First batch/for micro/benzo withdrawal relief

Feel free to discuss what you want.
PeaceEva

Re: First batch/for micro/benzo withdrawal relief

Post by PeaceEva » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:16 pm

I am here because I began benzodiazepine withdrawal and realized my brain was, in basic terms, injured. This is what led me to learning about mushrooms, growing Lions Mane, learning about foraging, and getting me excited for some new hobbies! While on one of my searches on accelerating this withdrawal without PAWS, I eventually found @amanitadreamer and her videos. I realized I already had a real connection to A. Muscaria - I had given it a number of "photo-shoots" in the forest already! I just never thought to take it home with me or search for more information. I cannot thank her enough for the vision and hope she's given me.

I'd seen the psilocybin reports, that it has been shown to heal/"re-wire" the brain, and it piqued my interest. Unfortunately, due to my SSRI/SNRI usage, my brain did not react to a normal trip dose of psilocybin. I was already suicidal at this time, and there wasn't any way I could just stop, at once, all the poly-drugging that was "my brain". A nurse friend had told me she really felt like I was being overprescribed psych meds, and she was right. I'm now down to the lowest amount of meds I've been on in 20+ years. My hope is to eventually get off all of them to find myself, then determine if I need any of them anymore.

I'd like to share a few things that have helped me along the way, in case anyone else undergoing benzodiazepine withdrawal can benefit. If the moderators do not want me to do this, I will immediately remove this posting! :) I'm only passing this along as information, I'm not condoning anything or selling anything, and I'm not a medical professional. I'm simply an ill-treated patient whose doctors were so ineffective that, like many, I went to the Internet to treat myself.

This particular read (link below) is written by a woman by the username of "Parker". She explains that healing is not linear, and gives information on GABA and glutamate that made sense in my non-scientist brain. I was also able to share it with close friends. It did not scare me, it made me hopeful. It is copied from a group where I received some assistance. I don't necessarily recommend any of these forums - they often scared the shit out of me and made my anxiety worse, making my withdrawal worse, making it last longer, and creating more fear for the next drop in the taper. Please be careful what you read. Some support groups have basically turned people to have "hypochondriac" symptoms of withdrawal, where they are terrified of everything. Facebook groups were particularly bad for me. I don't want to share any information that may make someone's withdrawal worse. Please try to be hopeful.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/124p ... sp=sharing

x

Donn

Post by Donn » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:28 am

PeaceEva wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:46 pm
The only thing I'm feeling that may be related to taking the AM is some tummy-rumbling I haven't had before. I'm not worried about it
One thing I can count on, is I'll be ... well, more "regular", for a day or so.

Good to hear that it's going OK. Just reading the text that comes over the internet here, you seem like someone with plenty of inner resources. On the dependency issue, I think we'd hear about it if there was any such thing - the seasonal nature of the mushroom being such that most of us are going to run out at some point in the year.
These users thanked the author Donn for the post:
banne

PeaceEva

Post by PeaceEva » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:54 pm

Just a check-in. I took 2 quarter teaspoon doses yesterday because I was very restless and fidgety. Last night I woke up drenched in sweat. No real mind fog, but physical withdrawal symptoms. I’m disappointed but not disheartened. I’m going to go back to bed after I get a few things done to see if more rest will help.

PeaceEva

Post by PeaceEva » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:15 pm

Another check-in. This past week I had physical withdrawal effects, but nothing major, just irritating. Possibly a little cognitive fog, but I eventually was able to think through some math calculations I needed. I bumped my daily AM dose to 1/2 tsp in the afternoons.

I did not do another taper at 7 days this time, I think I’ll wait a couple more days, then drop another 16th of a mg. I don’t want to make things difficult, but I want to keep some momentum.

I also ordered some small ice cube trays to measure this easier in the future.

Went to a social event yesterday for 6 hours and did ok anxiety-wise. I didn’t even need to spend time in a quiet place. Granted, I was exhausted when I got home, but I was happy with my handling of things. I had a cbd vape pen with me and didn’t even think to use it. I slept like a rock and my body is sore today - possibly from tension - but I did it! Normally I’d have probably taken an extra mg of clonazepam! :D

Peace to all <3
These users thanked the author PeaceEva for the post:
banne

Marv

Post by Marv » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:21 pm

Have you think about taking larger doses of amanita ? At least to see how you react to it ?
Maybe it is easier to manage the dose when we have in our consciousness a good reference of experiences.
I understand microdosing but for me the medicine works better with higher doses. I think we all have to find our own way to take it and it come through communication with the mushroom and experiences.
These users thanked the author Marv for the post:
banne

PeaceEva

Post by PeaceEva » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:10 pm

@Marv yes, I’m hoping when the weather improves here, so I have the option to go outside, I do want to try a large dose.

Check in
I had a couple “recovery days” after my social saturday last week, but that’s normal for me. I was very tired and didn’t get much accomplished. But that’s ok. That’s me dealing with anxiety.

I waited until Tuesday to drop another 1/16th mg of klonopin. Ten days. I know it’s a relatively small drop, but this is the fastest I’ve ever gone. I normally get withdrawal effects 2-3 days after changing the dose, but I haven’t noticed any except for some restlessness upon reclining to watch tv. Also, I’m not sleeping as well. I’m going to take more sleep-inducing supplements and practice better sleep hygiene. I’m not waking to involuntary leg/trunk movements like I was last year.

I was taking 1/2 tsp amanita muscaria extract per day, but cut that down to 1/4 tsp to see if it may help with some depression I’ve been feeling. I’m unsure if taking it in the evening may help with sleep - if anyone knows, please let me know. I’ve been taking it at 2-3:00 in the afternoon.

That’s my update,

Peace

x

Marv

Post by Marv » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:38 pm

For sure it helps a lot for sleeping if you take it just before going to bed. I find that redosing every 8 hours is acceptable to stay all the time under its effect, no more often. Also you can make experiments to see if you support stronger doses.
For strong minds it can be a wonderful way to stop everything at once and spend the withdrawal symptoms under the effect of successive regular doses. I imagine that it would need at least 2 weeks.
Obviously this path is not for everyone. Some people are able to stay present and "dominate" strong doses. They are good candidate for deep healing initiation and teachings.
A health problem is always a good occasion to transform and learn. Addiction problems are definitely initiation opportunities.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:21 am

PeaceEva wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:10 pm
@Marv yes, I’m hoping when the weather improves here, so I have the option to go outside, I do want to try a large dose.

Check in
I had a couple “recovery days” after my social saturday last week, but that’s normal for me. I was very tired and didn’t get much accomplished. But that’s ok. That’s me dealing with anxiety.

I waited until Tuesday to drop another 1/16th mg of klonopin. Ten days. I know it’s a relatively small drop, but this is the fastest I’ve ever gone. I normally get withdrawal effects 2-3 days after changing the dose, but I haven’t noticed any except for some restlessness upon reclining to watch tv. Also, I’m not sleeping as well. I’m going to take more sleep-inducing supplements and practice better sleep hygiene. I’m not waking to involuntary leg/trunk movements like I was last year.

I was taking 1/2 tsp amanita muscaria extract per day, but cut that down to 1/4 tsp to see if it may help with some depression I’ve been feeling. I’m unsure if taking it in the evening may help with sleep - if anyone knows, please let me know. I’ve been taking it at 2-3:00 in the afternoon.

That’s my update,

Peace

x
I am so proud of you PeaceEva!!! Thank you for this detailed account. Many people will come after you and need this. I use amanita for sleep. I take it about 2 hours before bed, get a nice enhanced up feeling, busy, working, get stuff done feeling then easy to bed and I sleep well. I am glad you're finding it easier to taper and I hope you keep moving forward. I will keep coming back and reading...
<3
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

PeaceEva

Post by PeaceEva » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:31 am

@amanitadreamer, out of curiosity, about much do you take before bed?

I’ll post an update here in a few minutes :)

PeaceEva

Post by PeaceEva » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:36 am

Log update

Hi everyone. I’ve dropped klonopin doses two more times since I wrote last. Ten days and 12 days in between. I’m pulling 1/16mg at a time. I’m 7 days from the last drop, and have a bit of restlessness and mild leg movements. Unlike early on in this nightmare, I can control the movements and they don’t immediately return when I stop thinking about it. The other problem is that the insomnia is increasing each time; I worry that I’m not recovering fully from that before the next drop. I’m unsure if waiting longer would be beneficial. I feel urgency to keep dropping as fast as possible, but I know that’s not necessarily in my body’s best interest.

Right now I’m taking 1/2 tsp of a.muscaria extract at bedtime, the remaining dose of klonopin, 4 Calm Caps (chamomile, valerian, hops, etc), 5mg melatonin, and 500mg tryptophan. I have benadryl and quick-release melatonin next to my bed if I have trouble during the night. I try to wind down at night, often listening to sleep stories or sleep meditations on YouTube. I’d be happy to put up some links if anyone wants. Overall, I’m sleeping pretty well compared to the bouts of major insomnia I’ve had. After 20 years of “take a pill and go asleep” it’s very odd getting used to just trying to fall asleep like normal people do!

I’m excited about the future, and can’t wait to be free from benzodiazepines! I really think the A. Muscaria is helping to control the scary withdrawal symptoms that were making this process not only so much more uncomfortable, but way more frightening. Now I find myself excited and curious whenever I drop the dose again.

peace all. stay safe.

x