Making one's own Amanita Oil ?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
rural juror
Has thanked: 0

Making one's own Amanita Oil ?

Post by rural juror » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:11 am

Hi everyone,

I just bought 15 g of dried Amanita Muscaria from the Lithuanian "Flyamanita" online shop. It will arrive in a few days.

I'm quite excited and a little anxious because I've never used Amanita before and i have quite some respect for it. But I feel drawn to it, so now the only question that's left is the 'how'.

I take Amanita Dreamer's advice to heart to start out with microdosing - for safety reasons and to get thoroughly acquainted with this mushroom first. I don't desire to rush it, rather I wish to establish a true (and anxiety-free) relationship to this teacher.

So I watched Amanita Dreamer's video on how to prepare a tea for microdosing. But since where I live I am not the only one having access to the fridge/freezer, it doesn't feel like the way to go. I just don't want any stupid accidents to happen.

I would feel safer if i could store it in a drawer in my bedroom or something.

So,long story short, I came across the following video on YouTube from a German guy (I speak German..), making an Amanita Oil (supposedly for outer application, as he says). You might not understand what he says, but the video is self-explanatory:

(...for those, who don't want to watch the video, it can be summarized quite swiftly: He cuts up some dried Amanitas, shreds them with a mixer, puts them into a jam glass and pours enough olive oil on top of them so they are covered up completely. No heat is applied with this method...)

Now my question, especially to Amanita Dreamer, if you happen to read this: What do you make of it/ think of it? Is that a way to go if one intends to microdose the resultant oil? Are there any drawbacks in this method as compares to the tea (especially regarding the ibotanic acid)? Can you make an educated guess how long the oil can be used before going bad?

Lots of questions, i know...

It would be a far more convenient way for me to store it...

Another method i heard of, is adding 15 % of ethanol to the tea to make it storagable. But then again i picked up the information that ethanol can increase the effects of Amanita, as it somehow connects to the same receptors in the brain as the other active agents in the mushroom .

Any thoughts on this, anyone?

AlaskanGuy

Re: Making one's own Amanita Oil ?

Post by AlaskanGuy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:50 pm

i believe you should be able to make a tincture using the same method, but it is alcohol.. when microdosing, you are takeing such a small amount though..

may I ask what you have to pay and how much you recieved?

djf

Post by djf » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:10 pm

I would prepare the tea as instructed. Then boil it down to reduce the volume. Then add alcohol to about 20 % by volume. Should keep well.

So. For example. Say you have 15 grams of dried Amanita. You make the tea, then boil it down to 50 ml. Then add 50 ml of 40 % vodka. That would give you a total of 100 ml tincture, with an alcohol content of 20 %. If you microdose that, the amount of alcohol per dose would be very small. Even if you were to drink the entire 100 ml in one go it would only be equivalent to slightly more than one glass of wine.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:36 pm

rural juror wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:11 am
Hi everyone,

I just bought 15 g of dried Amanita Muscaria from the Lithuanian "Flyamanita" online shop. It will arrive in a few days.

I'm quite excited and a little anxious because I've never used Amanita before and i have quite some respect for it. But I feel drawn to it, so now the only question that's left is the 'how'.

I take Amanita Dreamer's advice to heart to start out with microdosing - for safety reasons and to get thoroughly acquainted with this mushroom first. I don't desire to rush it, rather I wish to establish a true (and anxiety-free) relationship to this teacher.

So I watched Amanita Dreamer's video on how to prepare a tea for microdosing. But since where I live I am not the only one having access to the fridge/freezer, it doesn't feel like the way to go. I just don't want any stupid accidents to happen.

I would feel safer if i could store it in a drawer in my bedroom or something.

So,long story short, I came across the following video on YouTube from a German guy (I speak German..), making an Amanita Oil (supposedly for outer application, as he says). You might not understand what he says, but the video is self-explanatory:

(...for those, who don't want to watch the video, it can be summarized quite swiftly: He cuts up some dried Amanitas, shreds them with a mixer, puts them into a jam glass and pours enough olive oil on top of them so they are covered up completely. No heat is applied with this method...)

Now my question, especially to Amanita Dreamer, if you happen to read this: What do you make of it/ think of it? Is that a way to go if one intends to microdose the resultant oil? Are there any drawbacks in this method as compares to the tea (especially regarding the ibotanic acid)? Can you make an educated guess how long the oil can be used before going bad?

Lots of questions, i know...

It would be a far more convenient way for me to store it...

Another method i heard of, is adding 15 % of ethanol to the tea to make it storagable. But then again i picked up the information that ethanol can increase the effects of Amanita, as it somehow connects to the same receptors in the brain as the other active agents in the mushroom .

Any thoughts on this, anyone?
Keep the chemistry in mind. The actives in amanita are water based so that means you will easily be able to extract it with water based solvents. Mostly water or like mentioned above, alcohol which is something that can dissolve both fat based or water based. This is just for preservation, not extraction.
You can always make your tea then freeze it in ice cubes in a ziploc bag with your name on it in the freezer. You can make tinctures with alcohol and you can smoke it.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:51 pm

I have a post here with some notes on my tincture prep but feel free to dm me we can chat about tinctures. I would be happy to help you make a shelf stable long lasting tincture for microdosing 😊
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

rural juror

Post by rural juror » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:16 am

Hey guys,

thank you for all your answers, appreciate it! Really helps me out.

I am so excited :P
AlaskanGuy wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:50 pm
may I ask what you have to pay and how much you recieved?
I have not yet received them but I ordered 15 g dried caps for 15,00 € (I live in Germany).

@djf
Nice, sounds good.. 👌 I'll try that out, thank you for the detailed explanation!

@tgt1002
Merci beaucoup 😊 I will look up your post on the tincture and will very gladly come back at you for questions 🙏

For now I will be waiting for the arrival of the mushroom. I will keep you guys posted. Have a beautiful day

rural juror

Post by rural juror » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:08 am

djf wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:10 pm
I would prepare the tea as instructed. Then boil it down to reduce the volume. Then add alcohol to about 20 % by volume. Should keep well.
And I got you right that this would need no cooling for storage? Is there any danger of the mixture to ferment, so that I need a special bottle cap to enable any surplus pressure to escape... or is this not needed?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but i'm really completely new to this

djf

Post by djf » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:06 pm

rural juror wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:08 am
djf wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:10 pm
And I got you right that this would need no cooling for storage? Is there any danger of the mixture to ferment, so that I need a special bottle cap to enable any surplus pressure to escape... or is this not needed?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but i'm really completely new to this
Not dumb questions :)

You are correct. No cooling needed. And no, it will not ferment :)

rural juror

Post by rural juror » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:11 pm

@djf Thank you!
Excited to try it out..

rural juror

Post by rural juror » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:39 pm

So today I picked up my mushrooms from Lithuania from the post office. Just finished making the tincture (50ml tea from 15 g of dried caps, mixed with 50 ml of 40%Vodka). In the evening I'll take my first microdose starting with 1/8 of a teaspoon (ca. 0,6 - 0,7 ml), as recommended by Amanita Dreamer in her microdosing vid on YouTube.

Wish me luck 😊 (...hope I feel something)
Attachments
Tincture
Tincture
20200925_151759.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 6249 times
These users thanked the author rural juror for the post:
VargVemund