Yellow Amanita (maybe only in America?)

Feel free to discuss what you want.
OakShaman
Has thanked: 0

Yellow Amanita (maybe only in America?)

Post by OakShaman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:55 am

Does anyone have experience with it? These are ones I have seen locally before I was interested in using Amanita myself. This website says it has the same properties as regular Amanita Muscaria... https://www.mushroomexpert.com/amanita_ ... sowii.html

But it doesn’t mention psychoactive or what the chemical components are. It says eaters have been poisoned but does not discuss drying or other processing to render them safe while keeping the muscimol. Has anyone tried this? The ones I saw looked identical to red Amanita but bright yellow.

amanitadreamer

Re: Yellow Amanita (maybe only in America?)

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:10 pm

OakShaman wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:55 am
Does anyone have experience with it? These are ones I have seen locally before I was interested in using Amanita myself. This website says it has the same properties as regular Amanita Muscaria... https://www.mushroomexpert.com/amanita_ ... sowii.html

But it doesn’t mention psychoactive or what the chemical components are. It says eaters have been poisoned but does not discuss drying or other processing to render them safe while keeping the muscimol. Has anyone tried this? The ones I saw looked identical to red Amanita but bright yellow.
So the way science names these are Amanita (genus) and then Muscaria (species). When there are different types within that genus and species, it's just called a variety. So this photo/link is to the variety, Guesowii. In the Americas we have varieties of the original AM found in Europe. The fact that all of them are still Amanita Muscaria means are going to have the same components and actives. In America we have many many varieties. And they are considered to be stronger than the European ones. One difference between the Europeans and Americans are that if left to dry in sunlight, the European ones will decarb into muscazone, not muscimol. But in the Americas they do not do that.
The ones I have are Amanita Persicina and are a pretty peachy color. Some in the pacific north west are a lovely yellow color. So many wonderful colors of the Amanita!!
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer