxicity or addiction or other systems adversely affected. Nature packages it a certain way for a reason. Most natural medicines are going to be milder with more of an adaptive effect working slowly over time. We are so used to powerful pharma meds and maybe we pay for that convenience and speed of results.
Maybe there's something to be said for patience and allowing the body and the medicine to work together over time to create a more permanent healthier better result.
Dosing might be part of it so I would work with dosing while also having some patience. Try to listen to your body. This isn't about comparison it's about differences in how they both wind up using the same pathways in the brain and body, just at different concentrations with different side effects.
Hope that helps. I wish you healing and pain relief, pain sucks.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 4):
mudskippaTzinaXSkaldicMeadandSomaHasler
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

mudskippa

Post by mudskippa » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:33 pm

@TrueNaturetarian This is exactly what I'm trying to do. I had a look at your posts and you seem to be in a similar position to me. I have a neurological disorder and literally the only thing that helps me feel "normal" is diazepam. For obvious reasons, I only take diazepam rarely, but I was looking at the potential of AM to make a diazepam substitute that can be used whenever I need it.

I only started my experiments with AM on Friday, and was quite disappointed to find it was not really like diazepam at all! But after I posted a comment on AD's channel about this, she encouraged me to try it some more, perhaps varying prep and dosage. So I will. I think I'll post a thread somewhere on this forum like a diary of my AM experience so that others can perhaps learn from it as well.

By the way, I don't know if these are things you've tried, but I find N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) helpful although it needs to be cycled. Sunflower lecithin also hugely improves my mood and makes me feel sociable, which is great when you have a chronic debilitating illness. DPLA is also good for pain relief. But nothing is a patch on diazepam, so, here's to the experiments!
These users thanked the author mudskippa for the post (total 4):
ZamiSkaldicMeadandSomaasunnydayPeaceEva

ZombieAngel

Post by ZombieAngel » Mon May 18, 2020 12:37 am

I have been on a few different antidepressants, but it was a long time ago. The only one I have a genuine impression of is the nortriptyline, although it's not a benzo, but might provide some perspective? I took it for a couple months and it may or may not have contributed to my health crash. When I was on it at first it slowed down my thoughts, which calmed me, but then it slowed them so much that I couldn't compensate for my anxious worries to talk myself down, and it made me too foggy to drive safely. The kind of spacey drowsy feeling I can get from the fly agaric is reminiscent of that, although I seem to retain more access to my thought process.
These users thanked the author ZombieAngel for the post:
SkaldicMeadandSoma
no guilt in life ☼ no fear in death

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat May 30, 2020 3:53 am

ZombieAngel wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:37 am
I have been on a few different antidepressants, but it was a long time ago. The only one I have a genuine impression of is the nortriptyline, although it's not a benzo, but might provide some perspective? I took it for a couple months and it may or may not have contributed to my health crash. When I was on it at first it slowed down my thoughts, which calmed me, but then it slowed them so much that I couldn't compensate for my anxious worries to talk myself down, and it made me too foggy to drive safely. The kind of spacey drowsy feeling I can get from the fly agaric is reminiscent of that, although I seem to retain more access to my thought process.
Ugh, my doc put me on that shit. I hated it. I had the same reaction to it and it caused me to have a deep depression. I got off of it. I also retain my thoughts and feel less spacy on Amanita. I can over do it and feel spacy and drowsy so I cut back on how often I used it.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Cloudykinz

Post by Cloudykinz » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:55 am

mudskippa wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:33 pm

I only started my experiments with AM on Friday, and was quite disappointed to find it was not really like diazepam at all! But after I posted a comment on AD's channel about this, she encouraged me to try it some more, perhaps varying prep and dosage. So I will. I think I'll post a thread somewhere on this forum like a diary of my AM experience so that others can perhaps learn from it as well.

Hey Mudskippa, how's it going now for you? Did you do another post about your experience? I didn't notice much in the first week either, but have noticed improvements since continued and regular use of the tincture I made.
I am my own guinea pig

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:27 pm

Well I don't think you are ever going to get the same effect as valium from AM. What you might get (I hope) is some relief that comes about in a different possibly more healthy way. Valium forces you to temporarily not feel anxiety which is great in the moment but as many people know you do it long enough you pay the price for that later. We don't want Amanita to do that we want it to help our systems function better rather than hijacking them leaving them broken when the effect wears off. This can mean it takes longer to get the same level of relief but hopefully you will get there and there won't be a price to pay for it afterwards. Good luck
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

TheWay47

Post by TheWay47 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:20 am

mudskippa wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:33 pm
@TrueNaturetarian This is exactly what I'm trying to do. I had a look at your posts and you seem to be in a similar position to me. I have a neurological disorder and literally the only thing that helps me feel "normal" is diazepam. For obvious reasons, I only take diazepam rarely, but I was looking at the potential of AM to make a diazepam substitute that can be used whenever I need it.

By the way, I don't know if these are things you've tried, but I find N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) helpful although it needs to be cycled. Sunflower lecithin also hugely improves my mood and makes me feel sociable, which is great when you have a chronic debilitating illness. DPLA is also good for pain relief. But nothing is a patch on diazepam, so, here's to the experiments!

How have things turned out with AM, it has been a year since you posted. Did you stick with it for the year and if so what have the results been?!

Thx

Sagebrush
Has thanked: 0

Post by Sagebrush » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:42 pm

Wasted alot of time useless
Last edited by Sagebrush on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:26 pm

I am not going to address everything in that last post but whatever you do don't use a cup over and over again over time without washing it. That's just plain unsanitary.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this