A. Muscaria variants differ chemically?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
PeaceEva

A. Muscaria variants differ chemically?

Post by PeaceEva » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:42 am

TL;DR: Is A muscaria var. guessowii weak compared to other variants? I know that conditions change potency, but someone who is normally very accurate in her mushroom knowledge commented that our local variation of amanita muscaria is “weak”. I was under the understanding that all of them (like cubensis) would possess similar chemical makeup. Can anyone weigh in? I’m using the extract to control the withdrawal effects of discontinuing benzodiazepines.

I began this journey after the season was over last year, so I’ve been purchasing dry caps from a vendor in Washington state. These had red caps, presumably var. flavivolata (sp?). Where I am we have var guessowii (orange). I’m in a local foraging group on facebook, and people are beginning to find them. I’m hesitant to ask much because this is a quite conservative area. But there were 2 guys joking about selling them to idiots because they walk by hundreds every year. I want to know where!! I’ve never seen them nearby. I’m hoping I can directly message a few of the people who seem more progressive in their comments, in order to find locations. Has anyone come up with a way of asking that doesn’t evoke the “must be a kid trying to get high” reaction?

Buying them is expensive, and I think picking and processing myself can be an exercise in reverence, as far as ritual goes. The further I get from pharmaceuticals, the more I‘m trying to change my mindset about “medicine” in the natural world, not just slamming handfuls of pills every morning and night.

I’m having a particularly crappy day today, emotionally, so my mind isn’t terribly clear. I can’t recall if it’s muscimol that bonds to the gaba receptors, or what it is. Here’s my real conundrum: since I’ve never trip-dosed, I’m unsure how to know how potent any given tincture is. How the heck can I measure this? Or do I push my microdose until I can feel something? (Hell, I’m unsure what the mini dose effect even is). Ok, I’m rambling now, and I apologize. xx

tgt1002

Re: A. Muscaria variants differ chemically?

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:22 pm

safest way to go about it is to make and store a very large batch. You can then slowly up your dose to determine potency of that batch for you. I would advise taking small breaks in between new dosages to prevent potential tolerance from building.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:11 am

PeaceEva wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:42 am
TL;DR: Is A muscaria var. guessowii weak compared to other variants? I know that conditions change potency, but someone who is normally very accurate in her mushroom knowledge commented that our local variation of amanita muscaria is “weak”. I was under the understanding that all of them (like cubensis) would possess similar chemical makeup. Can anyone weigh in? I’m using the extract to control the withdrawal effects of discontinuing benzodiazepines.

I began this journey after the season was over last year, so I’ve been purchasing dry caps from a vendor in Washington state. These had red caps, presumably var. flavivolata (sp?). Where I am we have var guessowii (orange). I’m in a local foraging group on facebook, and people are beginning to find them. I’m hesitant to ask much because this is a quite conservative area. But there were 2 guys joking about selling them to idiots because they walk by hundreds every year. I want to know where!! I’ve never seen them nearby. I’m hoping I can directly message a few of the people who seem more progressive in their comments, in order to find locations. Has anyone come up with a way of asking that doesn’t evoke the “must be a kid trying to get high” reaction?

Buying them is expensive, and I think picking and processing myself can be an exercise in reverence, as far as ritual goes. The further I get from pharmaceuticals, the more I‘m trying to change my mindset about “medicine” in the natural world, not just slamming handfuls of pills every morning and night.

I’m having a particularly crappy day today, emotionally, so my mind isn’t terribly clear. I can’t recall if it’s muscimol that bonds to the gaba receptors, or what it is. Here’s my real conundrum: since I’ve never trip-dosed, I’m unsure how to know how potent any given tincture is. How the heck can I measure this? Or do I push my microdose until I can feel something? (Hell, I’m unsure what the mini dose effect even is). Ok, I’m rambling now, and I apologize. xx
Yes different areas have different potencies, and different varieties have different potencies. It is said the ones in america are stronger than European but so far I have found the opposite. And in general I have a patch that I think is fairly weak. You can't compare amanitas to psilocybins in just about anything other than they are mushrooms.
I don't give much concern to people who want to judge me or my need to dose. And recreational use is also just as valid. I say ask who you want. Let them deal with their own issues of judgement.
Watch my dosing videos.
BIG hugs.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

PeaceEva

Post by PeaceEva » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:52 am

Thank you. I’ll try just asking people when they start posting pictures of their finds.

When one moves closer to a mini dose than a micro, what symptoms are most common? Daily, I take 2.5mL of the solution made with 250mL + 15g of mushrooms that @amanitadreamer describes. I get the red variety from Washington state. I’ve never taken enough to truly test the potency. I guess I should before converting over to my local guessowii variety.

When I compared to cubensis, I only meant in respect to the variations being of a similar makeup, so I thought the muscaria variations would be similar to each other chemically.

:)

p.s. does anyone else have trouble with the forum not emailing notifications?

x

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:58 am

I never get emails but I personally prefer it that way. I have set up forums before and getting emailing to work can be a bitch depending on how you do it. If the person managing the forum needs an email server to provide email updates I have a personal one that could be used so he or she can reach out to me if setting that up is desired, but it could just be a profile setting I haven't picked around since I don't want emails
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:10 am

PeaceEva wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:52 am
Thank you. I’ll try just asking people when they start posting pictures of their finds.

When one moves closer to a mini dose than a micro, what symptoms are most common? Daily, I take 2.5mL of the solution made with 250mL + 15g of mushrooms that @amanitadreamer describes. I get the red variety from Washington state. I’ve never taken enough to truly test the potency. I guess I should before converting over to my local guessowii variety.

When I compared to cubensis, I only meant in respect to the variations being of a similar makeup, so I thought the muscaria variations would be similar to each other chemically.

:)

p.s. does anyone else have trouble with the forum not emailing notifications?

x
Yes, all muscarias/persicinas are mostly ibotenic acid and small amounts of muscimol. The potency from yours to guesowii aren't a concern. The bigger concern is just that each mushroom has widely varying amounts. And it's only a general statement saying american vs european. Any batch you make of any variety could be really weak or really strong. And every time you make it you have to start over figuring out the dosing on it.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

ryrymckinnon
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ryrymckinnon » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:49 am

I love in randle, wa at cascade peaks campground. Everywhere around here has a.muscaria(all kinds), amongst many other mushrooms that are with picking. I don't know of anywhere else you would see miles of dirt road, both sides the ditch is absolutely covered with thousand of them. Just saying