Just had my 1st Amanita trip and.... omg

Feel free to discuss what you want.
EmJay
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Just had my 1st Amanita trip and.... omg

Post by EmJay » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:28 pm

..... nothing happened.

I watched all the YouTube videos on preparation and thought I did everything correctly.

I dried a range of caps in the oven until cracker dry. The oven was about 75 degree celcius and it took between 1 and 6 hours depending on size.
I then boiled/simmered 15g for 25mins then strained.
I then drank the liquid with some hot water and the juice of a lemon.

After a few hours nothing had happened, so i fried the soggy mushrooms in butter, salt, and chilli flakes till they were crisp, and served on a slice of sourdough, it was delicious, what an incredible umami flavour they have!

Still, no effects at all for the rest of the evening. I am aware this could just be because these particular mushrooms lacked potency, but considering they were from multiple locations and varying sizes I am a bit surprised I didn't feel anything.

I have 2 questions;
1. Does anyone think i did anything wrong that could have caused the lack of effect. Perhaps in the oven too long?
2. I am really hoping the Amanita can help me heal even slightly from my anxiety and PTSD, so I am wondering if this experience would have had any positive effect on my mental health, even without feeling any effect of the mushroom?

Thanks for any answers x

tgt1002

Re: Just had my 1st Amanita trip and.... omg

Post by tgt1002 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:42 pm

So I have had little to no effects before on about 16 grams of dried material in a tea. I have also had moderate effects with less. It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong but oven drying can be hit or miss because of how variable ovens can be. Question. Is it possible any liquid leaked out during drying. Sometimes in too much heat liquid containing actives bleeds out of the mushrooms and you lose a ton of potency. If you are harvesting these yourself you could try just making a tea with fresh Amanitas and as long as you are careful and simmer for a while with some lemon juice to aid in decarb you will probably be fine (but that is your call). Just whatever you do don't start assuming you will always need as much or more than you took because I have talked with folks that stopped being careful because of repeated nothing and then they practically overdosed and either ended up or almost ended up in the hospital so stay cautious. It is always best to be disapointed with no effects than to end up in the hospital. Good luck.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

Donn

Post by Donn » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:21 am

EmJay wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:28 pm
After a few hours nothing had happened, so i fried the soggy mushrooms in butter, salt, and chilli flakes till they were crisp, and served on a slice of sourdough, it was delicious, what an incredible umami flavour they have!
Sounds brilliant. We need a recipes section.

micha79
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by micha79 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:48 pm

So, yesterday me and my partner had our first experience with Amanita. We drank about half of a teaspoon around 20 o'clock. I felt something almost immediately, some warm feeling in the body, my eyes got heavy and also got a heavy feeling in my head, like when we drink alcohol. I was very tired from the day, and we were laying down in bed listening to music. Another interesting effect was some muscular spams I had within 10 minutes after drinking it, my partner reported the same. My stomach got a little weird as well but no pain (i wasn't in empty stomach). I’m glad we took so little. I slept well, and right before sleeping felt my mind very active, but I focused on my breath and felt assleep easily. My partner reported active dreams and he felt he didn’t sleep. Today we are feeling slow, like having a hangover. Is this a normal effect? And it take so long to go away?

ZombieAngel

Post by ZombieAngel » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:35 am

micha79 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:48 pm
So, yesterday me and my partner had our first experience with Amanita. We drank about half of a teaspoon around 20 o'clock. I felt something almost immediately, some warm feeling in the body, my eyes got heavy and also got a heavy feeling in my head, like when we drink alcohol. I was very tired from the day, and we were laying down in bed listening to music. Another interesting effect was some muscular spams I had within 10 minutes after drinking it, my partner reported the same. My stomach got a little weird as well but no pain (i wasn't in empty stomach). I’m glad we took so little. I slept well, and right before sleeping felt my mind very active, but I focused on my breath and felt assleep easily. My partner reported active dreams and he felt he didn’t sleep. Today we are feeling slow, like having a hangover. Is this a normal effect? And it take so long to go away?
When I first used, it actually took me over a week to feel entirely "normal" again, although I did feel very rested from napping. I know everyone says it is supposed to wear off in a day, dunno what that's about. Your body needs time to adjust.
no guilt in life ☼ no fear in death

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:56 pm

micha79 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:48 pm
Most of what you describe is the ibotenic acid. Next time try to decarb as much as you can. What you got the next day is about right. That was more than a microdose, by the way. If you micro you shouldn't really get enough for spasms but even if you decarb it well you will get a little jacked up and want to do work before relaxing to sleep. And if you micro correctly you shouldn't have the draggy feeling the next day.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
lafemme
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer