Amanita muscaria powder (tea)

Feel free to discuss what you want.
leeriley84

Amanita muscaria powder (tea)

Post by leeriley84 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:20 pm

Hi there lovely people, ive just ordered my first batch of 100g amanita muscaria powder, I know, I should of ordered the pieces, its my first time trying amanita and I wish to microdose first, my question is, would a throw away or a reusable tea bag be ok too boil the powder for the tea, and a tea infuser? And would you add the lemon to the tea after making it or add it with each use? Like will the lemon make it go off quicker in the fridge, as I'm only going to be doing about 30ml of tea at a time for microdosing till I get my dosage right, and would lemon jiff in the squeezy bottle do the same job as a real lemon, would the lemon, sorry for all the questions, and thank you in advance if you take the time to read my post 😁
Love from the uk

tgt1002

Re: Amanita muscaria powder (tea)

Post by tgt1002 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:30 pm

Me I make a large batch of water extract (some call it tea some call it broth some call it what it is a hot water extract) I then store it in the fridge or freezer. I then use small amounts and add it to a tea that I put some lemon juice in (If I am doing lemon tek I do not always bother depending on dosage)
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post:
leeriley84
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:05 am

If you are trying to microdose you could in theory put like a quarter gram of powder in a capsule and take that. With a small enough dose you don't really need to work about decarbing as the idea of a microdose is to take a really small amount. If you do want to make a tea I suppose you could use reusable tea bags but if your preping to decarb you really need to simmer for at least 20-40 mins. I'd say put a good amount of powder in a saucepan and add some distilled water so your covering all the powder and then some. Simmer it lightly for 20 to 40 mins and if water runs too low from evap add a little more. Once you are done strain through a fine mesh strain and then through a coffee filter. From there you have a couple of options for storage. You could add grain alcohol to get it to like a 20-50% abv and add it to a tincture bottle that will stay good for ages. You could put it in the fridge as is that will last about a week maybe more or you can freeze it that will stay good for ages too. To microdose take a small amount maybe a quarter teaspoon and add it to some tea with lemon juice. As far as potency you have to experiment as every batch has the potential to be different but if you are sticking with microdosing you pretty much good just taking a tiny amount. If you want noticible effects you gotta experiment.
leeriley84
~IDK who said this

leeriley84

Post by leeriley84 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:33 am

I was thinking about the capsules tbh, and thanks for the info on the tea :) ill have an experiment to see what works best and simplest for me, would jif lemon in a bottle do the same as a lemon do you know? Thank you again for sharing your knowledge :)
Love from the uk

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 am

It's all about acidity so if there is citric acid you are good. You could use white vinegar if you wanted (but would prolly be extra nasty)
~IDK who said this

Geronimo

Post by Geronimo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:26 am

I've never used the lemon tek. I have tinctures made out of tea with the extra alcohol for better storage.
I dose on a spoon and take it as it is.
Can I simply add some lemon to it, wait a few minutes and take it this way?

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:22 pm

The acidity from lemon is not really needed at microdose levels
Geronimo
~IDK who said this

Hexagon222
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hexagon222 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:09 pm

I grind my heat dried AM in a coffee grinder and add the fine powder + Lion's mane powder to my greek yogurt in the morning. Give it a good mix and voila! Works great and the taste is completely masked. ;)
Lots of water before and after.

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:39 pm

Cool
~IDK who said this