Developing the Wiki

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Amanita Research
Site Admin

Developing the Wiki

Post by Amanita Research » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:40 pm

Hey All,

I was just wondering if any of you would like to assist in getting our Wiki up and running?

I’ve imported many pages from Wikipedia and have them pretty much set up (there may be specific wikipedia plugins I’ve missed here and there, but generally we’ve got it covered). See here for example. There are hundreds of pages already imported as I thought they would act as good starting points for us to use to add links relevant to our research (such as those found in the scientific section of this website).

I did have it set to open access but we were swarmed with wikispam so will probably be running it with approved editors for now. I’d like to open it up publicly but until we have enough people keeping an eye on it that won’t be possible.

Alternately, if there is no interest in the wiki, perhaps I’ll repurpose the main domain for something else.

I look forwards to hearing your thoughts.

tgt1002

Re: Developing the Wiki

Post by tgt1002 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:33 pm

I would love to help, but I'm too bogged down with work atm. If that changes I'll let you know
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post:
Amanita Research
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

Amanita Research
Site Admin

Post by Amanita Research » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:51 am

@tgt1002 Thanks for getting back to me. I guess we'll have to leave this until there is more interest. A shame as I think we have a lot of content to tie together now regarding the science and mythology of it all.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:48 am

Amanita Research wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:51 am
@tgt1002 Thanks for getting back to me. I guess we'll have to leave this until there is more interest. A shame as I think we have a lot of content to tie together now regarding the science and mythology of it all.
I need the wiki as you know but right now my learning curve is steep on many things in my life and learning any computer type thing is off the table.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer