Best way to engage with AM for a first time user with specific goals?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
TheNonduality
Has thanked: 0

Best way to engage with AM for a first time user with specific goals?

Post by TheNonduality » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:22 pm

Intro

There seems to be so many different ways to consume amanita, so many opinions on whether/why/how to convert ibotenic acid into muscimol, and so much variation on dosages.

I’m pretty stumped on how I should go about working with this teacher!

So, a bit about me:

I’m very familiar with many different entheogens, and I’ve never had a negative experience or bad trip. I used to explore my mind with rare research chemicals and novel hallucinogens, so I’m not unfamiliar with entering into uncharted territory.

After my psychedelic exploratory phase, I ended up becoming a Zen Buddhist monk, and I lived in a setting where I meditated for 6-8 hours a day, every day, for 5 years. Once a month we did 14 hours a day of meditation for a week to boot.

I’m not trying to say I’m a meditation master, but I have practiced several forms of meditation to the point where I can enter in meditative absorption with relative ease. I’d say I’m more experienced than 99.999% of the world population. I’m deeply spiritual, very committed to my Zen practice, with these four great vows being the guiding force in my life:

1. To end greed, hatred, and ignorance for all beings
2. To end all delusions for myself
3. Master limitless approaches to seeking the truth
4. To attain supreme Buddhahood

so now that that’s out of the way...

My Goals:

I’d like to use AM to support my daily meditation practice, which right now is about 1 hour a day, first thing in the morning. Having something that wakes me up better than caffeine, with no jitters, but something that doesn’t significantly alter my mental state. Microdose?

I’d also like to engage is some of the more esoteric forms of meditation while on relatively high doses to experience the meditative states of the ancient Tantric Buddhist masters (tantra has nothing to do with sex btw, that’s some new age bull). I’m assuming a high dose is needed.

I’d like to see if AM can help me be the best version of myself as possible to help me in following through on the 4 great vows. Probably using AM as a tonic?

My Questions

I have 1 oz of A++ caps. How should I prepare it so I can use it for my 3 goals? Eat raw, tea, tincture? Maybe multiple ways to meet my 3 goals?

Should I convert the ibotenic acid to muscimol? If so, how?

What dosage should I be using for my 3 goals?

Is it worth setting some aside to make some “fleece?” I ask because a poor monk like me can’t be spending money, if possible.

Any other clarifying questions or comment?
These users thanked the author TheNonduality for the post:
Mcpato

Mcpato

Re: Best way to engage with AM for a first time user with specific goals?

Post by Mcpato » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:00 pm

Very cool, and welcome to the cutting edge my friend! How you wish to approach using AM is entirely up to you, there is so much knowledge and experienced use here in these forums there should be many helping hands for you. I can relate to your path and believe AM is a very compatible "ally". I can speak for the use of the fleece, as I am very actively involved in cultivating it. Yeah if you want to save money (because jeeze its expensive to order online!) Growing the fleece is a great way to go. It requires extreme patience however, because it will take a minimum of 1-2 weeks, once you actually get a viable growth of fleece from a cap... (It took me about a year just to get it, and that was active attempts at cultivation... But thats because I was walking alone in the dark, it likely wont take you that long!) You will likely want to practice using higher amounts, at least once you get the baseline feel for what the AM can offer you. so if you do want to pursue this particular path, I am a resource available to you, and I'm more than happy to assist in your cultivating efforts! I've found that I have grown with the fleece as much as I've grown it too.

TheNonduality
Has thanked: 0

Post by TheNonduality » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:16 pm

So you would recommend the fleece, eh?

I do see a lot of people showing their work, but not much in the way of step by step guides. The ebook has it with barley, but on here I see people using beans and lentils! Do you know the best step-by-step guide? With my oz, how much should I set aside for fleece? I have black beans, jars, filters, etc. already, should I start it right away?

With the caps I have, for my first experience, I was planning on doing about 3g’s of caps boiled into tea with lemon juice added afterwards, then move up or down from there. Do you think 3g of cap tea w/ lemon is a good starting dose to get the feel?

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:34 pm

TheNonduality wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:16 pm
So you would recommend the fleece, eh?
haha well it may be because I'm one of maybe 3 people on the planet currently (admitting to) cultivating it! I believe the fleece is a potentially huge gift, but I also feel I havent yet unlocked it's full potential yet. I only recently learned that it can be concentrated by simmering without much loss in potency and I feel this is wonderful news to people like me seeking more "divine" experiences. The fleece may be producing a related but different (and undiscovered) chemical than the actual muscaria mushroom, we just don't know. But I will say that certainly the fleece has an advantage over the mushroom and that is that it has less toxicity. You won't likely experience nausea or any of the less desired side effects. It is a clean feeling, and I've noticed it does aid in concentration.
I do see a lot of people showing their work, but not much in the way of step by step guides. The ebook has it with barley, but on here I see people using beans and lentils! Do you know the best step-by-step guide? With my oz, how much should I set aside for fleece? I have black beans, jars, filters, etc. already, should I start it right away?
the ebook method is great in that it teaches how to get the fleece started. I have kinda diverged from it because I had to account for the severe contamination I kept getting, but creativity paid off and I've found that making the powdered AM innoculant like they do in the book and putting it on barley (or beans and lentils!!) Will allow for the fleece to "resurrect" along with every other mold! Lol! But if you use a spoon and grab that growth and place it in a new jar of grain, you'll have a pretty clean growing fleece in a few days! Definitely make a post and show us your progess and we'll assist you on the way. I've helped @T36 get the fleece, I'm sure I can help you too. Unfortunately there isnt much in the way of a step by step guide except for the ebook. As far as what caps to use, select 2 or 3 of the most perfect caps in the batch and cut a section out from each and use those. I got my fleece from WA A+ caps, hopefully you won't need more caps than that. If you really want to play it safe, cut a section off from each cap and set aside so you have backups in case your first experiments bear no fruit. I spent a lot of money before I learned that the way they dried the caps really does influence the viability of the fleece spores. Cold drying is the most ideal, but i think is rare if you ordered online. When I got lucky with the fleece, only one cap in the entire bag was viable... Anyhow I really wish you luck!
With the caps I have, for my first experience, I was planning on doing about 3g’s of caps boiled into tea with lemon juice added afterwards, then move up or down from there. Do you think 3g of cap tea w/ lemon is a good starting dose to get the feel?
yeah I think that would work for you, but just remember the nature of the experience can be dramatically different at higher doses. Idk how you feel about cannabis, but the last time I took a solid dose of amanitas (idk the amount) I had the strong impression that if I use cannabis at a certain point after consuming amanitas, I could use cannabis to "ascend the ladder" and go much higher/deeper than I could with either alone. This was in the context of using it as a meditation aid. I never did it because I knew I didnt have mediation discipline refined enough. And feel free to go slowly with the tea. The active chemicals last a long time and so if you drink that tea over an hour you'll have a good indication. You also get a sense of the direction of where it can take you if you take more. Anyways, Others who are more experienced than I am with the caps can probably give you specific info better than I can!
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post:
Rebis

Donn

Post by Donn » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:21 am

I can't reliably comment vs. your goals, as you're so much closer to Buddhahood than I'll ever be that I can't exactly put myself in your place. But what's worse, my experience with fly agaric is quite different from others. Particularly, many people who try it mention that they get sleepy. If that's how it works on you, I guess you might as well mail the rest of it to someone who can use it, because while I know there's some research that suggests that Zen monks meditate in their sleep, I guess that may not be what you're looking for. Isn't that way for me, though - while I can sort of sleep, it's very shallow and indeed there can be some insomnia. What I think may be helpful is the enhanced confidence and acceptance. To the extent that a psychoactive drug can be helpful to Zen, which I think is not a commonly held view. Maybe you could get a prescription for a benzodiazepine tranquilizer, supposed to have similar physiological effects (GABA-A agonist etc.)

3 grams dried material sounds OK for starters. The effects should be very mild there. Might as well follow what seems to be the conventional protocol - simmer for a bit, add lemon juice. I'm fuzzy on the details. I keep mine at less than boiling for 15 minutes or so, and I drink and eat everything. Don't know how much ibotenic acid I convert to muscimol, or at what point (bearing in mind that my stomach is quite an acidic environment.)

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:51 am

TheNonduality wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:22 pm
Intro

There seems to be so many different ways to consume amanita, so many opinions on whether/why/how to convert ibotenic acid into muscimol, and so much variation on dosages.

I’m pretty stumped on how I should go about working with this teacher!

So, a bit about me:

I’m very familiar with many different entheogens, and I’ve never had a negative experience or bad trip. I used to explore my mind with rare research chemicals and novel hallucinogens, so I’m not unfamiliar with entering into uncharted territory.

After my psychedelic exploratory phase, I ended up becoming a Zen Buddhist monk, and I lived in a setting where I meditated for 6-8 hours a day, every day, for 5 years. Once a month we did 14 hours a day of meditation for a week to boot.

I’m not trying to say I’m a meditation master, but I have practiced several forms of meditation to the point where I can enter in meditative absorption with relative ease. I’d say I’m more experienced than 99.999% of the world population. I’m deeply spiritual, very committed to my Zen practice, with these four great vows being the guiding force in my life:

1. To end greed, hatred, and ignorance for all beings
2. To end all delusions for myself
3. Master limitless approaches to seeking the truth
4. To attain supreme Buddhahood

so now that that’s out of the way...

My Goals:

I’d like to use AM to support my daily meditation practice, which right now is about 1 hour a day, first thing in the morning. Having something that wakes me up better than caffeine, with no jitters, but something that doesn’t significantly alter my mental state. Microdose?

I’d also like to engage is some of the more esoteric forms of meditation while on relatively high doses to experience the meditative states of the ancient Tantric Buddhist masters (tantra has nothing to do with sex btw, that’s some new age bull). I’m assuming a high dose is needed.

I’d like to see if AM can help me be the best version of myself as possible to help me in following through on the 4 great vows. Probably using AM as a tonic?

My Questions

I have 1 oz of A++ caps. How should I prepare it so I can use it for my 3 goals? Eat raw, tea, tincture? Maybe multiple ways to meet my 3 goals?

Should I convert the ibotenic acid to muscimol? If so, how?

What dosage should I be using for my 3 goals?

Is it worth setting some aside to make some “fleece?” I ask because a poor monk like me can’t be spending money, if possible.

Any other clarifying questions or comment?
I have a video on how to make a tea and freeze part of it. If you are microdosing use it at night. Try to use it at least 2 hours before bed because it gives you a lot of energy for a few hours then brings you down into a good sleep. Listen to your body for when to microdose again. At first I put 3 days between. Now it's 2 weeks.
I am not meditating these days but I would think trying to do so in those first hours after you take it would interesting.
For heroic doses to go further you'll need to not use it at all for about 10 days before you want to dose high. I would be interested to learn what kind of meditation experience you get in these two situations.
Your goals sound reachable and like they will make you feel content with yourself reaching them!! Good for you! Do you do any kind of outreach work, volunteer work, etc?
Good travels to you!
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

amanitalover

Post by amanitalover » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:58 pm

First dose 2-3gr of dried powdered AM in a blender with warm water and 2 sugars. I forgot to write down the wet to dry ratio, so not such how that relates to fresh shrooms.

Meditation I tried many times on AM. Does not work for me. Head gets sort of empty, but the focus is not there and then I just end up happy tripping in a deeply relaxed state.

As to using weed as a 'ladder'. I find after peaking on AM using weed can get you 'stoned with a trippy edge to it'. But not more trippy. Unless you use so much real strong weed which could get you tripping without AM.
I use 3gr. Thats plenty for me. But everyone is different and you are quite experienced spychonaut so try 3 gr and wait 2hours. Thats the save way. Ask to get aquanted and welcome her. Be totally honest about your intentions.
I’d like to see if AM can help me be the best version of myself as possible to help me in following through on the 4 great vows.
As an experienced spychonaut you know about set and setting, making an intension for the experience and all that. You can ask AM a question. Think of that way before you start, ask the question only when you really feel AM is within you and the moment is there. AM can teach you stuff about yourself and be a huge help.

Marv

Post by Marv » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:58 am

For an experienced explorer the whole scale of strength, the whole prism of experiences are of great value. Music and dance are an obvious theme of the effects. Repetitive rhythms and melodies are necessary to support and to give good foundations to a heavy dose.

That is what comes to my mind.

Ah ! Also don't forget the pee. It is the door to the Secret. Open it if you want and listen carefully. Refine a heavy dose, when the effect is strong re-inject Soma in the vessels. If it works you can go for a second re-injection later. It cleans, reinforces the system and heals the Soul. It tells the Secret to the ones who know how to Ask and Listen.
These users thanked the author Marv for the post:
amanitalover