Big News

Feel free to discuss what you want.
tgt1002

Big News

Post by tgt1002 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 pm

I may have done it. I may have found an affordable way for us to get lab tests on samples. It's a long story and I won't go into it publicly here, but I have a contact that regularly gets lab work done in India and the same test that costs $2000 dollars was maybe $100 dollars there and he works with this lab regularly to test products his company sells. This will obviously take a while as it will involve getting a sample to India, bit I want to start getting ready.

First step I need to make a list of every chem I want to test for

Obviously ibotenic acid and muscimol and muscazone I was also thinking I should test for all the ama and phalo toxins since they can have trace amounts and I'm working with mushrooms I did not pick and identify

Any thoughts welcome here. I plan to make as large a batch of full spectrum extract as I can and then work out the details of sending a sample to get tested. I will then be able to say exactly what is in it and at what concentrations which would be really useful info imo.

Any thoughts welcome. I know this may be premature excitement, but I think this is a big step in the right direction.
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post (total 5):
RebisAmanita ResearchMattpiwek40drabzz
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

djf
Has thanked: 0

Re: Big News

Post by djf » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:04 am

That's nice, good work :)

Personally I would be mostly interested in knowing how different preparation methods affect the muscimol to ibotenic acid ratio.

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:48 pm

I would to, but I am just going to start with a general analysis of a large batch I plan to make
~IDK who said this

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:13 pm

Wonderful news!

Once I can get a good sample of fleece I will let you know! I'm very curious about what is truly contained within the fleece samples... I'm wondering if it is possible that there are precursor chemicals to Ibotenic Acid contained within it. I'm not versed in the scienctific jargon so its hard for me to follow, but it sounds like they have done some work studying how the amanita muscaria forms ibotenic acid/muscimol already and I think it would be great to include all the variations in the search done by the lab. 3-hydroxyglutamate was one, and i didnt really understand the rest but you can see it here:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... .202001870
Thank you @tgt1002 for all your hard work!

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:30 pm

Mcpato wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:13 pm
Wonderful news!

Once I can get a good sample of fleece I will let you know! I'm very curious about what is truly contained within the fleece samples... I'm wondering if it is possible that there are precursor chemicals to Ibotenic Acid contained within it. I'm not versed in the scienctific jargon so its hard for me to follow, but it sounds like they have done some work studying how the amanita muscaria forms ibotenic acid/muscimol already and I think it would be great to include all the variations in the search done by the lab. 3-hydroxyglutamate was one, and i didnt really understand the rest but you can see it here:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... .202001870
Thank you @tgt1002 for all your hard work!
Yeah first step is first. I will make a large full spectrum extract with ever clear and distilled water. I will be as sterile about it as I can and filter it as well as I can as well. Then I will work out through my contact what info we need and how much to send and hopefully I can get back a nice lab report on the sample. Depending on the cost and how that goes we can work on next steps with fleece and whatever else we may decide is worth testing.
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post:
Mcpato
~IDK who said this

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:53 pm

So I am thinking the following:

Heavy Metals (I want to have various samples tested for this because this mushroom is known to accumulate them from the environment and it would be interesting to see how bad it actually is from different places)
Muscimol
Muscazone
Ibotenic Acid
Muscarine
Amatoxins
Phallotoxins
ViroToxins

anything else anyone thinks I should add to this list?
~IDK who said this

JLFpoisonous

Post by JLFpoisonous » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:58 am

I would go with the first four, with muscazone at the lowest priority. There won’t be any ama/phallo-toxins in muscaria.

Re ibo-muscimol and muscarine:
1) focus on certain processes/conditions that serve to convert ibo into muscimol.
2) focus on the old controversy over the amount of muscarine contained in muscaria.

1. Everyone wants to know the best way to prepare muscaria for ‘medicinal’ / ‘therapeutic’ benefit. Recommended methods vary greatly, as do their successes, because the science is stark.

2. While the official word in the last hundred years or so on whether there is sufficient muscarine in muscaria to evoke a toxic reaction has went from ‘yes’ to ‘no’, at least half the trip and poisoning reports still list classic muscarine symptoms. More study is obviously needed.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:40 pm

tgt1002 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 pm
I may have done it. I may have found an affordable way for us to get lab tests on samples. It's a long story and I won't go into it publicly here, but I have a contact that regularly gets lab work done in India and the same test that costs $2000 dollars was maybe $100 dollars there and he works with this lab regularly to test products his company sells. This will obviously take a while as it will involve getting a sample to India, bit I want to start getting ready.

First step I need to make a list of every chem I want to test for

Obviously ibotenic acid and muscimol and muscazone I was also thinking I should test for all the ama and phalo toxins since they can have trace amounts and I'm working with mushrooms I did not pick and identify

Any thoughts welcome here. I plan to make as large a batch of full spectrum extract as I can and then work out the details of sending a sample to get tested. I will then be able to say exactly what is in it and at what concentrations which would be really useful info imo.

Any thoughts welcome. I know this may be premature excitement, but I think this is a big step in the right direction.
I would want to go with safety first so the conversion of ibo being highest priority then the heavy metals thing...
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:40 pm

gonna be some time before I can access this resource thanks to COVID :/
~IDK who said this