Heavy Metals Warning

Feel free to discuss what you want.
tgt1002

Heavy Metals Warning

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:46 pm

Worth a read. Mod(s) Please put this in a different part of the forum if you feel it should be elsewhere
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post:
Amanita Research
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

djf
Has thanked: 0

Re: Heavy Metals Warning

Post by djf » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:51 am

It's good that you bring this up. It's something I've been aware of as well. I figure it's not such a big deal with the occasional dose. But long term it could be a disaster.

The tricky thing is that it seems to vary a lot depending on the soil. Which means you'd have to test each and every batch to really know.

A purely speculative idea is to take it with chlorella to bind the metals and avoid them being absorbed. Perhaps zeolite or bentonite could work too. The questions here are how much of the metals they would bind (desired), and how much of the active ingredients they would bind (not desired).

Also. Making sure to be replete in the necessary trace minerals, especially zinc, could go a long way for protection.

The idea that the nausea is caused by the heavy metals is pure speculation. It seems unlikely, especially since nausea is a well-known effect of muscarine.

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:31 am

djf wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:51 am
The idea that the nausea is caused by the heavy metals is pure speculation. It seems unlikely, especially since nausea is a well-known effect of muscarine.
Or ibotenic acid. I agree no way it's heavy metals. I would just get samples of extracts tested so if I made an extract for 4 ounces for example I could find out the amount and type of heavy metals of a fairly sizeable batch. Could help me identify a batch safe to use regularly for microdosing for example but I would mainly be testing for other stuff and the heavy metals would be a secondary bonus piece of info
~IDK who said this

djf

Post by djf » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:16 am

tgt1002 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:31 am
Or ibotenic acid. I agree no way it's heavy metals. I would just get samples of extracts tested so if I made an extract for 4 ounces for example I could find out the amount and type of heavy metals of a fairly sizeable batch. Could help me identify a batch safe to use regularly for microdosing for example but I would mainly be testing for other stuff and the heavy metals would be a secondary bonus piece of info
Oh, yes, of course. Ibotenic acid would be the prime suspect!

I'm thinking testing for heavy metals might be cheaper and more accessible than testing for other components. I haven't looked into it though. Maybe you have?

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:50 am

I'm assuming it will all be affordable in india compared to the USA
~IDK who said this

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:41 pm

tgt1002 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:46 pm

Worth a read. Mod(s) Please put this in a different part of the forum if you feel it should be elsewhere
It also bioaccumulates Vanadium which is actually helpful to our body but over all, I haven't really worried about this. Since I use so little of it about once a week or less than that. I don't know what smoking it does to the metals.
It would also depend on the area, like near a roadway they would be worse than ones from deep in a European forest. But around here they are all very urban so if it's going to be an issue, it would be here.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:29 pm

amanitadreamer wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:41 pm
It also bioaccumulates Vanadium which is actually helpful to our body but over all, I haven't really worried about this. Since I use so little of it about once a week or less than that. I don't know what smoking it does to the metals.
It would also depend on the area, like near a roadway they would be worse than ones from deep in a European forest. But around here they are all very urban so if it's going to be an issue, it would be here.
I totally wouldn't be overly worried about it, but it definitely is something to be aware of imo so i posted it here :) I kind of figured this even before I read it because in general mushrooms tend to do this (I thought anyway)
~IDK who said this

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:26 pm

tgt1002 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:29 pm
amanitadreamer wrote:
I totally wouldn't be overly worried about it, but it definitely is something to be aware of imo so i posted it here :) I kind of figured this even before I read it because in general mushrooms tend to do this (I thought anyway)
In reading that, there's no conclusion about some of the metals. Most are good ones for us, and the Cadmium and Cobalt and Mercury, while it accumulates, may not be biologically available to us. This reserach makes statements about bioavailability of some of the metals but not these. It also depends on the soil it was grown in. It makes conclusions about soil accumulation for some metals but not others. It reads as very inconclusive to me.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:54 pm

amanitadreamer wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:26 pm
tgt1002 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:29 pm
amanitadreamer wrote:
In reading that, there's no conclusion about some of the metals. Most are good ones for us, and the Cadmium and Cobalt and Mercury, while it accumulates, may not be biologically available to us. This reserach makes statements about bioavailability of some of the metals but not these. It also depends on the soil it was grown in. It makes conclusions about soil accumulation for some metals but not others. It reads as very inconclusive to me.
I totally agree. I was sharing it less because it was a super awesome piece of information and more to point out that heavy metals do accumulate from the soil that mushrooms in general grow in and it is something to be aware of.

All that said heavy metals accumulate in everything that grows in soil that contains them so maybe it is not worth bringing up.
~IDK who said this

Druid z Podlesia

Post by Druid z Podlesia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:19 am

I have a theory that eating Amanita Muscaria can cleanse our body from heavy metals, if it cleanse the soil it can also cleanse our body.