Food for the imagination/ Soul

Feel free to discuss what you want.
rural juror
Has thanked: 0

Food for the imagination/ Soul

Post by rural juror » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:22 pm

Hey folks,

I wasn't exactly sure where to open this thread or if there is any room for such a topic in this forum at all since it is only very loosely amanita-related.

Lately I've been yearning for some food for the imagination, inspiring stuff from the mystical realm or 'otherworld'. For example I just ordered a book (collection of stories) called 'Wizards: Stories of Mischief, Magic and Mayhem' by Jennifer Schwamm Willis, which I started reading years ago in a library in a really magical time in my life, and that i really enjoyed. The story that I read was about Merlin...

Also at that time I watched a lot of videos on YouTube and read a lot of books on Huna (Hawaiian Shamanism) and by people like Robert Moss (Author of 'Active Dreaming' and 'Dream Gates'). Also I listened to some really enchanted music, like children's lullabies from the Putomayo world music collection (see YouTube: 'Latin Dreamland', 'African Dreamland' etc.)

Also as a child/teen i used to watch a mystery/ twilightzone-ish children's series called 'Eerie Indiana' (anyone knows it? :) ) and enjoyed very much a cartoon film called the 'Halloween Tree' (based on the novel by Ray Bradbury... By the way, I love his short stories! ...Tales from the bizarre...)

Now Nostalgia has got me and I'm revisiting all these 'places' that once supplied me with food for the Soul and for the imagination.

Why I'm writing this to you is because I hope you can give me further suggestions on books/novels, Movies, Series, Music and in generals topics (especially on the spiritual side of things) worth looking into, because I simply need Food.. :D After a long spiritual drought.

Anything, fact or fiction, that has deeply inspired you and that can serve to enrich one's inner life and uplift the Spirit.. that carry some good high or enchanted vibes... you know, the magical, shroomey kind.

Would highly appreciate it.
Cheers

rural juror

Re: Food for the imagination/ Soul

Post by rural juror » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:26 pm

P.S. how I remembered that 'Wizard'-book is that I watched an interview on YouTube with someone who said he met Merlin on a Amanita journey in which his Spirit traveled the otherrealm.... Suddenly that book popped up in my mind with that very artistically told story of Merlin and the young warden Arthur

PPS: I also enjoy the fiction genre urban fantasy and magical realism a lot, but unfortunately i have not found many books in this genre. On tv, I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer in my youth (now I've outed miself :geek: :lol: )

What I really enjoy too are guided meditations, such as this one by Stewart Blackburn (really worthwile, there are a couple of similar ones by him on his channel):

Maybe you know other ones worth sharing..

Now you know some of my preferences, looking forward to your suggestions 🙂
Last edited by rural juror on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:49 pm

rural juror wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:22 pm
Hey folks,

I wasn't exactly sure where to open this thread or if there is any room for such a topic in this forum at all since it is only very loosely amanita-related.

Lately I've been yearning for some food for the imagination, inspiring stuff from the mystical realm or 'otherworld'. For example I just ordered a book (collection of stories) called 'Wizards: Stories of Mischief, Magic and Mayhem' by Jennifer Schwamm Willis, which I started reading years ago in a library in a really magical time in my life, and that i really enjoyed. The story that I read was about Merlin...

Also at that time I watched a lot of videos on YouTube and read a lot of books on Huna (Hawaiian Shamanism) and by people like Robert Moss (Author of 'Active Dreaming' and 'Dream Gates'). Also I listened to some really enchanted music, like children's lullabies from the Putomayo world music collection (see YouTube: 'Latin Dreamland', 'African Dreamland' etc.)

Also as a child/teen i used to watch a mystery/ twilightzone-ish children's series called 'Eerie Indiana' (anyone knows it? :) ) and enjoyed very much a cartoon film called the 'Halloween Tree' (based on the novel by Ray Bradbury... By the way, I love his short stories! ...Tales from the bizarre...)

Now Nostalgia has got me and I'm revisiting all these 'places' that once supplied me with food for the Soul and for the imagination.

Why I'm writing this to you is because I hope you can give me further suggestions on books/novels, Movies, Series, Music and in generals topics (especially on the spiritual side of things) worth looking into, because I simply need Food.. :D After a long spiritual drought.

Anything, fact or fiction, that has deeply inspired you and that can serve to enrich one's inner life and uplift the Spirit.. that carry some good high or enchanted vibes... you know, the magical, shroomey kind.

Would highly appreciate it.
Cheers
i don't read this genre but as a side note Adeptus Psychonautica just did a video on Dune.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

rural juror

Post by rural juror » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:54 pm

amanitadreamer wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:49 pm
i don't read this genre but as a side note Adeptus Psychonautica just did a video on Dune.
Ah, cool, I'll watch that (I'm a great fan of since fiction). I never watched the movie as yet though. Thank you