Farewell Ambrosia Society

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Mcpato

Re: Farewell Ambrosia Society

Post by Mcpato » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:40 pm

@mycholys
If you haven't checked it out yet take a look at our cultivation thread.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=219

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:58 pm

mycholys wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:34 pm
hello every body i jump on your tread

since 2 month i work with the fleece

i started from an isolation on agar plate from amanita muscaria and pantherina ( to much contaminant starting direclty from dryed sample collected in the nature )

from the microscope observation their are definitely from the mucor rhizopus family

the mucor from A.Pantherina present gray shade and shorter columella than the mucor from A.Muscaria

i greew it with good result on :

grape juice
apple juice
water + honey

rice
corn
barley

the mucor look like to be able to grow in aerobic and anaerobic environment

i tried to drink the fleece ambrosia wine after 21 days : no effect or very littles
same result with the living bread

so i infused the bred in the ambrosia wine expecting a stronger effect but same little effect hard to differentiate from a placebo effect

any body had a real psychedelic experience with it ?

i do not think be growing not the good mucor because
i tried different Amanita sample for be sure to identify the only mucor common to all the samples
when i compare my mucor to the ambrosia society pictures they really look like same
my wine is showing the same reaction with the sugar than in ambrosia society video

many questions :

-mucor have a psychoactive effect? ( any real trip report ? )
-the mucor do produce any active substance ? should be interesting to analyses a wine sample before and after to the heat process ( i am already contacting differents labs)
-some mucor are know for produce organic acid : ergo
-do an analysis for : iboteic acid , muscinol, and derivates + ergo derivates
- some mucor are know for food intoxication , the same mucor can be toxic or not : depend of the support/ nutriment
- the compound production from Amanita mucor it is affected by the growing support ? ( if it produce any compound )
- mucor are know to parasite Agarical , maybe it is an unknown mucor parasiting A.Muscaria and a different cultivar for A. Pantherina?
- can be a symbiosis of differents mucor or/and bacteries ?
- what is his relation with Amanita Muscaria ?
- if we can grow it easily on any substrat with sugar why we do not found naturally this mucor on other place than A;muscaria ?

i had many strong and life changing experience with Amanita but untill now nothing with the fleece

any info ? any experiences ?
Wow i responded with a very thorough reply before and just now noticed for some reason it didn't post??

Anyways, i cant be quite as elaborate in my response but I just want to say that it is my belief that you have the wrong fleece, since you felt no psychoactive effect whatsoever. The fleece's true effect is subtle, but also very distinct and repetitive. Fyi i worked hard for almost a full year cultivating at least 3 different mucor-like molds that had derived from the amanita caps before i found the one cap that gave me the psychoactive effect. The other molds may have had very subtle mood boosting, almost nootropic effects at best, but I almost gave up because they weren't in the least psychoactive like I had been lead to believe they could be. My persistence paid off. Just understand that the mushrooms themselves are not in the least sterile, and a variety of mucor molds could be present. AND, if the mushroom cap was dried at a high temperature, the endogenous psychoactive fleece could have been neutralized. I bought a large bag of caps and went through the whole bag and each cap was a dud, except my 2nd to last one, which gave me the fleece!!! Now, all my fleece experiments all come from that one lucky find! So if you picked your own and let it dry at low heat you will probably be very successful!

So, I hope this doesn't discourage you. The agar method is a great idea to obtain very clean fleece! I have found that if I just grow a moldy mess with barley using ground amanita and waiting just a few days, the fleece will poke out pretty quickly and it is easy enough to isolate some of it's living fuzz and throw it into another clean jar of "substrate". Its the spirit of using agar, without the finesse. Lol

Don't give up! We're just scratching the surface of what the fleece has to offer. But YES! IT IS DEFINITELY PSYCHOACTIVE!! Once you experience it the idea of it being placebo is easily discarded. Please join our discussion in the thread I posted before, there is also an ambrosia thread.

Good luck and thank you!!
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post:
Nycology

Waldo
Has thanked: 0

Post by Waldo » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:04 pm

Would it be possible to get your updated step by step directions to get from the bread to Ambrosia? If it's already on the site please let us know where.
These users thanked the author Waldo for the post:
Nycology

moths2flame

Post by moths2flame » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:26 am

Does anyone know where I can find instructions for the fleece?

moths2flame

Post by moths2flame » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:37 am

You guys seem to have a wealth of knowledge on this subject. Is there a book out there? Or how did you all learn?
These users thanked the author moths2flame for the post:
Nycology

fantanyl

Post by fantanyl » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:01 pm

moths2flame wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:37 am
You guys seem to have a wealth of knowledge on this subject. Is there a book out there? Or how did you all learn?
the founder of the ambrosia society (Donald E. Teeter) wrote a book about the amanita mushroom and the fleece and a couple of month ago you could still download it from the mainpage of the ambrosia society (https://ambrosiasociety.org), but unfortunatly the page isnt available anymore ... dont know if this happens from time to time and is usal or not ...
i´ll put it the attachments, i´d definitly recommend it if you are interested in the fleece,
but i´d say i´m definitly no expert in the fleece, but its a good read and a couple of instructions are there
also in this forum there are many experiments in the ambrosia section, check it out
viewforum.php?f=40
hope it helps :)

Edit: damn its to big for the attachments, and enzipping doesnt make it smaller, any suggestions how i coulc post it in another way ?
Edit 2: found it on archive.org,very usefull webside, there are different download options, one of them as pdf
https://archive.org/details/pdfy-Oj2Cp7 ... H/mode/2up
if the link gets broken in the far future, the full name of the book is "Amanita Muscarita [Herb Of Immortality]" by Donald E. Teeter
These users thanked the author fantanyl for the post:
Nycology

Nycology
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nycology » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:45 am

I had bought some AM from Russia few months ago . Cloning the cap like any other mushroom in an water agar.
Mycelium seen . Took the mycelium from the water agar and re inoculate into another agar( Paul Stemets Agar) . Spurting with Mycelium in a week . All this done in sterile manner to avoid contamination .

Drop a small cube of the agar plate with AM mycelium into Grape Juice , Malt drink , Boiled brown rice water and coconut water . Fleece grew in a few days . The feature of fleece grown is exactly what Don described in his book and many picture the posted in this forum .

With me saying this , I can conclude that this fleece is the mycelium of AM !

Unfortunately , we cannot reproduce this fleece to mushroom like many other fungi . As AM is an Endomychorizal fungi , it needs a symbiotic host .

I have tried growing Blue minis ( cubensis ) in coconut water . It grew and gives out fleece , like AM did .
Fortunately for Cubensis , we can reproduce mushroom from the fleece that grew in the coconut water .
Therefore , I concluded that the fleece from the coconut water that I inoculated into the grain is actual MYCELIUM of the cubensis .

FLEECE = MYCELIUM

Some here disclaimed Dons work of growing the fleece from AM . They can say " pseudo science , not proven theory and etc " .

They are basically protecting their business of selling AM mushroom , While we are just growing the AM mycelium at home .

fantanyl

Post by fantanyl » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:49 pm

Nycology wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:45 am
I had bought some AM from Russia few months ago . Cloning the cap like any other mushroom in an water agar.
Mycelium seen . Took the mycelium from the water agar and re inoculate into another agar( Paul Stemets Agar) . Spurting with Mycelium in a week . All this done in sterile manner to avoid contamination .

Drop a small cube of the agar plate with AM mycelium into Grape Juice , Malt drink , Boiled brown rice water and coconut water . Fleece grew in a few days . The feature of fleece grown is exactly what Don described in his book and many picture the posted in this forum .

With me saying this , I can conclude that this fleece is the mycelium of AM !

Unfortunately , we cannot reproduce this fleece to mushroom like many other fungi . As AM is an Endomychorizal fungi , it needs a symbiotic host .

I have tried growing Blue minis ( cubensis ) in coconut water . It grew and gives out fleece , like AM did .
Fortunately for Cubensis , we can reproduce mushroom from the fleece that grew in the coconut water .
Therefore , I concluded that the fleece from the coconut water that I inoculated into the grain is actual MYCELIUM of the cubensis .

FLEECE = MYCELIUM

Some here disclaimed Dons work of growing the fleece from AM . They can say " pseudo science , not proven theory and etc " .

They are basically protecting their business of selling AM mushroom , While we are just growing the AM mycelium at home .
Very nice !
I´m very interested in the way you did isolate the fleece on agar as this is the next thing i want to try
Here you can find my experiments, thoughts and theories about the fleece and its cultivation:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35&start=60
I´d love to see there or in other threads new discussions on the fleece
did you already try some of your brews ? maybe can describe the effects you got ?
whatever it is mycelium or mucor would love to read more of your conclusions on it :)