First batch/for micro/benzo withdrawal relief

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Marv

Re: First batch/for micro/benzo withdrawal relief

Post by Marv » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:54 pm

Nice !
For the leg movements and restlessness, peganum harmala works perfectly alone or in combination with amanita muscaria. I would stay under 1,5 g for the peganum dose. I would toast them until they make the little "pop" and smell like roasted coffee (oils start to smoke at this temperature don't worry). Every morning I would take my amanita as usually staying under 3 g then grind one dose of harmal seeds and drink the powder mixed in a gulp of cold water. I would take the plants in the morning before eating and again another dose in the evening after eating. I would continue to drop slowly my clonazepam.

I find Harmal is amazing for fast physical and mental relief. Works efficiently in nervous cramps or spasm or annoying electric waves feeling in the legs, down part of the back and extremities. It goes well with amanita and cannabis. I would avoid old cheese (fresh is good), all type of alcohol, all processed food and meats including cold meats (again fresh is good), all canned food and synthetic perfumes.

Also I would prepare the same mix (amanita cannabis harmal) in maceration in alcohol to massage myself with it everyday.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:39 pm

PeaceEva wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:36 am
Log update

Hi everyone. I’ve dropped klonopin doses two more times since I wrote last. Ten days and 12 days in between. I’m pulling 1/16mg at a time. I’m 7 days from the last drop, and have a bit of restlessness and mild leg movements. Unlike early on in this nightmare, I can control the movements and they don’t immediately return when I stop thinking about it. The other problem is that the insomnia is increasing each time; I worry that I’m not recovering fully from that before the next drop. I’m unsure if waiting longer would be beneficial. I feel urgency to keep dropping as fast as possible, but I know that’s not necessarily in my body’s best interest.

Right now I’m taking 1/2 tsp of a.muscaria extract at bedtime, the remaining dose of klonopin, 4 Calm Caps (chamomile, valerian, hops, etc), 5mg melatonin, and 500mg tryptophan. I have benadryl and quick-release melatonin next to my bed if I have trouble during the night. I try to wind down at night, often listening to sleep stories or sleep meditations on YouTube. I’d be happy to put up some links if anyone wants. Overall, I’m sleeping pretty well compared to the bouts of major insomnia I’ve had. After 20 years of “take a pill and go asleep” it’s very odd getting used to just trying to fall asleep like normal people do!

I’m excited about the future, and can’t wait to be free from benzodiazepines! I really think the A. Muscaria is helping to control the scary withdrawal symptoms that were making this process not only so much more uncomfortable, but way more frightening. Now I find myself excited and curious whenever I drop the dose again.

peace all. stay safe.

x
You might wanna rethink the use of both melatonin and tryptophan. Melatonin has a short time that it works, after that it can cause the opposite effects of what you want including restlesness and insomnia. AND tryptophan stimulates melatonin... Unless you are autistic (some autistics seem to not adapt as readily).
Have you played with your amanita dosing? You might wanna rethink that also.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Donn

Post by Donn » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:07 am

Marv wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:54 pm
I would avoid old cheese (fresh is good), all type of alcohol, all processed food and meats including cold meats (again fresh is good), all canned food and synthetic perfumes.
Approximately what he's talking about here are foods containing tyramine, which you have to steer clear of if you're taking a MAO inhibitor (mono-amine oxidase inhibitor.) All kinds of ferment or cured products, maybe overripe fruits, and a few things that you wouldn't guess (apparently fava beans and snow peas?) Don't take it from me, look this stuff up if you decide you want to get into more drugs, specifically beta carbolines as found in Peganum harmala - beta carbolines are MAO inhibitors.

Marv

Post by Marv » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:03 pm

Thanks ;)
Sometimes people talk about many restrictions like if there would have been a list of what to eat and not to eat that makes feel difficult to understand. Thanks donn for this clarification !
I think fresh/unfresh is a good way to make no mistake. Also naturally occurring/synthetic products. If you whant to heal you need new organs and fresh energy. Think new and fresh !

PeaceEva

Post by PeaceEva » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope this weekend finds you all well. I am planning my next drop on Monday. This week has been a little rough, but I'm not sure why - unless I possibly screwed up my last pill box. I wish I could go back and check. Overall, I'm ok, just more uncomfortable than I was the week I dropped, which seems really odd. Usually the worst of it happens at about the 4-day mark.

@amanitadreamer, You mentioned reconsidering my a. muscaria dose. Are you thinking I possibly need to increase it? or decrease? I haven't messed with it for a while. I've never taken more than 1/2 tsp/day. I have 14 dry grams left for another batch of extract. I should maybe order more now in case my supplier runs out before autumn. Especially since I'm planning to try a big dose when I feel like I'm a good place, and the weather improves so I can be outside.

I've laid off the tryptophan for 3 nights now, and went from 1000mg to 500mg a couple days before that. I'm still managing to sleep, but not quite as well. I cut back to 5 mg of melatonin. I've never noticed the insomnia getting worse while taking either, but I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm still taking 15mg mirtazepine at night, but it sucks that it doesn't knock me out like it used to. I hate lying in bed wondering when the hell I'm going to start yawning and fall asleep. I listened to an hour-long sleep meditation last night. I don't remember all of it, but when it was over I frickin woke back up!! (and the ear buds were making my ears itch lol) ugh. :( I finally popped a couple benadryl. I have a CES machine I'm going to plug back in tonight. I really want to get my sleep straightened out before the next drop - but I also really want to keep up my momentum. I've been dropping 1/16mg at a time, even though I know that's a larger percentage with each drop. I'm trying not to think about it too much - I don't want that damn placebo panic thing.

I'm trying to not let my brain get too used to anything before I shake things up and take something else, whether it's chamomile/valerian, benadryl, unisom, tryptophan, or perhaps a cannabis gummy if I can acquire one. I do take my 1/2 tsp of a.muscaria extract each night, though. Should I consider raising that at each drop of klonopin? Then maybe lowering it back once any withdrawal symptoms subside? I'm still not entirely sure that I actually *feel* the extract. I'm just not getting the withdrawal symptoms like I was a year ago. I'm so grateful for that. SO GRATEFUL!

@Marv and @Donn - thank you for your responses! I wasn't familiar with peganum harmala, other than seeing it pop up now and then in places like Erowid. I didn't realize until your reply that it is actually something of significance. (I thought it was one of those things kids try to use when they can't find anything else LOL :mrgreen: )

I've never taken an MAOI, but have obviously heard of them over the two decades of antidepressant-hopping. I'll definitely do some research before I try it. Do you purchase the seeds or grow your own?

@Marv, I didn't realize that you, too, went through this clonazepam bullshit. I guess I need to catch up on my reading here in the forum. I apologize for my lack of recognizing people here. I think we did have a back-and-forth about "old cheese" :mrgreen:.

It's interesting to realize that I'm actually out of bed each day and doing things, and that's why I'm behind on correspondence! I swear, pretty much all of 2019 is a blur. I basically slept all day, hazily watching sitcom reruns, and only pushed myself when it was time to make sure that my precious cat family was fed.

Of course, 2020 is starting off pretty damn strangely... Of course, when I'm really starting to get my shit together, the whole world is shutting down. :roll:

Please stay safe, everyone. I'm grateful I have some land to spend time walking. It's cold out, but at least I can get out of the house!

x

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:07 am

PeaceEva wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:41 pm
Hi everyone,

I hope this weekend finds you all well. I am planning my next drop on Monday. This week has been a little rough, but I'm not sure why - unless I possibly screwed up my last pill box. I wish I could go back and check. Overall, I'm ok, just more uncomfortable than I was the week I dropped, which seems really odd. Usually the worst of it happens at about the 4-day mark.

@amanitadreamer, You mentioned reconsidering my a. muscaria dose. Are you thinking I possibly need to increase it? or decrease? I haven't messed with it for a while. I've never taken more than 1/2 tsp/day. I have 14 dry grams left for another batch of extract. I should maybe order more now in case my supplier runs out before autumn. Especially since I'm planning to try a big dose when I feel like I'm a good place, and the weather improves so I can be outside.

I've laid off the tryptophan for 3 nights now, and went from 1000mg to 500mg a couple days before that. I'm still managing to sleep, but not quite as well. I cut back to 5 mg of melatonin. I've never noticed the insomnia getting worse while taking either, but I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm still taking 15mg mirtazepine at night, but it sucks that it doesn't knock me out like it used to. I hate lying in bed wondering when the hell I'm going to start yawning and fall asleep. I listened to an hour-long sleep meditation last night. I don't remember all of it, but when it was over I frickin woke back up!! (and the ear buds were making my ears itch lol) ugh. :( I finally popped a couple benadryl. I have a CES machine I'm going to plug back in tonight. I really want to get my sleep straightened out before the next drop - but I also really want to keep up my momentum. I've been dropping 1/16mg at a time, even though I know that's a larger percentage with each drop. I'm trying not to think about it too much - I don't want that damn placebo panic thing.

I'm trying to not let my brain get too used to anything before I shake things up and take something else, whether it's chamomile/valerian, benadryl, unisom, tryptophan, or perhaps a cannabis gummy if I can acquire one. I do take my 1/2 tsp of a.muscaria extract each night, though. Should I consider raising that at each drop of klonopin? Then maybe lowering it back once any withdrawal symptoms subside? I'm still not entirely sure that I actually *feel* the extract. I'm just not getting the withdrawal symptoms like I was a year ago. I'm so grateful for that. SO GRATEFUL!

@Marv and @Donn - thank you for your responses! I wasn't familiar with peganum harmala, other than seeing it pop up now and then in places like Erowid. I didn't realize until your reply that it is actually something of significance. (I thought it was one of those things kids try to use when they can't find anything else LOL :mrgreen: )

I've never taken an MAOI, but have obviously heard of them over the two decades of antidepressant-hopping. I'll definitely do some research before I try it. Do you purchase the seeds or grow your own?

@Marv, I didn't realize that you, too, went through this clonazepam bullshit. I guess I need to catch up on my reading here in the forum. I apologize for my lack of recognizing people here. I think we did have a back-and-forth about "old cheese" :mrgreen:.

It's interesting to realize that I'm actually out of bed each day and doing things, and that's why I'm behind on correspondence! I swear, pretty much all of 2019 is a blur. I basically slept all day, hazily watching sitcom reruns, and only pushed myself when it was time to make sure that my precious cat family was fed.

Of course, 2020 is starting off pretty damn strangely... Of course, when I'm really starting to get my shit together, the whole world is shutting down. :roll:

Please stay safe, everyone. I'm grateful I have some land to spend time walking. It's cold out, but at least I can get out of the house!

x
Hi PE
I wanted to say that I hope you're doing well. I want to tell you to keep marching onward. I know very well how hard it is. The daily of it. I know it's easy to start looking too closely at the minute details. But remember healing isn't linear. Our brains are living things and will spurt and sputter their way along this healing. Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason to a set back. It just happens. Sometimes we move ahead with ease \.
I also experienced the harder drops and the same urgency and unwilliness to slow down the taper. It's like you get gresh air and you want to sprint. And we get to know our bodies in a way that most people will not. So you know what you're doing.
I was on Mirtazapine and another tricyclic. I wound up getting off both before ending klonopin. Just know that mirtazipine will cause restlessness and hyperactivity and waking up all night long. The klonopin sort of made that depressed and we didn't have to feel it but at some point in the taper, the mirtazipine breaks through. Keep that in mind.
I upped my amanita dose repeatedly in small increments before settling on my current microdose. I just wound up using it less and less.
Pls keep coming back here and keeping us posted especially so others doing this after you will have stories of success to read to give them hope. And also so they don't feel so lost or alone in the struggle of it.
Reading your words is like me travelling back in time and doing exactly as you are, thinking the same, feeling the same and having the same physical sensations. And i know...it totally gets better and harder and then it's done.
Bless you good human. We are here.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
plaiche
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

PeaceEva

Post by PeaceEva » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:29 am

Thank you for your kind words. I dropped my klonopin dose again on Monday, and it’s been harder than usual. I’m sensitive, and with the world in a pandemic, my stress response is high. I’m trying not to overthink it. I don’t like it when my muscles do their own thing, but I’m trying to remember to stand up, walk around, and retake control. I’m in charge of my body, dammit! Sometimes I just really want to lay back and do something passive like watch tv, though... but I’m trying to be easy on myself. A cat on my legs helps :) The restlessness is bothersome, but definitely has been worse in the past.

I’m grateful that my sleep has been good thus far. I raised my dose of amanita extract from 1/2 tsp (250mL) to 125mL in the morning and 250 at bedtime. I need to watch the video and make another cup of extract before I run out, and I’ve ordered more caps so I can stay on top of things. I’m trying to be proactive and eliminate as much worrying as I can. Im super-grateful that I’m able to function enough to keep up. One year ago, I was nearly bedridden. :(. I’m trying to remind myself to be grateful as often as possible.

I got off a high dose of Effexor (250, if I remember right) early this year, and it went surprisingly well. That can be a real bitch to get off, and I’d been on a combo of that and Pristiq for over 12 years. I researched and decided to ditch seroquel, in favor of mirtazapine. I declined the doc’s recommendation of upping that, and have stayed at 15mg. I’m not happy to be taking it, but I’m trying to take a systematic approach to stopping meds. I have suffered from very bad depression since I was 15, so I’ve come to accept that I may always need something, but I’m pretty bent on finding out who I am underneath all these chemicals.

I hate that I’m on 400mg of lamotrigine per day, but I guess that will be another long, potentially withdrawal-laden process. I’m trying not to think about it too much, because it’s not recommended to taper these at the same time. What’s really disgusting is that there’s no evidence that I’ve ever been bipolar, and that’s what lamotrigine is for :pissed:

Right now my goal is to be off the clonazepam. I feel it’s the most dangerous one, and I hate that my brain is so terribly dependent on it. It’s also the one that makes doctors feel the need to request urine tests, which I find a disturbing and upsetting invasion of my privacy.

On a different note - a friend told me he’d seen that there had been some benzo withdrawal success with high doses of GABA supplement and niacin, so I ordered both... I took this little combo, with my brand new 1000mg niacin capsules. Within 15 minutes my skin was beet red, fiery hot, and unbearably itchy. I recalled this sensation from eons ago - niacin flush! Oh why the hell didn’t I remember this?

After two hours my normal color returned. The next day I swallowed just the powder that fell out when I took the top off a capsule. Nope. Red hot. I suppose I wouldn’t notice withdrawal symptoms if I put myself through that a few times a day!! If anyone needs 98 1000mg niacin capsules... :) I don’t know if any human can actually take these, I think I’ll write to my vitamin supplier and find out what they were thinking lol

Stay safe, good people

Eva x
These users thanked the author PeaceEva for the post:
plaiche

StarrySky
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by StarrySky » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi PeaceEva

I have been reading your posts and they have been so helpful and informative thank you so much for taking the time to do it. Especially in the throws of withdrawing it's a hell of a time. Im planning to do something very similar to you to help me microtaper off the last 3.5mgs of Valium. But i noticed you haven't posted in awhile. It would be great to hear an update if possible. Hopefully you're off the benzo and healing.

PeaceEva

Post by PeaceEva » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:02 pm

I’m sorry I disappeared for so long. @StarrySky I’m sorry I didn’t respond timely - for some reason I don’t get emails when there are updates here.

I’m doing pretty well, I’ve been dropping 1/16mg every 2 weeks, with the exception of last time where I waited 3. Had some stressful life crap and anxiety is high enough without adding a cut. I dropped to 5/16mg exactly one week ago. I’m determined to be done with this by the end of 2020!

I am having trouble waking early and not being able to get to sleep.It’s been about 6 weeks, and I’m concerned that this isn’t lifting. I’ve never been one to function in less than 7-8 hours of sleep, and my mind won’t let me nap either. I get bombarded with thoughts at 4 a.m. and they won’t stop. :(.

I’m able to get to sleep, and grateful for that. I still need help at bedtime, though. I rotate with different combinations of tryptophan, Unisom, and extra melatonin. Occasionally I’ll need a benadryl or 2.

Made another cup of extract today. I froze in 2.5mL ice cubes today instead of a few days’ worth in 15-20 sterilized prescription bottles. Hopefully this will be less hassle than syringing up a dose each night. I’ll keep the bottles around in case I travel and need to bring a few days’ doses along.

I’m having very few physical withdrawal symptoms, which is soooo helpful. My legs are bothersome when anxiety is high, but it’s not the uncontrollable and upsetting movements like I had initially. I do some puzzles and crafts when I get “stuck” in my thoughts. I’m considering asking the doctor about buspar as an as-needed for anxiety.

I haven’t pursued a trip dose of A. Muscaria yet. I am concerned about set and setting with the stupid anxiety I’ve had.

I’m totally cool with answering any questions. :)

Peace—
Eva
Last edited by PeaceEva on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

StarrySky
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by StarrySky » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:56 pm

Hi PeaceEva

Thank you so much for the update. It sounds like you are doing well. Does the AM help you with the anxiety at all and the racing thoughts? That is what really affects me coming off valium.
Thank you
StarrySky