If one amanita was full of worms, does that mean all the harvest is infested?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Chill_Pilea
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

If one amanita was full of worms, does that mean all the harvest is infested?

Post by Chill_Pilea » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:08 pm

We harvested around 3,6 kg raw amanita, and our dehydrator can take only so much. So we layed the rest of them out on a table and sadly no, we didn't ventillate them. We put another and another round in the dehydrator, but some still waited on the table for their turn. And one of them turned mushy almost liquid, then these little worms crawled out of it everywhere on the table. I threw out all of them because they came in touch with the worms, and we dried the most of it already anyway. Does this mean the ones we dried are also infested? Is it safe to use them?

m32w
Has thanked: 0

Re: If one amanita was full of worms, does that mean all the harvest is infested?

Post by m32w » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:29 am

Can you use oven ? This is what I do, only oven is used and then few days seasoning.

absinthium

Re: If one amanita was full of worms, does that mean all the harvest is infested?

Post by absinthium » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:56 am

I use the ones with worms if they're not rotten or too gone, and if the worms aren't too many. I usually recover them for external use but sometimes I add them into tea. Some may find it gross but meh, just try to convince yourself into thinking of them as extra protein. :D