Preparing Amanita Muscaria!

Feel free to discuss what you want.
psychedelicauroras
Has thanked: 0

Preparing Amanita Muscaria!

Post by psychedelicauroras » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:52 am

Hey guys! Im new to this and I am getting my very first ounce of amanita muscaria in the mail very soon. I have been reading about the methods of preparation, and I have read some contradicting statements. On one site, it was said that when making tea, all of the ibotenic acid leeches out of the mushrooms and stays in the water/tea. If this is true, wouldn't you not want to drink the tea at all, and only eat the soggy mushroom? And then I also read somewhere else that during this process, ALL of the ibotenic acid is converted into Muscimol, both in the tea water and the soggy shroom. My question is, which of these are true? Thanks guys!

Edit: also one last thing, are there any tips or tricks you would recommend that is useful to convert every last bit of ibotenic acid to muscimol?

Donn

Re: Preparing Amanita Muscaria!

Post by Donn » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:10 pm

1. Yes, pretty much all the ibotenic acid leaches out. That's what you do, if you want to eat it for food.

1.b. Therefore, if you aren't just eating them for food, you want to drink the tea. Not only the ibotenic acid leached into it, but also all the muscimol.

2. No, there's plenty of ibotenic acid in the tea. Through preparation, you can convert some to muscimol, with heat and non-neutral pH (typically acidic), but the majority will remain.

Ibotenic acid is not so poisonous. Ibotenic acid and muscimol are to some extent the same thing in different forms, and it may indeed all end up as muscimol in your body, I think we don't entirely know about that. Everyone who's been consuming these Amanitas, has been getting lots of ibotenic acid, because much more plentiful than muscimol and the preparation techniques don't even account for the majority of it. There's some reason to think its psychoactive properties are similar to muscimol, but a little different - less sedate, perhaps.

And there's more stuff in there. Amanitas are big natural pharmacies, that haven't been so extensively researched because no one really cares about all that stuff. We all talk a lot about ibotenic acid and muscimol and start to sound like we know all about it, but what we really know is, people eat these mushrooms and seem to survive.

psychedelicauroras

Post by psychedelicauroras » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:28 pm

Ahh i see, so there is most definitely still ibotenic acid left in the tea. so is there any way to get around consuming it, aside from lemon teks etc. that will DEFINITELY get it out? because im not trying to get nasuea... then again i will only be taking a microdose, so maybe i wont?

psychedelicauroras

Post by psychedelicauroras » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:29 pm

also one more thing, would simply baking it in the oven till its crisp and like a cracker convert all of the ibotenic acid?

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:17 am

psychedelicauroras wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:28 pm
Ahh i see, so there is most definitely still ibotenic acid left in the tea. so is there any way to get around consuming it, aside from lemon teks etc. that will DEFINITELY get it out? because im not trying to get nasuea... then again i will only be taking a microdose, so maybe i wont?
Studies show that using lemon, in addition to having dried it at heat then boiled/simmered it for 20 minutes will convert upwards of 80% of it and if you're microdosing it's not an issue. I have taken large quantities of it using lemon tek and the other conversions and haven't had nausea. The only time I got nauseous was smoking it.
I've done very little conversion and microdosed with no nausea.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Donn

Post by Donn » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:48 pm

Same here I think - no nausea problems. The mushrooms probably vary, though.