How to grow from spores in my home?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Seeyourself
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How to grow from spores in my home?

Post by Seeyourself » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:13 pm

Is there a way to grow Amanita at home? If so can I use a piece of dried amanita... will it contain spores?

Donn

Re: How to grow from spores in my home?

Post by Donn » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:35 pm

If it wasn't dried hot, there may be some viable spores, and you could take it out into the forest and put it in the ground next to a tree you think might make a good friend. Like pine, birch, spruce. In a few years you might see some results. Or might not.

They won't really thrive indoors, without trees - that's how they live, is in symbiosis with tree roots.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:35 am

Seeyourself wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:13 pm
Is there a way to grow Amanita at home? If so can I use a piece of dried amanita... will it contain spores?
Yeah Donn speaks truth. These guys have to live in the wild and create a relationship with a tree. Can't cultivate them. Be ready for your season and look forward to it!
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:34 am

Seeyourself wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:13 pm
Or you can attempt to grow the "fleece" that comes from the dried muscaria. It has become my great passion and I have found it very rewarding. It is not true amanita mycelium, but appears to be an endophyt mold that grows within the amanita mushrooms. It's role is totally unknown and there is no research being done to find out more, but it can be easily grown at home and being a daily consumer I believe not only is it totally safe but also is one of those immunity boosting "medicinal" fungi, in addition to the psychoactive effects unique to the fleece. If you like the idea of dancing on the cutting edge of the unknown with crazy guys like me (lol!) then check out our culturing threads under the Ambrosia Society (click Board Index/Amanita Muscaria/Ambrosia Society). Good luck!