Alcohol plus Amanita May Not Be the Best Idea

Feel free to discuss what you want.
crikeycrikeys

Alcohol plus Amanita May Not Be the Best Idea

Post by crikeycrikeys » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:21 pm

Here's the little story of a mad science experiment gone wrong! Afternoon Day 1, have a few days off work so decide to further the noble cause of mad science again. Every other time I ate Amanita muscaria dried it was a tiny dime size piece. This time I ate half of one of the small caps plus half the stem. Yawned for about 30 minutes but didn't go to sleep as it was too early. Then perked up, went outside and messed around feeling normal, came in, ate supper, and no longer feeling any effects from the Amanita, drank a few drinks of home made hard apple cider. Just enough to be barely tipsy, then went to bed. I slept 13 hours, well into the next day and had a ton of extremely vivid dreams. Problem is, I didn't feel like I ever completely awakened, and some of the dreams were so vivid I thought they had happened in real life. I needed to actually check in the real world that I didn't do some bad stuff I dreamed I accidentally did. In otherwords the dreams were to some extent inseparable from reality until I had proven to myself I didn't do those bad things, but I got real paranoid about it. I have gotten paranoid with no substances so this wasn't too far off from baseline except this was the first time I couldn't separate a dream from reality just by thinking about it. I had a headache, but it wasn't that bad and didn't have any other symptoms of a hangover so I didn't drink too much and forget about it (not the shaking, puking, nausea, sweating, any of that).

However, I felt sedated and 'wrong' the entire day, like I wasn't really there. The only thing I can compare it to is the time I accidentally ate too many magnesium supplement pills (which produce an unpleasant sedation), and one other experience I don't wish to disclose at this time. I felt like I lost all my vigor, even with strenuous exercise, even being chased by feral dogs on the country roads exercising, the adrenaline rush didn't wake me up.

Also, in comparison to how much water I drank, I was urinating very little, and felt bloated and messed up internally.

Fast forward to Day 3 and everything is back to normal.

Any similar 'bad' experiences? I don't know what went wrong but is there any science that would support not taking A. muscaria and drinking in the same day?

amanitadreamer

Re: Alcohol plus Amanita May Not Be the Best Idea

Post by amanitadreamer » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:11 pm

crikeycrikeys wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:21 pm
Here's the little story of a mad science experiment gone wrong! Afternoon Day 1, have a few days off work so decide to further the noble cause of mad science again. Every other time I ate Amanita muscaria dried it was a tiny dime size piece. This time I ate half of one of the small caps plus half the stem. Yawned for about 30 minutes but didn't go to sleep as it was too early. Then perked up, went outside and messed around feeling normal, came in, ate supper, and no longer feeling any effects from the Amanita, drank a few drinks of home made hard apple cider. Just enough to be barely tipsy, then went to bed. I slept 13 hours, well into the next day and had a ton of extremely vivid dreams. Problem is, I didn't feel like I ever completely awakened, and some of the dreams were so vivid I thought they had happened in real life. I needed to actually check in the real world that I didn't do some bad stuff I dreamed I accidentally did. In otherwords the dreams were to some extent inseparable from reality until I had proven to myself I didn't do those bad things, but I got real paranoid about it. I have gotten paranoid with no substances so this wasn't too far off from baseline except this was the first time I couldn't separate a dream from reality just by thinking about it. I had a headache, but it wasn't that bad and didn't have any other symptoms of a hangover so I didn't drink too much and forget about it (not the shaking, puking, nausea, sweating, any of that).

However, I felt sedated and 'wrong' the entire day, like I wasn't really there. The only thing I can compare it to is the time I accidentally ate too many magnesium supplement pills (which produce an unpleasant sedation), and one other experience I don't wish to disclose at this time. I felt like I lost all my vigor, even with strenuous exercise, even being chased by feral dogs on the country roads exercising, the adrenaline rush didn't wake me up.

Also, in comparison to how much water I drank, I was urinating very little, and felt bloated and messed up internally.

Fast forward to Day 3 and everything is back to normal.

Any similar 'bad' experiences? I don't know what went wrong but is there any science that would support not taking A. muscaria and drinking in the same day?
I say it repeatedly in my videos, do not take amanita and drink alcohol. For many reasons. Much of what you describe here is ibotenic acid's doing. It's not pleasant. I was just about to make a video about ibotenic acid. Probably upload it in the next few days....
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

crikeycrikeys

Re: Alcohol plus Amanita May Not Be the Best Idea

Post by crikeycrikeys » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:16 am

Well dang maybe I should have watched more of your videos. But seriously, it was not the worse messed up I've been experimenting on myself, probably will just drop the amanita and stick to alcohol as it seems there is no legal substance that can actually quench the fire of my soul -- alcohol just dulls it a little. I like the first few drinks of alcohol but hate the feeling of being drunk or hungover, so I never go much beyond 3-4 drinks. The amanita in itself doesn't seem to be a very powerful sedative without getting into "berserk trip" territory based on what I've read so I may have to give up on it. At least I have the life experience of getting zombified on a legal shroom off ebay to add to my autobiography lol. I'm way too hyped up to mess with any stimulants or anything any less predictable than booze. I've been told I'd be a key candidate to an opiate addiction as those always knock you out, but that's one drug I'll never do after seeing how it's addiction has screwed people over.