Is there a scientific reason for the two-day alcohol abstinence rule?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Curious Mushroom

Is there a scientific reason for the two-day alcohol abstinence rule?

Post by Curious Mushroom » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi everyone,

So I'm hoping to take my first amanita microdose this week. I've seen mixed messages across the internet about how long you should avoid alcohol before and after your dose. The strictest recommendation I've seen is to avoid alcohol for two days before and two days after your dose.

I'm happy to adhere to this, but I was just wondering about the science behind this as I wasn't aware alcohol could stay in your system so long after you stop drinking.

For example, if I had my last drink late on Tuesday night, abstained on Wednesday, and microdosed on Thursday, why would this still be considered unsafe?

Also my partner takes benzos. Does the two day rule also apply to his benzos or should he only skip his meds on the day of the microdose?

Thank you so much for your help.

Imme

Re: Is there a scientific reason for the two-day alcohol abstinence rule?

Post by Imme » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:14 am

Did you download the PDF aminita muscaria herb of Imortality? It's free you should. It's not alcohol you need to avoid. Some medicinals are processed and preserved with alcohol. It is carbonation you must avoid. In beer or pop. It will convert the muscomol back into ibotenic acid. I am not sure on the time line but 48 hours is two days. So beer on Friday at 7. No amanita till after 7 on Sunday. But you can find that reference in the PDF from Ambrosia Society. Stay safe and be happy.
These users thanked the author Imme for the post:
Curious Mushroom

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:34 am

Really is there any scientific proof carbonated beverages will cause decarboxylation to reverse. I am super skeptical about this.
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post:
Curious Mushroom
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

Curious Mushroom

Post by Curious Mushroom » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:09 am

Imme wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:14 am
Did you download the PDF aminita muscaria herb of Imortality? It's free you should. It's not alcohol you need to avoid. Some medicinals are processed and preserved with alcohol. It is carbonation you must avoid. In beer or pop. It will convert the muscomol back into ibotenic acid. I am not sure on the time line but 48 hours is two days. So beer on Friday at 7. No amanita till after 7 on Sunday. But you can find that reference in the PDF from Ambrosia Society. Stay safe and be happy.
Hi Imme. Thank you for your response. ❤️🍄 I've downloaded Teeter's pdf. I was aware of the carbonated beverages rule and I appreciate the reminder, as I'd actually forgotten the alcohol I normally consume (cider) is often carbonated. I will play things extra safe on this basis.

As for avoiding mixing alcohol and amanita, I heard that in @amanitadreamer's video, either the one on microdosing or recreational dosing (I've unfortunately forgotten which). She explained that the mushroom and alcohol both work on GABA so combining could lead to an overdose. (Same problem with benzos) That explanation makes sense to me, so I personally wouldn't take them together, but I was just curious about the timeline.

That said you make a good point about some medicinals being processed and preserved in alcohol. My uneducated guess is that a lot may come down to the dose you are taking. I'm just trying to be as careful as possible :)
These users thanked the author Curious Mushroom for the post:
Imme

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:03 pm

Imme wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:14 am
I made this place to create a space where accurate information can be found. So for those reading this, the Ambrosia Society is a science denying forum.
It is ABSOLUTELY ALCOHOL YOU SHOULD AVOID and it can and DOES kill people who mix the two. There is no truth to the carbonation thing.
Let me say it again, in every single death where this mushroom was in their body, ALCOHOL was the culprit. And it is simple GABA science. DO NOT MIX ALCOHOL with amanita.
Saying other medicinals are preserved with alcohol and therefore this one....anything....... is a dangerous logical fallacy.
We are a science based forum.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 3):
Curious MushroomImmeMatt
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:04 pm

tgt1002 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:34 am
Really is there any scientific proof carbonated beverages will cause decarboxylation to reverse. I am super skeptical about this.
There is exactly ZERO science in this claim.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 2):
Curious MushroomImme
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Also want to point out tinctures that have a small amount of alcohol in them being used for micro and very small doses does not break the rules in my opinion. If you are having a teaspoon sized amount of liquid in it that is 20-40% abv I wouldn't be concerned. What you want to avoid is having a full blown drink or more while dosing Amanita.
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post (total 2):
Curious Mushroomamanitadreamer
~IDK who said this

Curious Mushroom

Post by Curious Mushroom » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:12 pm

Thank you for your input @amanitadreamer and @tgt1002... I am still learning so apologies if some of my questions arise from reading incorrect/unproven information.
These users thanked the author Curious Mushroom for the post:
Imme

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:04 am

No worries at all. Outside of the chemistry I will have you know my partner and I both consume a large amount of carbonated beverages constantly (me diet coke partner seltzer) and while we have had a few occasions where we got sweaty and salivated profusely we have never gotten any real noticible naseau from any doses we have done this far. Also same goes for my tincture note all but a couple doses have been from tinctures with about 40ish % abv and on the most extreme example with a known very weak tincture we maybe consumed a shot glass and a half and I would consider that on the edge of dangerous had the potency not already been determined to be very weak also this instance was taken in like four seperate spaced out doses and not on an empty stomach so be safer than that and you should be good.
~IDK who said this

Imme

Post by Imme » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:21 am

Hmm. If the PDF is not valid information,perhaps it should not be in the forum?
These users thanked the author Imme for the post:
Matt