Lemon before or after feeze? (also dehidratator that only reaches 70º)

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Fox
Has thanked: 0

Lemon before or after feeze? (also dehidratator that only reaches 70º)

Post by Fox » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:34 am

Hi lads and ladyes, I'm still preparing to harvest when I can move to my new home in the mountains.

I have more or less clear what to do, pick up the mushis, figure a way to dry oven with a oven termomether or something at arround 80 grades (Can a simple 30€ food dehidrator do the job? it's cheap and specially designed to dry fruits and things, but it only reach 70º grades and supposetly the minimum temp was about 74º) then dry store them in sealed jars.

When I figured that part, boil the mushis until they look bleach out, let the liquid cool down, and store it in ice cubes for quick long term disposal.

Ok.. my main question... Sould I add lemon juice before converting the liquid into ice cubes? Or better just freeze and add the lemon after de-freeze when I'm going to use it?

I also want to try a raw tiny bite on them, maybe it gives me a push with training.. Can this test positive on drugs in a sports contest? :lol:

If the dehydratator only reach 70º, can it still convert some ibotenic acid? Is that big of a difference the result without that plus 30% initial convertion?

So many questions...

tgt1002

Re: Lemon before or after feeze? (also dehidratator that only reaches 70º)

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:21 pm

I always add lemon if I add it when I make a tea from my amanita extract and well tea. so in the case of freezing it would be after thawing the icecubes into a tea
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

Donn

Re: Lemon before or after feeze? (also dehidratator that only reaches 70º)

Post by Donn » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:35 pm

Fox wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:34 am
If the dehydratator only reach 70º, can it still convert some ibotenic acid? Is that big of a difference the result without that plus 30% initial convertion?
Sure.

I mean, this is an area where everyone is not of the same mind. Some people think of it like a pharmaceutical industry process where you do the steps and you get certain reliable results. I personally am skeptical about that. Where people have taken it to the laboratory and measured results, what I see is a great deal of variability and some ambiguity about what exactly is happening.

I would expect reasonable results from 70°C. In either case what comes out will still have a lot of ibotenic acid. At 70° you may have more of both, if it's true as I believe that the heat conversion actually comes at the expense of some degradation of both ibotenic acid and muscimol into other breakdown products. What it means to you, will in turn depend on how you respond to ibotenic acid, and we aren't all the same there. Anyway I hope it's clear that I don't know anything!