Dehydrating - out all the everything ??

Feel free to discuss what you want.
peacepixy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dehydrating - out all the everything ??

Post by peacepixy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:04 am

I'm writing this and remembering that Dreamer just did a video about comparing using a dehydrator to an oven - Still, I don't think my question will get answered. SO...
Can you dehydrate all the ibotenic acid and muscimol out of the mushroom and then it will be safe to eat? Or dehydrate and then boil it all out? I think you can...or I should say I think I did.
Every piece counts. No matter how big or small. Every Peace Counts
From this day forward, every decision you make is moving you towards the direction you are going. Choose wisely.

tgt1002

Re: Dehydrating - out all the everything ??

Post by tgt1002 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:10 pm

If you want to eat without any psychoactives you should parboil three times. That's boil the shrooms throw out the water and repeat twice.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

peacepixy
Been thanked: 0

Post by peacepixy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:09 am

I read down on the posts to her video and I am going to guess/test that the dehydrator runs hot at the top (top blower). I put all mine on the top when I did them... and that's why I think everything came out clean. So now I know... ;) G I Joe
Every piece counts. No matter how big or small. Every Peace Counts
From this day forward, every decision you make is moving you towards the direction you are going. Choose wisely.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:07 pm

peacepixy wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:09 am
I read down on the posts to her video and I am going to guess/test that the dehydrator runs hot at the top (top blower). I put all mine on the top when I did them... and that's why I think everything came out clean. So now I know... ;) G I Joe
If it's a dehydrator with the heater on the bottom, then, the racks on the bottom are hotter than the top by a lot. In the excalibur, all of them get hot enough. Just don't want you to get sick...The cheaper dehydrators rarely get hot enough. FYI
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

AlaskanGuy

Post by AlaskanGuy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:48 pm

i rigged my cheap one by changing the reohstat setting.... be warned though.. when you go to 160, the very bottom of the dehydrator starts to warp out of shape. really doesnt matter, but be prepared... ask me how I know...

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:56 pm

AlaskanGuy wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:48 pm
i rigged my cheap one by changing the reohstat setting.... be warned though.. when you go to 160, the very bottom of the dehydrator starts to warp out of shape. really doesnt matter, but be prepared... ask me how I know...
Lol hopefully that will happen no more. Btw I don't think my latest private messages reached you something funky going on with the direct messaging can you shoot me your email via dm if you don't get my long message so I can send you the messages directly
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this