First batch/for micro/benzo withdrawal relief

Feel free to discuss what you want.
PeaceEva

First batch/for micro/benzo withdrawal relief

Post by PeaceEva » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:11 pm

Hi everyone,
I purchased 28gr amanita muscaria from a reputable source in Vashon, WA. It is indeed cracker dry, and I can see the spots on the big caps. I trust this guy, although I understand he can’t respond to preparation questions. He did send me a document regarding the patent and some instructions “for my research paper”.

I followed @amanitadreamer ’s tea video, using half of my purchased caps (14gr), with the exception of adding 15mL of vinegar to the 250mL of water to sway the pH like the patent instructions suggested for more conversion. (Alternately I think is where lemon juice comes in). I simmered for about a half hour, adding water as it boiled off. Then strained it through a fine mesh bag used for winemaking. I extracted almost a full cup of juice from the mushrooms, and split it into a bunch of sterilized screw top prescription bottles, freezing all but one. Smelled so good! A cross between rising bread and, well, mushrooms :)

I tapered my klonopin dosage from 1-1/8mg to 1-1/16mg three days ago. It’s about a 6% decrease, so I wasn’t expecting bad withdrawal like I had been getting at 12% last time. I’m hoping to do smaller cuts more often, and hopefully cruise through this last mg fast with the help of a. muscaria microdosing. I use a jeweler’s scale to prepare my klonopin doses.

Besides klonopin (screws with GABA, was up to 3mg), I also take 37.5 Effexor Xr (down from 225!) in the morning and 15mg mirtazapine (serotonin receptors) at bedtime, as well as 200mg x2 of lamotrigine (effects glutamate). While on high dose of Effexor, I tried psilocybin, which did not work properly because of the mechanism of these pills. It appears that muscimol effects GABA the way klonopin does, so these antidepressants should not be blocking the muscimol. I am trying to get away from all these meds, but getting rid of the klonopin is priority one.

If I can avoid using cannabis during the remaining time on the klonopin, I won’t have to concern myself with any urine tests the doctor may impose. I’ve been through some terrible withdrawal periods in the past year that I don’t know if I’d survived without the help of cannabis, but in my backwards state I risk getting drug tested the same as if I were shooting heroin. /eyeroll/

OK, yesterday at 4 p.m. I took 1/8 tsp of the AM extract/tea (not sure what to call it). I put it in a small amount of grape juice. (I hope the juice isn’t a problem.). I was up till 10 and didn’t feel anything. I slept decent (average) without any unusual dreams.

This morning, 3 hours ago, I doubled the dose to 1/4 tsp. I still don’t feel anything. :(

I realize these are micro doses, but I’d like to feel something to know that my tea is working properly. I’d like to up the dose till I feel it, so I know what to back it down to.

That’s what I’m up to. I think I’ll take more today, since it’s been 3 hours. I’ll update. Any thought (please be nice). I’m feeling very hopeful about my life right now.

❤️
These users thanked the author PeaceEva for the post:
SummerElse

PeaceEva

Re: First batch/for micro/benzo withdrawal relief

Post by PeaceEva » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:10 pm

Well, I think it maybe kicked in, but I'm not 100% sure. About 2 hours after I took another 1/4 tsp of the tea - without juice - I fell asleep. I normally cannot nap in the afternoon since I've lowered my dosage of antidepressants (anxiety kind of keeps me wired). I was lying there with one of my cats, remote in my hand, and got the yawns. I wasn't trying to fall asleep, but I *was* in bed, so it was conducive lol. I woke up when my cat rustled a little. Got up and felt normal. I wish I'd have tried walking around when I got tired to see if I was affected at all, but, well, you don't disturb a sleeping kitty on your shoulder :)

Does this sound like anything? Or should I try a larger dose tomorrow? I really want to know that my dilution is potent and is working, but I'm not sure what to look for unless I take a recreational dose.

*yawn*

x
SummerElse

Donn

Post by Donn » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:26 pm

Check my math:

14 grams dry weight -> 1 cup water extract

-> 1/4 teaspoon dose = 0.073 grams dry weight

What I think of as a light dose is more in the neighborhood of 5 grams dry weight. That isn't a "micro" dose, as I can certainly feel the difference quite distinctly, but it isn't about astral travel and other shamanic routines either, it's just a bit of a buzz. The material you have is probably fine, but I think you'll have to up the dosage a lot. A full tablespoon would put you just under 1 gram dry weight, if my math is on the right track. That's a light dose, so you may need to take it up from there.

I have no knowledge or experience with the withdrawal business, this is just based on what happens with me, with no pharmaceutical complications.
These users thanked the author Donn for the post (total 2):
PeaceEvaSummerElse

PeaceEva

Post by PeaceEva » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:29 am

Thank you for your input, Donn! That puts my dose into perspective. I rechecked your math and it’s perfect. I knew those years of algebra would come in handy :D

I know I was doing super-quick math when divvying up my dilution into jars - 48 tsp are in 1 cup, so taking 1/8 tsp at a time will take me a looooonnng time to get through it! I sterilized an extra 7 bottles that I quickly rounded up. I froze 12 individual bottles so I shouldn’t have much go bad after they thaw. I’ll just have to do the math when I decide to do some shaman-type work with it.

One other thing I noted is that I had more tummy gurgling than usual this afternoon. :D Could be from this, or I was just hungry and being held down by a sleep kitty :)

I’m really unsure what to “measure” to know if this is helping with my anxiety, but I’m pleased I’m not having my usual flu-like withdrawals.

x
SummerElse

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:36 pm

PeaceEva wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:29 am
Thank you for your input, Donn! That puts my dose into perspective. I rechecked your math and it’s perfect. I knew those years of algebra would come in handy :D

I know I was doing super-quick math when divvying up my dilution into jars - 48 tsp are in 1 cup, so taking 1/8 tsp at a time will take me a looooonnng time to get through it! I sterilized an extra 7 bottles that I quickly rounded up. I froze 12 individual bottles so I shouldn’t have much go bad after they thaw. I’ll just have to do the math when I decide to do some shaman-type work with it.

One other thing I noted is that I had more tummy gurgling than usual this afternoon. :D Could be from this, or I was just hungry and being held down by a sleep kitty :)

I’m really unsure what to “measure” to know if this is helping with my anxiety, but I’m pleased I’m not having my usual flu-like withdrawals.

x
I started at a quarter teaspoon and when I felt nothing I went to another quarter 30 min later, then another half so a full teaspoon which sent me into my trip report. Today that same dose will make me feel smooth and easy but not a full trip and I think it's becuase I was still on Klonopin and still tapering.
As for feeling anything, the idea is to stop withdrawal symptoms and to feel normal and without anxiety not to feel something. That would be the purpose of microdosing. If you want to feel something to start finding your top and bottom ends you will just have to keep titrating upwards as you're lowering your meds and keep playing with it. BUT with each drop in meds and as it leaves your body, your amanita doses are going to change. I know you know this, just reminding you.
Onward and upward!!! <3
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 2):
PeaceEvaSummerElse
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

PeaceEva

Post by PeaceEva » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:30 pm

amanitadreamer wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:36 pm

I started at a quarter teaspoon and when I felt nothing I went to another quarter 30 min later, then another half so a full teaspoon which sent me into my trip report. Today that same dose will make me feel smooth and easy but not a full trip and I think it's becuase I was still on Klonopin and still tapering.
As for feeling anything, the idea is to stop withdrawal symptoms and to feel normal and without anxiety not to feel something. That would be the purpose of microdosing. If you want to feel something to start finding your top and bottom ends you will just have to keep titrating upwards as you're lowering your meds and keep playing with it. BUT with each drop in meds and as it leaves your body, your amanita doses are going to change. I know you know this, just reminding you.
Onward and upward!!! <3
@amanitadreamer
Thank you :). I’m not sure what I’m feeling LOL Did you have better results with consistent dosing for awhile? I’m guessing maybe if I get too tired, I back off? (Just wondering your - and others’ - experience)

Yesterday when I woke I felt down, but then after I got up I felt normal.

I took 1/4 tsp at about 4pm yesterday. My leg movements were minimal, and I slept fine. I also take melatonin, valerian, chamomile, and tryptophan with mirtazapine at bedtime (along with my remaining klonopin). I’m thinking about experimenting with less of those sleepy-herbs. I normally wouldn’t do the next klonopin taper only a week later, but I think I will tomorrow night and see how I do. Like you said - “Onward and upward!”

I’ll keep updating.

x

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:03 pm

PeaceEva wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:30 pm
amanitadreamer wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:36 pm

Onward and upward!!! <3
@amanitadreamer
Thank you :). I’m not sure what I’m feeling LOL Did you have better results with consistent dosing for awhile? I’m guessing maybe if I get too tired, I back off? (Just wondering your - and others’ - experience)

Yesterday when I woke I felt down, but then after I got up I felt normal.

I took 1/4 tsp at about 4pm yesterday. My leg movements were minimal, and I slept fine. I also take melatonin, valerian, chamomile, and tryptophan with mirtazapine at bedtime (along with my remaining klonopin). I’m thinking about experimenting with less of those sleepy-herbs. I normally wouldn’t do the next klonopin taper only a week later, but I think I will tomorrow night and see how I do. Like you said - “Onward and upward!”

I’ll keep updating.

x
Ugh, Mirtazapine. I hated that shit. It seemed to take the edge off but then when I started tapering klonopin, it caused restless leg and buzzing in my nerves. I had to get off it at one point, to keep tapering. And then the leg stuff and the buzzing stopped. Just letting you know in case you get that. I always feel a little tired after the microdose but then as soon as I get up it goes away. Sometimes I need a nap but it's always like 10 mintues or something and I feel like slept hours! LOL
Pls keep updating so others can see your progress too. :)
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
PeaceEva
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:06 pm

PeaceEva wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:11 pm
Hi everyone,
I purchased 28gr amanita muscaria from a reputable source in Vashon, WA. It is indeed cracker dry, and I can see the spots on the big caps. I trust this guy, although I understand he can’t respond to preparation questions. He did send me a document regarding the patent and some instructions “for my research paper”.

I followed @amanitadreamer ’s tea video, using half of my purchased caps (14gr), with the exception of adding 15mL of vinegar to the 250mL of water to sway the pH like the patent instructions suggested for more conversion. (Alternately I think is where lemon juice comes in). I simmered for about a half hour, adding water as it boiled off. Then strained it through a fine mesh bag used for winemaking. I extracted almost a full cup of juice from the mushrooms, and split it into a bunch of sterilized screw top prescription bottles, freezing all but one. Smelled so good! A cross between rising bread and, well, mushrooms :)

I tapered my klonopin dosage from 1-1/8mg to 1-1/16mg three days ago. It’s about a 6% decrease, so I wasn’t expecting bad withdrawal like I had been getting at 12% last time. I’m hoping to do smaller cuts more often, and hopefully cruise through this last mg fast with the help of a. muscaria microdosing. I use a jeweler’s scale to prepare my klonopin doses.

Besides klonopin (screws with GABA, was up to 3mg), I also take 37.5 Effexor Xr (down from 225!) in the morning and 15mg mirtazapine (serotonin receptors) at bedtime, as well as 200mg x2 of lamotrigine (effects glutamate). While on high dose of Effexor, I tried psilocybin, which did not work properly because of the mechanism of these pills. It appears that muscimol effects GABA the way klonopin does, so these antidepressants should not be blocking the muscimol. I am trying to get away from all these meds, but getting rid of the klonopin is priority one.

If I can avoid using cannabis during the remaining time on the klonopin, I won’t have to concern myself with any urine tests the doctor may impose. I’ve been through some terrible withdrawal periods in the past year that I don’t know if I’d survived without the help of cannabis, but in my backwards state I risk getting drug tested the same as if I were shooting heroin. /eyeroll/

OK, yesterday at 4 p.m. I took 1/8 tsp of the AM extract/tea (not sure what to call it). I put it in a small amount of grape juice. (I hope the juice isn’t a problem.). I was up till 10 and didn’t feel anything. I slept decent (average) without any unusual dreams.

This morning, 3 hours ago, I doubled the dose to 1/4 tsp. I still don’t feel anything. :(

I realize these are micro doses, but I’d like to feel something to know that my tea is working properly. I’d like to up the dose till I feel it, so I know what to back it down to.

That’s what I’m up to. I think I’ll take more today, since it’s been 3 hours. I’ll update. Any thought (please be nice). I’m feeling very hopeful about my life right now.

❤️
Just so you know what you're dealing with, ibotenic acid acts as a glutamate replacement and muscimol acts on GABA.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
PeaceEva
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

Sid_Hatrack

Post by Sid_Hatrack » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:52 am

Thank you for this post. I appreciate hearing this kind of progressive reporting as I am in a similar situation, which is that my plane is on the tarmac and I am prepping my plane and educating my crew for a first low level flight, metaphorically speaking.

My AM, also from a Washington state source arrived last week. I have looked them and smell them every day. I find the odor quit alluring. I don’t want to just jump right in as I feel that is too casual for something with such a great potential. I want to prepare myself as if I were going to receive and honored guest into my house, meaning I want to be clean and unencumbered with any other substances. I quit marijuana 3 days ago and am going through withdrawal symptoms that come when one has been a daily user for 6 months. Once the night sweats are over, my sleep gets restored and I am not feeling cranky. After that I want to fast for a few days so I am clean of any other substances that might affect my experience with AM.

I plan to follow your path and start with 1/8 tsp and work up. I definitely do not want find my threshold dose by overshooting as I have read in other trip reports.
I look forward to any updates of your experience.
These users thanked the author Sid_Hatrack for the post (total 2):
PeaceEvabanne

PeaceEva

Post by PeaceEva » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:46 pm

Gosh, I'm not getting email alerts when people comment; I apologize for not replying sooner.

I went ahead and dropped my klonopin dose another 1/8mg (on 1.0 mg total now! (down from ~3mg, 14 months ago)) on Thursday. This is the first time I've ever just waited 1 week to drop. Normally it was "wait until I feel better plus 2 more weeks". So far, so good! I would normally be foggy, feverish, and upset from the uncontrollable leg movements. I felt a bit restless yesterday (Friday), but I think it may have just been anxiety. I know I need to continue to learn to control that better by myself. I've been taking 1/4 tsp of my Amanita extract each evening between 4-6:00.

I dropped a couple of herbal capsules from my nightly regimen to test things, and make room to add them again if need be.

The mirtazapine is still helping, so I'm going to stay with it. I've been on antidepressants for 20+ years too, so my body is adjusting from very high doses of SNRIs to just 15mg of mirtazapine nightly. I'm so grateful for sleep. I went for weeks without decent sleep and began to feel like just a shell of a zombie... I've been taking klonopin to sleep for so long that I feared I'd never sleep again. It's amazing the dark places my mind will go :(

I can't say that I notice anything outwardly on 1/4 tsp of this particular "tea" but the lack of withdrawal symptoms is quite amazing. I hope I'm not just substituting one GABA-A agonist for another, but at least the AM extract is full-spectrum and not a pharmaceutical derivation. The only thing I'm feeling that may be related to taking the AM is some tummy-rumbling I haven't had before. I'm not worried about it.

No real news, just that I'm continuing to taper without incident, and I'm excited about it! :mrgreen:
banne