My First Micro-dose

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Raven

My First Micro-dose

Post by Raven » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi Everyone,
I prepared my first batch using 15g of dried AM with 250mls water, I followed the directions in the video and obtained my extract which I maintained at 250mls. I started with 1ml and added another 1ml after each 15mins of no discernable effect. I reached a total of 12mls which is about 2.25 teaspoons. I didn't really get any effect that I was aware of and just went to sleep, I must admit it was the best sleep I've had for ages. The only other possible effect was a short time ago, about 14hrs after I took the dose I had a short spontaneous bout of the giggles that lasted about a minute, I've no idea why I started laughing but this is unusual the moment due to the stress of our Covid lockdowns and silly mask mandates etc. should I continue to increase the dose above the 12mls? I've calculated that the 12mls only exposed me to the extract of about 0.7g of dried AM. was I wrong to keep the volume at 250mls during the boiling process? or should I have allowed it to evaporate and leave a more concentrated volume?

Is it usual, with micro-dosin, not to get any dramatic effects?

Samhain Blessings to you all :)

Raven aka Chris /|\
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. Rumi

tgt1002

Re: My First Micro-dose

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:18 pm

The idea of a micro dose is to not get any psychoactive or immediately noticeable effects. The idea is to slowly heal over time without ever getting "high"
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

Raven

Post by Raven » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:48 pm

Thanks tgt, how do I know which dose to settle on? Was the fact that I had a really good sleep enough of a clue?
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. Rumi

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:21 pm

possibly. It all depends on what you are looking for. I personally would experiment until I found light noticeable effects and then reduce dose by just enough to remove them (If I was trying to micro dose that is) if you want noticeable effects well that's entirely different
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

Geronimo

Post by Geronimo » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:24 pm

With every new 15gr prep, you will need to start working your way up: starting small and then gradualy adding a little to each dose untill you feel 'something'.
I would not add every 15min, rather 1h. Just repeat the same dose and add a little to make sure you get the dosage right.
When you hit the desired treshold, you then have marked the correct dose for that batch. A microdose then would be 1/5th or 1/10 depending on how many times a day you want to dose. Microdosing effects should always be subtile.
With every new prep you should repeat this process, because the strength can and will vary from batch to batch.
These users thanked the author Geronimo for the post:
Raven

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:28 pm

Raven wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:14 pm

Samhain Blessings to you all :)

Raven aka Chris /|\
Sounds like your and my experiences were very similar. Even almost on the same day.
Cheers from WA, USA.
-Matt
These users thanked the author Matt for the post:
Raven
Primal Northwest
https://www.primalnw.com