I introduce myself

Feel free to discuss what you want.
AleNov
Has thanked: 0

I introduce myself

Post by AleNov » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Hi, I'm an independent Italian researcher. We too were experimenting with fly agaric. We would like to share information
These users thanked the author AleNov for the post:
Amanita Research

Amanita Research
Site Admin

Re: I introduce myself

Post by Amanita Research » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:44 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'd be very interested to hear of any research you have done. Only recently I've turned my attention to the Eleusinian Mysteries and whether Amanita Muscaria had any role in their ceremonies. It is still debated, of course, but see below for a brief overview. I've seen Greco-Roman mosaics which included Amanita Muscaria so they were certainly aware of it.

http://www.x-sandra.com/valencic/valencic/ivan.htm

They appear to have been collecting them back in Roman times as can be seen here:

Aquileia_mushrooms.jpg
Aquileia_mushrooms.jpg (11.64 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
This date from around 330AD at the Basilica of Aquileia and may support Allegro's views that it was involved in the early days of Christianity also.

Source

But yes, I'm very much interested and any and all research. I'd love to know what your reserch has revealed to you.

AleNov

Post by AleNov » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:42 pm

it is an old dispute. In discussing with Gilberto Camilla, Gianluca Toro and Giorgio Samorini it seems that the mushrooms in question do not confirm Allegro's theory. Franco Fabbro instead is in favor. I am developing a research project with Gianluca Toro and I have known Camilla and Samorini very well for many years and I agree with them that the Basilica di Aquileia mushrooms should not be considered.

https://www.ibs.it/neuropsicologia-dell ... d=47399928

https://www.google.com/search?q=camilla ... XVyW9RXPeM

https://www.google.com/search?q=gianluc ... n1FjNL7k5M

https://www.google.com/search?q=giorgio ... W862w-8y0M
Amanita Research

Amanita Research
Site Admin

Post by Amanita Research » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:58 am

Very interesting, may I ask why? I don't know enough about it to have a firm opinion one way or the other. (And thanks for the links, I'll need to get some friends of mine to translate the Italian for me).

AleNov

Post by AleNov » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:59 am

an article in Italian on the research I'm doing with Gianluca Toro. I discovered your forum because I'm doing a search for anecdotal data

https://psycorenet.org/amanita-muscaria ... epressivo/
Amanita Research

Donn

Post by Donn » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:34 pm

For me, the "psychedelic" connection is an unfortunate error. People who go to the fly agaric looking for a psychedelic experience are typically disappointed, and it's too easy to make this mistake even without people promoting it in this way. It does have the potential to induce vivid alternate-consciousness states (they say), but of a character that arguably isn't very much like the classic psychedeilc alkaloids, and the quantities necessary pose some risk as it's fairly high on the toxicity curve and the mushroom is unpredicably variable from one to the next.

I'm not here to argue with anyone who is into doing just that, I'm just saying it ought not to be promoted to the general public.
These users thanked the author Donn for the post:
Amanita Research

Amanita Research
Site Admin

Post by Amanita Research » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:14 pm

@AleNov Interesting. This article may be relevant to your studies. I know that muscimol and gaboxadol have been researched for their possible anti-depressive and sleep aiding properties in the past. Both have been dropped as being too unpredictable and having inappropriate side-effects in most circumstances. My understanding is gabaxadol itself was developed to try and reign in some of muscimol's more wild aspects.

From the (non-scientific) article:
Since Merck’s 2007 discontinuation, gaboxadol has been unsuccessfully tried as an adjunct to SSRI-based antidepressant therapy, but all subsequent analyses have further supported its efficacy as a hypnotic, particularly in the elderly.
Source

@Donn I agree entirely.

AleNov

Post by AleNov » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:59 am

@Amanita Research About.. "Aquileia mushrooms" , both in shape and color and in context, are not hallucinogenic mushrooms, but probably Amanita caesarea.
Last edited by AleNov on Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amanita Research

AleNov

Post by AleNov » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:09 am

About.. "Aquileia mushrooms" , both in shape and color and in context, are not hallucinogenic mushrooms, but probably Amanita caesarea.

AleNov

Post by AleNov » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:41 am

@Amanita Research thanks for the report, interesting article