Feel free to discuss what you want.
almudenauk
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Breastfeeding safety

Post by almudenauk » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:54 am

Drug Levels and Effects

Summary of Use during Lactation

Amatoxins are water soluble, heat stable polypeptides found in Amanita (most often Amanita phalloides ), Galerina and some Lepiota species. The main toxin from the species A. phalloides is alpha-amanitin, a cyclic octapeptide. It is a potent inhibitor of RNA polymerases that blocks the production of mRNA and protein synthesis in liver and kidney cells.[1] In one case, an infant developed elevated liver enzymes after nursing once 11.5 hours after maternal ingestion of Amanita phalloides. However, two recent, well-documented cases found no adverse effects in breastfed infants and no amatoxin in the milk. Nevertheless, mothers suspected of having Amanita mushroom poisoning probably should not breastfeed until they have recovered or toxicologic screening of the breastmilk has ruled out.

Drug Levels

Maternal Levels. A 32-year-old mother shared a meal of foraged mushrooms (Amanita bisporigera), and developed symptoms 15 hours post-ingestion. Amatoxin was undetectable in the milk, although the timing of the milk sample was not stated.[2]

A 33-year-old woman picked about 200 mushrooms in the forest in France. She cooked and ate some of them, then breastfed her 5-month-old daughter 3 times a day over the next 36 hours. The mushrooms were identified as mainly Amanita phalloides along with Paxillus involutus, Amanita rubescens, and Chlorophyllum rhacodes. The mother’s urine collected in the emergency department was positive for amatoxin. A breastmilk sample collected 41 hours postingestion had no detectable amatoxin by LC-MS/MS.[3]

Infant Levels. Relevant published information was not found as of the revision date.

For ptsd though I would recommend psilocybin shrooms instead. I am a doula, a breastfeeding peer supporter and a mother and indeed a micro doser and between my two kids, I have been breastfeeding 11.5 years in a row.
Hope it helps