what is appropriate to sell

Feel free to discuss what you want.
AlaskanGuy
Has thanked: 0

what is appropriate to sell

Post by AlaskanGuy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:31 pm

just asking, what do folks think is an appropriate for sale price for amanita, if one was to sell and quality/preparedness was properly executed? i have a giant surplus every year and will be going out again today. I usually come home with a 5 gallon bucket filled to the brim on every hunt. i am not really interested in making a bunch of money, but more interested in gaining enough to upgrade my drying systems from the plastic oval type that dont last due to high use and temps.. i depend on my dryers for all sorts of things besides just mushrooms... i dry pretty much everything from the garden that is surplus, and can whatever is not appropriate for drying...

sooooo what do you guys think... i am generally talking about what will fit in Gallon Jars quanity... not really interested in small amounts like they do on ebay...

AG

zhurd!1809
Been thanked: 0

Re: what is appropriate to sell

Post by zhurd!1809 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:52 pm

AlaskanGuy wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:31 pm
just asking, what do folks think is an appropriate for sale price for amanita, if one was to sell and quality/preparedness was properly executed? i have a giant surplus every year and will be going out again today. I usually come home with a 5 gallon bucket filled to the brim on every hunt. i am not really interested in making a bunch of money, but more interested in gaining enough to upgrade my drying systems from the plastic oval type that dont last due to high use and temps.. i depend on my dryers for all sorts of things besides just mushrooms... i dry pretty much everything from the garden that is surplus, and can whatever is not appropriate for drying...

sooooo what do you guys think... i am generally talking about what will fit in Gallon Jars quanity... not really interested in small amounts like they do on ebay...
I think buyers want properly prepared A.M. I was hoping to find someone who a half pound or more at a time.

AG

Alek

Post by Alek » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:41 pm

I've done a fair amount of looking online into vendors/prices because it doesn't seem like they grow too much around me. Usually see around 1oz for $30-40, obviously gets a little cheaper the more you buy at once.

One thing that I've read about vendors and peoples experiences with them is that some dry at little or no heat. Personally I would prefer them to be dried at the appropriate temperature to convert some of the ibotenic acid. So, at least for me, this would be a plus with yours.

If you were selling directly to a person, considering this post along with your other post about location & 1/2 day trip to the post office, I think about $15-25/oz would be a very fair price. As for selling to a vendor that resells I don't have much of an estimate.

I'm curious how much you could fit in a gallon jar at once. Any idea?

I will mention that having a nice dehydrator is amazing and very fun to experiment with. It sounds like you dry/dehydrate a lot so it would definitely be worth it to get something nice.

Nomasklonopin

Post by Nomasklonopin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:37 pm

if one was extremely proficient with respect to both "Drying Time", and "Curing Time" I would personally pay $40.00 for 30 grams.

AlaskanGuy

Post by AlaskanGuy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:10 am

well, I figured out what would fit in a 1 gallon Jar. just over 200 grams, or just over 7oz... I zip-locked in a gallon storage bag approx 210 grams, and then removed all the air, then placed the ziplock gallon bag into my vacuum packer and vacuum packed any remaining air and then sealed them. i have 2 packages so far that are extra... i will probably have 4 or 5 by the time the season is over.

Midnightblue

Post by Midnightblue » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:46 am

Hi AlaskanGuy. Just wondering if you'd be interested in selling me some? I live in Australia. I purchased some Lithuanian product and it was very weak and very disappointed. I'd be using it for medicinal purposes like Aminita Dreamer did. Trying to get off benzos. Got put on them while having Chemo.

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:45 am

Just an FYI they are illegal in AUS meaning they are possibly going to get snagged up by customs so be warned before making arrangements.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this