Is there a method for converting Ibo to Muscimol in already dried caps?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
sb_stefan

Is there a method for converting Ibo to Muscimol in already dried caps?

Post by sb_stefan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:30 am

I dried a bunch of Amanita caps at around 50°C and they are now cracker dry. Since then I've learned that you only convert the Ibotenic acid into Muscimol when drying at around 70°C. My question now is how to proceed with my cracker dry Amanitas?

Is there a way to convert the Ibotenic acid into Muscimol at this stage? If not, should I just throw them away and forget about it, or can I still salvage the benefits from them somehow?

Any help on this would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

tgt1002

Re: Is there a method for converting Ibo to Muscimol in already dried caps?

Post by tgt1002 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 pm

So when you simmer them in water for a length of time you can get up to 30% conversion. If you use some of the water to make a tea with some lemon juice and give it some time in the hot acidic mixture you can get up to another 30 and your body can do up to 10 so between all those things you should have enough decarboxylation. If you are concerned I would drink the tea you make very slowly over a long period of time. I don't have science to back this up but I always assumed the body conversion was decarboxylation occuring in your stomach due to the strong stomach acid found there so if you take it slowly over a period of time you would give more a chance to convert in your body but take that last piece with a grain of salt as I don't have science to back it up it's more of a hunch/educated guess
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post:
sb_stefan
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:51 am

tgt1002 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 pm
So when you simmer them in water for a length of time you can get up to 30% conversion. If you use some of the water to make a tea with some lemon juice and give it some time in the hot acidic mixture you can get up to another 30 and your body can do up to 10 so between all those things you should have enough decarboxylation. If you are concerned I would drink the tea you make very slowly over a long period of time. I don't have science to back this up but I always assumed the body conversion was decarboxylation occuring in your stomach due to the strong stomach acid found there so if you take it slowly over a period of time you would give more a chance to convert in your body but take that last piece with a grain of salt as I don't have science to back it up it's more of a hunch/educated guess
Also, I was talking with a Swedish shaman and he said putting lemon juice on them dried and letting them sit in it then re-drying them should push more conversion. I am going to try this..
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 3):
sb_stefanGeronimolafemme
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:02 am

Intersting. I have also done once (and plan to again to better evaluate) simmering in white vinegar until all the vinegar and water evaporated leaving a resinous extract that could then be redissolved to make a tea or a tincture without the acidic or harsh taste of vinegar. Sadly the batch I did this with was pretty weak so I have to try this on better specimens
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

lafemme

Post by lafemme » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:36 am

amanitadreamer wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:51 am
tgt1002 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 pm
Also, I was talking with a Swedish shaman and he said putting lemon juice on them dried and letting them sit in it then re-drying them should push more conversion. I am going to try this..
@amanitadreamer I'm keen to hear the results! I have one cap that was gifted to me, and I'm not sure how it was dried. I'm guessing room temp. I'd love to use it to microdose, so this would be perfect. Thanks!

lafemme

Post by lafemme » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:38 am

sb_stefan wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:30 am
I dried a bunch of Amanita caps at around 50°C and they are now cracker dry. Since then I've learned that you only convert the Ibotenic acid into Muscimol when drying at around 70°C. My question now is how to proceed with my cracker dry Amanitas?

Is there a way to convert the Ibotenic acid into Muscimol at this stage? If not, should I just throw them away and forget about it, or can I still salvage the benefits from them somehow?

Any help on this would be highly appreciated. Thank you!
@sb_stefan What method did you end up trying, and how were the results? Thanks!

sb_stefan

Post by sb_stefan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:25 pm

amanitadreamer wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:51 am
Did he give any more specific instructions for this? E.g. how long they should sit in lemon juice and at what temperature they should be dried at afterwards?