Is there a scientific reason for the two-day alcohol abstinence rule?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
tgt1002

Re: Is there a scientific reason for the two-day alcohol abstinence rule?

Post by tgt1002 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:36 pm

There may be something good in it and nobody should go off one source alone anyway.
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post:
LittleRedRidingHood
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:41 pm

tgt1002 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:34 am
Really is there any scientific proof carbonated beverages will cause decarboxylation to reverse. I am super skeptical about this.
Anecdotally some people have expressed feeling nauseous after taking amanita/fleece then consuming carbonated beverages. My own personal experience is that I have NOT experienced nausea after consuming soda after. This may be a case of people's different constitutions.

I have DEFINITELY experienced a pronounced potentiation effect when mixing alcohol with amanita/fleece. Extreme caution should be observed.
Imme wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:21 am
Hmm. If the PDF is not valid information,perhaps it should not be in the forum?
amanitadreamer wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:03 pm
I made this place to create a space where accurate information can be found. So for those reading this, the Ambrosia Society is a science denying forum.
I do not believe in the 48 hour alcohol abstinence rule myself. It is also true that the Ambrosia Society's forum has some science denial, in that in the absence of valid science being available, Teeter and others believed the fleece was a different form of Amanita Muscaria, and not separate and distinct mold, so they held fast to the idea.

That being said the main purpose of Don Teeter's book was to share something very special with the world. Specifically introducing (reintroducing?) the fleece which is derived from the amanita muscaria mushroom. I feel we should be somewhat forgiving and understanding of their possition, for 2 main reasons. 1, there is STILL no science behind the fleece at all, except observational classification, which only appears to be true even though I haven't seen any sources, only arguments in forums. That is not science. And 2, MOLD, the term resisted by Teeter and his forum, is a loaded word. In our world Mold=Bad. In our world mold IS NOT recognized as mycelium, rather it is a contaminant, full of risks and dangers to one's health and saftey. Is mold mycelium? Of course it is. "Mold" is taboo. It is true that the fleece is mold. It is also true that the fleece is reasonably safe for human consumption.

The world at large rejects the Amanita Muscaria mushroom as a toxic toadstool to be avoided at all costs. Lets not turn up our noses at Teeters discovery of the fleece with the same projection. His (and my own) experience with the fleece is similar as the mushroom. It is sacred. I dont care if others are afraid of words like mushroom or mold. I know better.

I hope we have room in this forum for Truth above all. Truth exists where science has not yet explored, and science's value in our lives is that it reveals truth. I believe in the truth of the fleece only because the science has not yet confirmed what to me, is obvious.

I am not a member of the Ambrosia Society, but I feel the need to speak up to its defense, not to defend their science denialism, but their central message. Lets not throw out that precious baby with the bath water. Am I at all off base in my perspective?

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:58 pm

Mcpato wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:41 pm
tgt1002 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:34 am
Really is there any scientific proof carbonated beverages will cause decarboxylation to reverse. I am super skeptical about this.
Anecdotally some people have expressed feeling nauseous after taking amanita/fleece then consuming carbonated beverages. My own personal experience is that I have NOT experienced nausea after consuming soda after. This may be a case of people's different constitutions.

I have DEFINITELY experienced a pronounced potentiation effect when mixing alcohol with amanita/fleece. Extreme caution should be observed.
Imme wrote:
amanitadreamer wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:03 pm
I made this place to create a space where accurate information can be found. So for those reading this, the Ambrosia Society is a science denying forum.
I do not believe in the 48 hour alcohol abstinence rule myself. It is also true that the Ambrosia Society's forum has some science denial, in that in the absence of valid science being available, Teeter and others believed the fleece was a different form of Amanita Muscaria, and not separate and distinct mold, so they held fast to the idea.

That being said the main purpose of Don Teeter's book was to share something very special with the world. Specifically introducing (reintroducing?) the fleece which is derived from the amanita muscaria mushroom. I feel we should be somewhat forgiving and understanding of their possition, for 2 main reasons. 1, there is STILL no science behind the fleece at all, except observational classification, which only appears to be true even though I haven't seen any sources, only arguments in forums. That is not science. And 2, MOLD, the term resisted by Teeter and his forum, is a loaded word. In our world Mold=Bad. In our world mold IS NOT recognized as mycelium, rather it is a contaminant, full of risks and dangers to one's health and saftey. Is mold mycelium? Of course it is. "Mold" is taboo. It is true that the fleece is mold. It is also true that the fleece is reasonably safe for human consumption.

The world at large rejects the Amanita Muscaria mushroom as a toxic toadstool to be avoided at all costs. Lets not turn up our noses at Teeters discovery of the fleece with the same projection. His (and my own) experience with the fleece is similar as the mushroom. It is sacred. I dont care if others are afraid of words like mushroom or mold. I know better.

I hope we have room in this forum for Truth above all. Truth exists where science has not yet explored, and science's value in our lives is that it reveals truth. I believe in the truth of the fleece only because the science has not yet confirmed what to me, is obvious.

I am not a member of the Ambrosia Society, but I feel the need to speak up to its defense, not to defend their science denialism, but their central message. Lets not throw out that precious baby with the bath water. Am I at all off base in my perspective?
I have things to say but I just brought in a huge haul of amanita and I will forget to come back so this won't be well written or thorough. My issue is that I see things through science eyes because when you don't use proper terms things get confused and easily misleading.
Molds are a class of fungi, not an adjective. Molds have mycellium. I won't stray from using that word and trying to push an agenda of using wrong terms because of how soceity sees them is more anti-science. So I won't do it. Fuck society.
I don't have an issue with believing in something and wanting to know more about it. Not in the slightest and surely you get that from my channel. I have a problem with folks denying studies and tests and and using wrong terms. That's about it.
I have read (I think( everything posted on the A. S. about this mold and I am not convinced about anything still. That's not to say I doubt that this mold has effects. I can't comment on that. And I believe all the people who say they get something. What that is, is what we don't know and with the simple testing involved and yet not a thing pointing to this mold being an active, makes me feel like we've been there, done that, I'm moving on. Maybe in the future if I get bored, I'll see what's been done or tested etc. But for me the A.S. IS very much a science denial silly place, much of Teeter's work has been debunked and I don't have time for silliness unless I am looking for it.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:59 pm

Imme wrote:
I believe that nothing that is made up and heresay should be in this forum but I got out voted on that. So for now this is a dumping ground of ALL things amanita. Not just science based stuff.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Imme
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

Imme

Post by Imme » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:19 am

I'm sorry to here that. It is confusing and dangerous. I personally have no desire to die in particular because of misinformation. I actually came to the forum to FIND the truth. Now, I , as an uneducated lay person am not sure what to believe. I am not a scientist. And to much scientific data just gives me a headache.
I have obviously misinterpreted the purpose of the forum for which I apologize.
I have experienced amazing pain relief using the tinctures as presented in the forum. Am I killing myself instead of finding the healing I sought?
Wow. I shall ponder on this further. Thank you

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:34 pm

Imme wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:19 am
I'm sorry to here that. It is confusing and dangerous. I personally have no desire to die in particular because of misinformation. I actually came to the forum to FIND the truth. Now, I , as an uneducated lay person am not sure what to believe. I am not a scientist. And to much scientific data just gives me a headache.
I have obviously misinterpreted the purpose of the forum for which I apologize.
I have experienced amazing pain relief using the tinctures as presented in the forum. Am I killing myself instead of finding the healing I sought?
Wow. I shall ponder on this further. Thank you

Like tg said, it' a dose thing. A tincture isn't an issue because you're using so little. I'm referring to people who want to drink and do a rec dose. THAT is a recipe for disaster in my opinion.
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

Imme

Post by Imme » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:40 pm

Ahhh. Alcohol has never been a tool of enlightenment.
These users thanked the author Imme for the post:
LittleRedRidingHood

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:42 pm

Imme wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:40 pm
Ahhh. Alcohol has never been a tool of enlightenment.
I don't know if that's true. I believe alcoholic concoctions have been used in rituals and ceremonies for a long time but that is off topic I suppose
~IDK who said this

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:46 pm

I also wrote this whole long post about being responsible for your own body and researching in multiple places etc but for some reason it seems to have been lost so my nice long post is gone so I'll say it short and harsh. You gotta do your own exhaustive research from many locations. If you choose not to and you make a mistake that costs you your health or life that is on you we as people on the internet can only be a part of your journey to the answer to the question should I ingest this mushroom?
~IDK who said this

Halibut_Acid

Post by Halibut_Acid » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:59 pm

Not recommending that anyone else do this, but I drink an amanita tea of ~1-2 grams after drinking alcohol sometimes. I don't drink heavily, usually 3-4 drinks, but alcohol impacts my sleep in a very disruptive way and if I make a tea out of 1-2 grams of dried mushroom I sleep well through the night and wake up refreshed and not hungover. I think the danger would lie in mixing the two in large doses of either or both.
These users thanked the author Halibut_Acid for the post:
Donn