alcohol 1 day prior to small Amanita dose

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Matt

alcohol 1 day prior to small Amanita dose

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:17 pm

For my first dose of Amanita tea I am planning on 1/8th tsp in a cup of tea. If I had alcohol the night before is that a problem? I absolutely will not be consuming Amanita and alcohol at the same time.
How important is this warning about abstaining from alcohol days before Amanita ingestion?

PS. The forum search function is not working. I thought I had recently seen someone asking about alcohol consumption, but the forum search tells me that my word "alcohol" is too common and doesn't return anything.
Primal Northwest
https://www.primalnw.com

Halibut_Acid

Re: alcohol 1 day prior to small Amanita dose

Post by Halibut_Acid » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:35 pm

I personally don't follow that rule and have not had problems but I also can't endorse it as everyone reacts differently. I have consumed them together many times. One day apart should really not be an issue in my opinion but if you want to be as safe as possible then it won't hurt to wait.
These users thanked the author Halibut_Acid for the post:
Matt

Donn

Post by Donn » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:07 am

Same here. Mushrooms for lunch, wine with dinner, no problem - with small doses. If you're taking on enough fly agaric that the effects are pronounced, then ... I guess you probably should have someone looking after you, and that person should keep you away from alcohol.

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:21 pm

Avoid a recreational dose of either if they are near each-other like don't take a recreational dose of AM and some alcohol or visa versa but mild to moderate dose of one and mild dose of the other should be fine just be careful.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this