Meeting Amanita

Feel free to discuss what you want.
juan

Meeting Amanita

Post by juan » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:09 pm

As I mentioned in my introduction, I need to ask for help in setting up a self-experiment in which I want to get to know AM. I want to see what the trip is like and what's there to learn from it, but also find out if it may help with anxiety, trauma, addiction, irritability and/or depression.

1.jpeg
1.jpeg (48.05 KiB) Viewed 1260 times

Once cleaned, I oven-dried them as it has been raining lately and I plan to use the cuticle only, drinking and smoking it (Separately), starting low and working my way up from 0.1g to 3g (Will see later how far I'm able to get).

2.jpeg
2.jpeg (30.28 KiB) Viewed 1260 times
(Keeping the stipes/stems for later when someone finds out what they are good for.)

I've been constantly getting questions during the last months, so I'll probably get more over time but for now, these are some I can come up with and I'll appreciate any information, ideas or suggestions:

- Would like to find a way to quantify the outcomes but can't think of anything besides journaling. Any ideas for qualitative variables?
- I've noticed the standard units most people use are cap size, % of the cap or area units. Why not the weight of ground/homogenized cuticle pieces from different mushrooms?
- Not sure about the "protocol" yet. I've been considering to do it twice a week: One day smoked and one day steeped in water. I believe the protocols used with psychedelics may not work the same way with AM but leaving one or two days between doses seems like a safe way to go. Any input?
- Would a sitter be needed for these amounts?
- Besides alcohol, are there any non-obvious food items, substances or any activity I should avoid before, during or after taking AM?
- Any tips for making mushroom tinctures as well as dosing them?
- I've been micro and macrodosing psilocybin for a year now. Should I stop using it completely? Or perhaps just making sure not to use both mushrooms on the same day could be enough?

Fun fact: As a way to introduce each other, I decided to make a little snack with one of them first. So, I cooked 1/4 of a large dried cap, boiling it in water with salt and vinegar for 15 mins, then I boiled it again in plain water for the same time and the last step was to put it in a pan with some butter for a few minutes. Waited for 1-2 hours and repeated the same process but with a fresh 1/4 of a cap. I loved its taste and texture and would highly recommend it.

Last but not least, I'd like to share the first AM spore print I've ever made:

3.jpg
3.jpg (207.91 KiB) Viewed 1260 times

Everything is welcome, thanks!

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀
These users thanked the author juan for the post:
VargVemund

tgt1002

Re: Meeting Amanita

Post by tgt1002 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:08 pm

Good luck I wish you well
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

VargVemund

Re: Meeting Amanita

Post by VargVemund » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:58 pm

juan wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:09 pm
As I mentioned in my introduction, I need to ask for help in setting up a self-experiment in which I want to get to know AM. I want to see what the trip is like and what's there to learn from it, but also find out if it may help with anxiety, trauma, addiction, irritability and/or depression.

1.jpeg

Once cleaned, I oven-dried them as it has been raining lately and I plan to use the cuticle only, drinking and smoking it (Separately), starting low and working my way up from 0.1g to 3g (Will see later how far I'm able to get).

2.jpeg
(Keeping the stipes/stems for later when someone finds out what they are good for.)

I've been constantly getting questions during the last months, so I'll probably get more over time but for now, these are some I can come up with and I'll appreciate any information, ideas or suggestions:

- Would like to find a way to quantify the outcomes but can't think of anything besides journaling. Any ideas for qualitative variables?
- I've noticed the standard units most people use are cap size, % of the cap or area units. Why not the weight of ground/homogenized cuticle pieces from different mushrooms?
- Not sure about the "protocol" yet. I've been considering to do it twice a week: One day smoked and one day steeped in water. I believe the protocols used with psychedelics may not work the same way with AM but leaving one or two days between doses seems like a safe way to go. Any input?
- Would a sitter be needed for these amounts?
- Besides alcohol, are there any non-obvious food items, substances or any activity I should avoid before, during or after taking AM?
- Any tips for making mushroom tinctures as well as dosing them?
- I've been micro and macrodosing psilocybin for a year now. Should I stop using it completely? Or perhaps just making sure not to use both mushrooms on the same day could be enough?

Fun fact: As a way to introduce each other, I decided to make a little snack with one of them first. So, I cooked 1/4 of a large dried cap, boiling it in water with salt and vinegar for 15 mins, then I boiled it again in plain water for the same time and the last step was to put it in a pan with some butter for a few minutes. Waited for 1-2 hours and repeated the same process but with a fresh 1/4 of a cap. I loved its taste and texture and would highly recommend it.

Last but not least, I'd like to share the first AM spore print I've ever made:

3.jpg

Everything is welcome, thanks!

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀
Looking forward to hearing your experience especially concerning healing from trauma.

Also: I think I heard microdosing this can (and should?) be done much less frequent, like once a week. I may be wrong though :)