A call for help.

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Marv

A call for help.

Post by Marv » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi community,
I want to make a call to ask you for some help.
Here is the situation :
I currently live in the north of the Peruvian jungle and of course (you could have guessed my problem) there is no amanita growing near my place. The batch I am actually eating came with me from France and I am reaching the end of the 2kg I had.

To fix my problem I see four main possibilities :
- Travel to Columbia where I know that they grow but I have no idea of the exact time and place (I have found a few one in Bogotá and I've heard there is a lot around Medellin).
- Travel to France where I can gather and dry kilos if I want but I have to wait until September and my stock will be over months before that.
- Forget a bit about these wonderful beings until the next time I have the chance to meet them.
- Receive here in Perú a new batch from some benevolent brother or sister who would send me by mail the Powerful Ones or even better come in person and spend some time with me and my family in our very new Paradise in the upper jungle of northern Peru.

The first two solutions are expensive and not so practical in my situation. I am working everyday to create a nice place for my wife, baby, friends and others here and the little money I have have to be invested for the project.

The third solution is wise but it sounds more like the last floor on which I can still land and walk again if my flight turns bad. Good security but not his time.

I have to admit that the last solution is the one that sounds the most exiting and that fit the best to the situation. At the same time it is the only one that does not depend on me...
That is why I am making this call. Maybe someone wants to help me getting some more amanitas so I can continue my way with them. And it is not just a call for help, it is also a shy invitation, like a wink addressed to people who are curious and who dream about nature... We are always happy when someone visits Peru and comes to say hello !

NMNAT2

Re: A call for help.

Post by NMNAT2 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:31 pm

I have got the impression there is Amanita ...
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/233853675_THE_FORGOTTEN_MUSHROOMS_OF_ANCIENT_PERU?ev=prf_pub wrote: Amanita muscaria, belongs to the genus Amanita, a group of white spored basidiomycetes with a universal
veil that covers the young fruiting structure. A.muscaria is characterized by red caps with white dots that
are remnants of the torn universal veil. The stipes (stems) have a bulbous base called a volva and an annu-
lus or ring. is an ecomycorrhizal fungus that forms symbiotic relationships with a wide variety of trees, in-
cluding pine, spruce, fir, birch, and oak that are principally northern hemisphere trees. Only oaks have as
southern limit the northernmost part of the Peruvian Selva (Bush & Flenley 2007). From this perspective
it is not surprising that A. muscaria has in modern times not been recorded in Peru. How then can it be
that A. muscaria representations were found in Moche figures that are more than a thousand years old? The
first possibility is that it has to date not been carefully and extensively looked for in Peru. This remains a
likely possibility, since as mentioned, Peru remains relatively unexplored from a mycological perspective.
it may be found in the most northern part of Peru to which northern cultures would likelyhave had access.
There is also a the possibility that A muscaria uses other tree hosts in Peru. Many Amanitas in South America
from southern Brazil northward and east of the Andes are symbionts of leguminous or polygonaceous plants
and few Amanitas of the region (as well as many in the continent’s southern “cone”) may not require a my-
corrhizal partner (Tulloss R. 2006). Information from Australia, a southern hemisphere country, indicates
that A. muscaria is able to form new associations with southern beech and now is considered as a weed. It
is also invading native rainforest in Australia, where it may be displacing native species. There are also re-
ports of its association with Eucalyptus in Portugal. Thus, it is likely that in ancient times A.muscaria had
already adapted to other host trees common to the Andes in areas where its normal hosts no longer grew.
Also this:

https://www.zoomoutmycology.com/blog/th ... cient-peru
^
chr1:183,248,237-183,418,380

Marv

Post by Marv » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:21 pm

Wow ! Thanks ! Very precise answer. Helps quite a lot and gives me good hope that a proper hunt could be organized. A hunt that is case of success would create, with time and repetition, a kind of peregrination for us.
These users thanked the author Marv for the post:
NMNAT2

NMNAT2

Post by NMNAT2 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:42 pm

No worries @Marv ... That's why we are here!

You did notice there is two hyperlinks in my reply, right? On with in quote and one below the quote ...

You only need to say it out loud to and ask something from the universe and it will manifest. Hope you get good success with your hunts!

If it happens that I would teleport to the that side of the pond, let's see if we could do some gathering ... Peru and that area has always been interest of mine.

Have a good one!
^

Marv

Post by Marv » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:09 am

Thanks bro, you are invited in my home. It is a good place to rest out of the crazy world. We are up in the jungly mountains of north peru, it takes a good walk from the last pueblo to reach the land. We make garden, build our houses, craft what we need with what we find around. It is also a quiet place to work with plants or music or arts in general.
You are welcome.

Marv

Post by Marv » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:18 am

Yes I've seen both articles. Very good.

NMNAT2

Post by NMNAT2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Marv wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:09 am
Thanks bro, you are invited in my home. It is a good place to rest out of the crazy world. We are up in the jungly mountains of north peru, it takes a good walk from the last pueblo to reach the land. We make garden, build our houses, craft what we need with what we find around. It is also a quiet place to work with plants or music or arts in general.
You are welcome.
Sounds very good! Only thing that is on the way is travelling ... since I don't fly, it's rather long trip from the Arctic Circle all the way to yours. One have to change continents too :)

But thank you for your kind invitation!
^