Ibotenic Acid and brain lesions

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Amanita Virosa

Ibotenic Acid and brain lesions

Post by Amanita Virosa » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:49 am

Just curious as to what people think on this. I’ve eating dried amanitas and powder for about 3 months. I may have gone over board a few times but now I try to limit it to once a week. I had read about how ibotenic acid is used as a brain lesioning agent in the past and didn’t really think anything about it. Recently I’ve looked into brain lesions, and the scientific articles I read I can only seem to partially understand. So my main question is do you guys think that prolonged use of Amanita could lead to brain tumors, or cancer? I’ve also noticed the top left of my brain kind of hurts (not unbearable by no means, maybe where the motor cortex is located.) Just a little concerned about it and trying to do some research on ibotenic acid.
These users thanked the author Amanita Virosa for the post:
Imme

tgt1002

Re: Ibotenic Acid and brain lesions

Post by tgt1002 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:38 pm

If you have read about it you know to accomplish this they inject a ton of it right into the brains of rats. Feels very similar to the claim that used to be made about DXM and olney's lesions.

I would not be worried about brain legions with ibotenic acid. That said anything done in excess without restraint can and will become a bad thing for one reason or another.
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post (total 2):
Amanita VirosaImme
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this