Help with scientific reference on Ibotenic concentrations in cap maturity

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Paulhedges27
Has thanked: 0

Help with scientific reference on Ibotenic concentrations in cap maturity

Post by Paulhedges27 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi all,

Very much appreciate some help here as I've had a Google search and can't find what I'm looking forward, with several different search terms.

It is accepted, am I correct, that when the cap is fully open and flat that this is when Ibotenic acid levels are at the peak, after this they start to degrade. When the cap is unopened in button stage the ibotenic acid is much less. Hence why we always try to harvest the mushrooms when the cap is opened and flat. I know I saw this explained in one of Amanita Dreamers youtube videos but I'm looking for some good literature reference on this. Hoping something like this exists.

I wrote a small guide to Amanita Muscaria preparation based on Amanita Dreamers methods, for a magic mushroom Facebook group I'm in for my country (Ireland) as I felt inspired to do so after seeing a lot of bad advice being given. For example, dry them at 33°c then put them in a cloth bag for 2 months to convert the ibotenic acid to muscimol. Nonsense like that. With some then suggesting to consume a few caps raw after this process. As in no mention of subsequent tea preparation. Which, from my understanding, very little to no ibotenic acid will have been decarboxylised to muscimol by that stage. Anyway, one Russian member of the group, same who suggested above method, is questioning my general assertion that ibotenic acid is at the peak when caps are flat. She believes strongly that the opposite is true.

Can anyone help me here please to correct this debate.

Thanks,
Paul

Mush love to you all.