What age is okay enough to take amanita?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Lot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What age is okay enough to take amanita?

Post by Lot » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:45 pm

Hello! I'm 17 years old and i have been watching videos and reading about amanita for about one year now. I would like to try some but I don't know if it would be risky for me since I'm not fully developed as a human being
:) Hope i get an answear
Love

NMNAT2

Re: What age is okay enough to take amanita?

Post by NMNAT2 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Hello!

I'd suggest not to make any hasty decisions ... human brains are not fully developed before around 25. Or this is the understanding at the moment. I'd personally would wait at least you are over 20 before you indulge activities involving psychoactive mushrooms of any kind.

Nobody can stop you though ... but this advice I would give to my young self couple decades ago ... if you know what I mean ;D
^
chr1:183,248,237-183,418,380

Donn

Post by Donn » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:52 pm

Lot wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:45 pm
Hope i get an answear
You'll get some answers, but I doubt there's anything real solid for you.

You probably know, there's a lot of concern over possible negative impacts on brain development among younger cannabis users, but even though that's a much more common and pressing issue and has been for years, as best as I can make out, it's still at the stage where we're trying to make sense of a bunch of small population studies, and no one is sure how that actually happens, if it does.

Compared to that, Amanita muscaria biochemistry is not even on the map. We could all be setting ourselves back an IQ point or two every time, for all we know. (The AM facebook page kind of supports that hypothesis.)

The fact that you're even thinking of it, suggests that your brain is one of the ones worth taking care of. I hope you'll exercise the same caution if you ever get to where a medical professional prescribes psychoactive drugs.
These users thanked the author Donn for the post:
NMNAT2

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:49 pm

Lot wrote:
Hello! I'm 17 years old and i have been watching videos and reading about amanita for about one year now. I would like to try some but I don't know if it would be risky for me since I'm not fully developed as a human being
Love
My personal take on this is that rec dosing is out of the question for you at this stage. Microdosing, the doses would have to be the smallest possible and as little often as possible and then watch to see how it affects you. My son has been microdosing it for about a year and it helps him tremendously but not as much as it helps me. It seems to have less of an effect and then it doesn't last as long. I have nothing to base this on but I think ancient use did use it with children to get them to sleep but only in the tiniest of amounts. And this would be why we see children with it in drawings and lore. So my personal take on it is that it is useful sparingly and tiny amounts for children then microdosing on a schedule for teens up to 25 and after that for larger doses. BUT I have no degrees or schooling or certifications and I am a random person on the internet. So use amanita at your personal discretion. But most def do not recreational dose it until mid-20's. And thank you for being a responsible consumer.
I have a few friends who have used it as needed for their children's anxiety also.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
NMNAT2
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Agw8dawas

Post by Agw8dawas » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:06 pm

Lot wrote:
Love
I would suggest you find out how the ancestors used it. The ones who knew how to work with this medicine.

Marv

Post by Marv » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:28 pm

Personally I give amanita to my 2 years old monkey baby tobacco juice and cannabis oil too. He has tried yopo seeds a few times and an angel trumpet preparation.
He took 2cm² of an amanita cap in his oats every morning for 1 month.
(My baby monkey had stroke attacks up to 8 a day, of course doctors wanted to give him a medication to stop the crisis. We refused and gave him plant medicines. That makes almost one year he did not have any stroke attack with of course no side effect, no addiction and no cost !)

How could have been my life if I would have picked and eaten amanita instead of drinking vodka when i was a teen ? If I would have chewed coca instead of sniffing coke ? Tripped with huge amounts of San Pedro instead of huge amounts of acid and ketamine ?
I really don't know but I have the feeling that when I started to get interested in all this I mostly found crappy drugs instead of real medicines.
For humaadvantagesnimals included) plants are the teachers and the doctors. The study is long and hard, we have to be autonomous, sensitive and methodic, well organized, careful and maybe the most important, responsible.
In our western societies the children are not responsible, even many adults are not responsible, they discover the medicines very late and many are not able to use them properly.
In many so called primitive societies the youngsters are responsible waaaay sooner. Some groups in the amazon start to give kambo at the age of 2, daily tobacco purges at the age of 8, heavy doses of brugmensia at the age of 10. They are not afraid of the medicines, they know the risks and the advantages, this means to me being responsible.

That would be my personal answer : the age doesn't matter, be responsible (maybe it has little effect on your reflexion because it is already a sign of responsibility to make research and ask questions before going ahead with something important and potentially risky).

Jurassicshifter2000
Has thanked: 0

Post by Jurassicshifter2000 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:06 pm

I took psilocybin first at 17 alone and can say it was life changing for the better. However I was very cautious and did lots and lots of research prior, and did everything in a sacred manner, and it was a low dose. I would say only you can decide truly, but its advisable to wait until your a bit older, unless you are really sure its the right time - for me it came naturally, it found me in synchronistic style. It depends how much respect you have for the sacrament and how switched on your brain is to that side of reality - imagination, dreams, the unknown. Our culture is not built around using these sacred teachers, so you have to take a path away from our culture and learn from other traditions. Peace

Marv

Post by Marv » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:08 pm

Well said.
Some people in our culture think that the brain development is perturbed by the use of plant medicines before the brain has reached what they call maturity. Some people in other cultures think that the use of plant medicines is what helps the person forming itself in good health conditions. Some use strong medicines at every age after cessation of breath feeding. Generally they also have "initiation medicines" that the young take when he gets fertile and have to grow to be able to have a family (many times between 12 and 16).

To take or not to take ? The question is yours and the answer is yours.

What to take, how to take and how much ? Are questions that have to be answered by a conjunction of cultural facts, personal inspiration and direct communication with the plant.

Many times advices (including this one) are lyings. Only you can know. Ask to your heart, to your body, to the plant, to the universe if it is necessary, they will all answer if you know how to listen.
Personal interest and attraction to the plant can be signs or a call from the plant. They talk without words in the mind, in the cells of our bodies. Never loose the subtle attention of the one who want to learn and they tell everything, every secret, every cure, they show everything to the one who looks with the eyes of the child he has always been. He has to enter clean and innocent like the child he has always been and they will make him grow a real human. If he is not clean and innocent they will show him how to be a child back so he can enter the real world. The actual adult world is eating the child world like a big monster. Never forget who you are !

"- A man is adrift !!! A MAN IS ADRIFT !!
- NO ! He is just playing with words and ideas. He knows that his mind can travel through everything, he has no limit, everything is a game for him and death is his best friend. He is free and no one can catch him. He can hear them spitting their slime against him but the truth always win the game, he is pure love and pure truth and he doesn't have to fight with anyone because he understands who he is and why others are like this. He believes everyone is true and correct, he often think that everyone has the right to live and experiment absolutely everything without limitations. He doesn't consider mistakes to be bad things even if they lead to death. He has no fear, he his loved and loves unconditionally.
- You are all lost, you and your guy...
- Maybe, but there is always a price for knowledge.
- I prefer security.
- I prefer life secrets.
- That is risky.
- I know and assume."

NMNAT2

Post by NMNAT2 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:49 am

The traditions and culture and all is almost completely different in our modern days compared to the world our ancestors lived in. Our modern lives are filled with all kinds of pollution and toxic whatnots ... not only physiological, but also mental/spiritual.

In the olden days people were much more connected to the nature and one could say they "grew up more naturally". In fact 17 years old was more of an adult not long time ago ... generation back or something ... But much more people lived in the rural areas and in the nature than nowadays. Also we have lost our small communities, families and all that which were very present when our ancestors lived. Even in the small villages things has changed and there is less of the communal stuff happening. This, of course, varies between places, but one could say this, unfortunately, is the case in general.

"It takes a village to bring up a child."

This proverb rings very true all over the world. Our modern days we don't really have families even. Yes, I know there are those who still value these all so important things our ancestors valued too ... but in general in our "societies" were have lost all things tribal. Kids are raised by screens and some other people instead of their own relatives. We are raised to be "individuals" and not part of something. This is bad. Trees that has no roots will fall in the wind ... same is with people.

All this said, as others have mentioned this also ... "You know, when you are ready" And if you are not sure ... then you probably shouldn't do things that can have "interesting" results.

In my initial reply I said:
NMNAT2 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:59 pm
I'd suggest not to make any hasty decisions ... human brains are not fully developed before around 25. Or this is the understanding at the moment. I'd personally would wait at least you are over 20 before you indulge activities involving psychoactive mushrooms of any kind.

Nobody can stop you though ... but this advice I would give to my young self couple decades ago ... if you know what I mean ;D
And I still stick with it. I can only give anecdotal answers to this kind of thing. I'm not you, you are not me. No other people know you better than you yourself, right? If you see no problem, why not ...
^
chr1:183,248,237-183,418,380

Donn

Post by Donn » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:45 pm

NMNAT2 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:49 am
No other people know you better than you yourself, right? If you see no problem, why not ...
Maybe because there's a physical reality out there that is independent of your viewpoint, your own brain cells are part of that reality, and you don't know exactly what happens to them during an experience with Amanita psychoactives. Just a thought.

Would you have the same casual attitude if someone asked "hey, should I sniff glue? Can't decide!"?

I've made up my own mind that (at 65) I can afford whatever's going to happen to me with a light dose of Amanita, and anyone else will have to come to their own conclusions for themselves. We have no reliable information on the long term or low level risks. So it adds up to about the same thing, but just for the record, there is an answer to "why not?"