please don't use fixed font sizes - can't read the tiny text

Feel free to discuss what you want.
amafoo

please don't use fixed font sizes - can't read the tiny text

Post by amafoo » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:53 am

To admin: Please kindly change the css for the forums to not use a fixed font size, this is not how the internet works. We all have different sizes of screens, resolutions and different eye sites. Using a fixed in pixel font size makes it very difficult for some of us to read this forum. Currently at least the content css has:

Code: Select all

postbody .content {
    font-size: 13px;
    line-height: 1.4;
}
That hardwired 13px shouldn't be there. But let each user choose their own browser font setting. It, of course, applies to other parts of the css where this problem appears as well. You may have to ask whoever installed this software to help you. It might help to visit some friends with different size of screens to see the forums, and not just what it looks like on your (I assume) laptop.

I know I can increase the font in my browser, but I have to do that for every forum post - that's terribly unproductive and frustrating.

Meanwhile I applied a partial hack with Stylus firefox extension, overriding the fixed font just for this website.

Code: Select all

.postbody .content {
    font-size: 130%;
    font-family: Mandrake;
}
So now the text it's readable on my desktop. (but this is my local override, other people will have it set in a different way).

Thank you for listening.